Year One List Of Trump Accomplishments

Followers4christ

Love my wife, 2 sons and Daughter. God is great!!
Jun 17, 2005
Caldwell, Idaho
Visit site
✟30,651.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some of those look a little dubious.

Is Trump responsible for these events occurring? If so, can this be demonstrated? Probably the answers are "no" and "no."

A deeper look in to this I would check this link out. Some from the link below:

"During normal times when mild fluctuations ripple around the economy, the task of keeping things on a stable growth path depends mainly on the actions of the Federal Reserve. The chair of the Fed, who’s chosen by the president, has a large impact on how monetary policy is conducted. In addition, members of the board of governors (which includes the chair), who are also appointed by the president, have a majority of the 12 votes on the monetary policy committee. So if they’re unified, they can set the policy agenda.

Finally, the president also plays a role in determining how GDP is divided between various income classes and how muchprotection workers have against lost income when they lose their jobs. Tax cuts for the wealthy and spending cuts to social insurance that Republicans advocate will tend to redistribute income toward the wealthy and reduce the protection workers have, while Democratic policies -- tax increases on the wealthy and more generous social insurance -- would do the opposite.

When the executive and congressional branches of government are controlled by the same party, policy is likely to move in one direction, and when the branches are from different parties, the threat of a presidential veto tends to preserve the status quo. In addition, the president can shape the policies of agencies such as the Federal Trade Commission that determine the regulatory environment and the tolerance level for monopoly power of firms. "

How much impact can a president have on the economy?

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A deeper look in to this I would check this link out. Some from the link below:

"During normal times when mild fluctuations ripple around the economy, the task of keeping things on a stable growth path depends mainly on the actions of the Federal Reserve. The chair of the Fed, who’s chosen by the president, has a large impact on how monetary policy is conducted. In addition, members of the board of governors (which includes the chair), who are also appointed by the president, have a majority of the 12 votes on the monetary policy committee. So if they’re unified, they can set the policy agenda.

So this says the Fed has more influence - I agree.

Finally, the president also plays a role in determining how GDP is divided between various income classes and how muchprotection workers have against lost income when they lose their jobs. Tax cuts for the wealthy and spending cuts to social insurance that Republicans advocate will tend to redistribute income toward the wealthy and reduce the protection workers have, while Democratic policies -- tax increases on the wealthy and more generous social insurance -- would do the opposite.

This seems to be describing legislative, not executive functions.

When the executive and congressional branches of government are controlled by the same party, policy is likely to move in one direction, and when the branches are from different parties, the threat of a presidential veto tends to preserve the status quo. In addition, the president can shape the policies of agencies such as the Federal Trade Commission that determine the regulatory environment and the tolerance level for monopoly power of firms. "

How much impact can a president have on the economy?

I understand the theories as to how the President would theoretically affect the economy. The real question is can the theory be demonstrated to be correct? I doubt it, and there is evidence to back up my cynicism. I think the President may have some effects, but they are probably small and overwhelmed by other factors, and certainly not as influential as the claims made by Trump.

https://www.nber.org/papers/w20324.pdf

Lucky for us, Trump has made some explicit claims that can be tested. He's claiming credit for GDP growth, unemployment rates and stock prices. So, if we test his claims will they confirm they are due to him being in office? Probably not. I suspect that we would find those claims are a result of claiming that correlation is causation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
With the passage of the GOP tax bill this week, the Trump administration has scored 81 major achievements in its first year, making good on campaign promises to provide significant tax cuts, boost U.S. energy production, and restore respect to the United States, according to the White House.

And along the way, President Trump even outdid his own expectations and slashed at least 11 major legacy items of former President Barack Obama, including cracking down on the open border, slowing recognition of communist Cuba and effectively killing Obamacare by ending the mandate that everyone have health insurance or face a tax.

For a list of major accomplishments Trump has filled in his first year please click the link below:

Year One List: 81 major Trump achievements, 11 Obama legacy items repealed

Other links:

Trump’s top 10 accomplishments of 2017

Trump ends 2017 with big wins on economy, taxes, ISIS and more

And I could be wrong but I feel strongly that just as President Ronald Reagan cooperated and coordinated activities with Pope John Paul II to bring down the Iron Curtain..... so also.....
President Trump and Pope Francis are going to be led to be closer and closer and closer together........

Roman Catholics, proposed outreach to Israeli town of Sderot?

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,156.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
With the passage of the GOP tax bill this week, the Trump administration has scored 81 major achievements in its first year, making good on campaign promises to provide significant tax cuts, boost U.S. energy production, and restore respect to the United States, according to the White House.

And along the way, President Trump even outdid his own expectations and slashed at least 11 major legacy items of former President Barack Obama, including cracking down on the open border, slowing recognition of communist Cuba and effectively killing Obamacare by ending the mandate that everyone have health insurance or face a tax.

For a list of major accomplishments Trump has filled in his first year please click the link below:

Other links:

Whether the things that Trump has done during his first year are success or failure depends on who is affected by them. Since most of the world has bad opinion of Trump, he hasn't brought respect to the White House, internationally or domestically. We will have to wait and see just how much his policies effect the US.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
President Trump and Pope Francis are going to be led to be closer and closer and closer together........

Agree

That is what the prophecies of the Bible say. We are living in the end times.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Agree

That is what the prophecies of the Bible say. We are living in the end times.

Correct.... .but based on what I had been taught by Evangelist Garner Ted Armstrong during the
'70 - '90's..... you are probably a little fearful of this........

but in actuality it will work out to be far more so good than bad.

Please notice the prophecy of the hurricane of money at the 17 minute mark.... .and the prediction of the Bride of Messiah the Church of G-d, rising up...... and dealing with problems that even political leaders cannot handle............ at the 23 minute mark of this video......

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
...and yet his administration is still a dumpster fire, he's the least trusted/honest President in history and his only "real successes" have been to make Nazi's and the KKK more open about being, well, Nazi's and KKK members. :wave:
tulc(isn't real sure how many of those would be considered a "success" by any other administration) :sorry:
I'm from Canada and I am sick of hearing all the "dirt" on your President.

It took you guys two years to figure out who would sit in the white house.
He broke all the rules and kept his mouth flapping and, yet, he is the best you have for a leader.
I never liked him. Hated "the Apprentice". Thought he was an arrogant blow hard.

However, even I, up in Canada, can see through the Democrats/media propaganda.

You are simply very lucky that he did break all the molds and that the people of the US showed up to vote him in.

He has no filter on his mouth... so how can he be accused of being the least honest? If he thinks it.... he says, tweets, post or blabs it.

I as a Canadian I am thankful that the Democrats did not get elected. The people of the US did almost the impossible and out did the establishment and kept the person out of the oval office... who was supposed to be the main puppet.

You guys beat the system and you don't even know it. Trump was not supposed to win... plain and simple.

But, he did and the whole world is better for it.... hard to believe but dig a little deeper and you will see the truth through the smoke.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm from Canada and I am sick of hearing all the "dirt" on your President.

It took you guys two years to figure out who would sit in the white house.
He broke all the rules and kept his mouth flapping and, yet, he is the best you have for a leader.
I never liked him. Hated "the Apprentice". Thought he was an arrogant blow hard.

However, even I, up in Canada, can see through the Democrats/media propaganda.

You are simply very lucky that he did break all the molds and that the people of the US showed up to vote him in.

He has no filter on his mouth... so how can he be accused of being the least honest? If he thinks it.... he says, tweets, post or blabs it.

I as a Canadian I am thankful that the Democrats did not get elected. The people of the US did almost the impossible and out did the establishment and kept the person out of the oval office... who was supposed to be the main puppet.

You guys beat the system and you don't even know it. Trump was not supposed to win... plain and simple.

But, he did and the whole world is better for it.... hard to believe but dig a little deeper and you will see the truth through the smoke.

An excellent analysis indeed.......
I am from Nova Scotia, and I totally agree with you. The world is a better place because Americans decided to elect Donald Trump to the office of President!

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Other links:

Ye have a good man there lads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How embarrassing that people spread lies such as those regarding our President. The bible warns against this -- doesn't matter to many.
M-Bob
What is untrue about Tulc's statement? He certainly did say there are good people on both sides, referring to the Nazis, a long-time enemy of America.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
He has no filter on his mouth... so how can he be accused of being the least honest?
(snip)
Probably because "not having a filter" shouldn't be confused with "telling the truth". :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

• Haha
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Probably because "not having a filter" shouldn't be confused with "telling the truth". :wave:

Usually the ones that are without these common filters (do tell the truth) cuz it just comes natural to them.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually the ones that are without these common filters (do tell the truth) cuz it just comes natural to them.
M-Bob
Here's the problem with the whole "no filter" idea: with out a filter you usually just blurt out what ever you think is going to get you what ever you want and the truth has little or no relationship to what's said as long as you get what you want. In President Trumps case he seems to want to be seen as A) a "successful businessman" B) a "man of the people" C) the "smartest kid in the room" and D) "better then President Obama". Now "A" is pretty debatable among people who know these sort of things, some say yes some say no. "B" is just plain ridiculous, "C" is (IMHO) the thing that keeps him up at night (well apparently not much past 6:30 pm if the rumors are true) and makes his compulsive tweeting that much sadder as for "D". well..on his best day he's never going to be/was anywhere near that. ]
And because of that no filter "only cares about getting what he wants" he has a 16% true/mostly true rating and whopping 48% false/pants on fire rating. That means almost half of everything he says is a lie. So the whole myth of "President Trump is honesty" is just that: a myth. :sorry:
here's the link for that: Donald Trump's file
tulc(in case anyone would care to see for themselves) :wave:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Don't think so because the pope does not have the Americans best interest first. Actually, some of the advice and scolding that he pushes our way he should keep at home.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Instead of a conversation you just play little sarcasm games. Regardless if I am right or wrong you can also count on me to give a honest debate. So if you disagree with what I am saying please let me know why you disagree. I will treat you with respect as I expect the same from you. I think we are all mature enough to have intelligent conversations on our opinions and different views that we may all have. Not to mention that's why liberals lost the White House was because nobody wanted to have a healthy conversation just put down the Republicans without any healthy dialogue. So the media thought they had this in the bag and laughed at anybody that had a different view and then was shocked when Trump won. Today if you want to make a difference you must talk to both sides and stop the childish name calling with words like racist or snowflakes. We must talk and stand United if we really want to make a difference in this country.

Uh huh.

If you're really serious with all the feelgood talk about us "coming together" and talking to each other, we should probably start by eliminating whoppers like "Trump was honest from day one" from the discourse. The first step to healthy discourse is a shared interest in objective fact and reality. If we don't have that, no amount of handwringing over the terrible state of the conversation in this country is going to be worth the server space it took to post.

Also, liberals are not solely responsible for the current state of discourse. There are many reasons for it, but one of them is not liberals failing to bow to Republican wishes because Trump won.
Ringo

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

You said "he's the least trusted/honest President in history"

That is quite a mouthful of "Democratic propaganda" and nothing more.

In order to be a good liar... you have to be very careful and calculated in what you say. Keeping all your stories straight and in line with all the other stories.....

Someone with no filters would expose themselves continually with no continuity of their communications.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Uh huh.

If you're really serious with all the feelgood talk about us "coming together" and talking to each other, we should probably start by eliminating whoppers like "Trump was honest from day one" from the discourse. The first step to healthy discourse is a shared interest in objective fact and reality. If we don't have that, no amount of handwringing over the terrible state of the conversation in this country is going to be worth the server space it took to post.

Also, liberals are not solely responsible for the current state of discourse. There are many reasons for it, but one of them is not liberals failing to bow to Republican wishes because Trump won.
Ringo
I believe that the Democrats still are stunned that he won.

I don't think they can get over it... they are totally and utterly flabbergasted.

They need a slap in the face.... a "get over yourself" and in all honesty someone needs to tell them that they will never win the next election with a platform based soley on the slogan "Trump is a bad guy".

Upvote 0