US
✟1,100,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Seeing has how nothing about Biden's economic policies has failed, it was clearly the former.
The majority of Americans disagree with this biased, unfounded, opinion; so it fails.

Don't you just love Democracy?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1697560438834.png

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don’t think there is any doubt if we can afford it. The question is why should we. Israel is plenty equipped to handle their own security threats by themselves, though it’s refreshing to see a bit of bipartisan support in Congress, even if it is for killing people and laying waste to regions of the globe.

Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“In terms of what this all means, Paul Tudor Jones, the famed investor, was on CNBC this week, and he said, ‘This is the most threatening and challenging geopolitical environment that I’ve ever seen. At the same time, the U.S. is in its weakest fiscal position since World War II, with debt-to-GDP at 122 percent.’ Can — can America, can the West afford another war at this time?”

...so the Republicans are in charge of the House right? They have already stopped Ukraine funding. Let's see a bill doing the same for aid to Israel.

Or here's an idea: Require approved funds be identified before sending any more war dollars aboard. If Americans truly support Israel and Ukraine, let's pay for it even if it means increasing taxes to do so.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because of Covid.
Yep, not only has the GOP failed at basic day to day running of the government, but they also failed in governing during an actual crisis.

Almost like choosing extremists to satisfy the base is a self defeating proposition.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yep, not only has the GOP failed at basic day to day running of the government, but they also failed in governing during an actual crisis.

Almost like choosing extremists to satisfy the base is a self defeating proposition.
"Government can't solve anything. Elect me and I'll prove it."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟195,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

A Recession Is No Longer the Consensus

(WSJ) Economists are turning optimistic on the U.S. economy. They now think it will skirt a recession, the Federal Reserve is done raising interest rates and inflation will continue to ease. Fueling the optimism are three key factors: inflation continuing to decline, a Federal Reserve that is done raising interest rates, and a robust labor market and economic growth that have outperformed expectations.

Economists on average expect gross domestic product, the value of all the goods and services produced in the country adjusted for inflation, to increase 2.2% in the fourth quarter of 2023 from a year earlier. That is a sharp upward revision from the average 1% growth forecast in the last survey. Economists expect inflation as measured by the consumer-price index, which was 3.7% in September, to tick down to 2.4% by the end of next year and 2.2% by the end of 2025.

Unemployment is also down! So much good news! Biden just needs to make sure everyone is aware.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because of Covid. The economy was booming under Trump before Covid. Team blue probably thinks Biden created millions of jobs too, when in actuality it was that people were just returning back to their jobs after Covid shutdowns.
Actually the economy was good before Trump. So Trump mistakes didn't hurt until later. He really screwed over COVID-19.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Anyone who puts their trust in governments obviously failed history class
So says people who drive over bridges that must comply with DOT standards, who trust money in FDIC insured banks, who eat food kept safe by the FDA, who drink water and breathe air kept clean by the FDA, who fly in airplanes that the FAA jeep from crashing, who vacation at National Parks, who...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,449.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Says people who drive over bridges that must comply with DOT standards, who trust money in FDIC insured banks, who eat food kept safe by the FDA, who drink water and breathe air kept clean by the FDA, who fly in airplanes that the FAA jeep from crashing, who vacation at National Parks, who...
I think that's part of the problem. Government regulation is so deeply ingrained in our society people don't even realize it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because of Covid. The economy was booming under Trump before Covid. Team blue probably thinks Biden created millions of jobs too, when in actuality it was that people were just returning back to their jobs after Covid shutdowns.
Manufacturing was in a recession as of 2019.
The economy at large went into a recession in February 2020.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Welcome to Fantasy Island!" I guess that's why Yellen is pushing for 2 wars. HARK's posts #21,22 and 23 tell the story.
"Pushing" is doing a lot of work in that sentence.
I want a speaker that will keep their promises. McCarthy couldn't make it 6 months without breaking them.
It's not going to be Jordan.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think that's part of the problem. Government regulation is so deeply ingrained in our society people don't even realize it.
That and they're the first to call the FBI if their non-custodial spouse kidnaps their kid instead of hiring people to do it; who call city hall to complain about the potholes in their street instead of filling them themselves; and who go to the County hospital when they don't have insurance because they don't trust the government with their healthcare.

The most ironic thing about tim's statement is that any student of American history would know that has been playing a beneficial role in the lives of citizens since the 1800s.

Upvote 0