Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My aunt and uncle are going to buy me a gaming console for Christmas since it's been 1,7464,637 years since I bought a new one. Which one should I get and why? Thank you for any information on them. Oh and will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games?

EDIT: Hey guys, I have made my decision! :grinning::grin::videogame:

Last edited:

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟400,885.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
My aunt and uncle are going to buy me a gaming console for Christmas since it's been 1,7464,637 years since I bought a new one. Which one should I get and why? Thank you for any information on them. Oh and will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games? :grinning::grin::videogame:

I have a PS4, but sadly it does not play PS3 games I'm afraid.

I've always gone with PlayStation because their games tends to be a bit more diverse (at least they used to be), but these days it's really down to your own preference. You can get most games on both consoles and there's little difference :)

What kind of games do you like? That may help you a bit in deciding.

Reactions: Heartofsilver
Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am more of a PC gamer myself but both Playstation and Xbox are equally good. Though I do own a PS4.

Xbox is backwards compatible.

Playstation is not backwards compatible however you can enrol in a subscription to be able to play a few older generation games but you need an extremely fast internet to be able to stream these games. I tried it, did not like it.

Between both Xbox and Playstation there are a very few exlusive games : Over a 100 exlusives on PS compared to about 20 exlusives on Xbox.

A positive of Xbox One is that it is socially superior to the PS4. Skype, YouTube, even Twitch if you are into streaming. Not to say Playstation does not have these things but in my opinion Xbox is more dominant in this aspect.

A positive of Playstation 4 is that games run in higher resolutions: 1080p at 30 or 60 frames per second compared to 720p or 900p at 30 or 60 frames.

Have fun with your new console!

^_^

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It looks like I'll have to do more research on the games for which ones I want. Also, I find the controls for PS4 confusing. The Xbox one sounds good since, it's backwards compatible, has A, B controls, but then again you can't play offline with it. :persevere:

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It looks like I'll have to do more research on the games for which ones I want. Also, I find the controls for PS4 confusing. The Xbox one sounds good since, it's backwards compatible, has A, B controls, but then again you can't play offline with it. :persevere:

For both Xbox One and PS4, if you want to play multiplayer, you need to enrol into a subscription.

But for the whole majority of games you can just play offline with limited access to the game itself.

Some other games require a subscription to be able to pay.

Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I tend to do more PC gaming lately, especially with services like Steam. But, it all depends on the types of games you're into. =) It might be a good idea to research games each console has and any new one that will be coming out in the future.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My aunt and uncle are going to buy me a gaming console for Christmas since it's been 1,7464,637 years since I bought a new one. Which one should I get and why? Thank you for any information on them. Oh and will the PS4 be able to play PS3 games? :grinning::grin::videogame:
The PS4 is not backwards compatible but if you pay a skightly high fee per month you get a Netflix like service to stream PS3 games (not very good if you still have your PS4).

The Xbox One X is the upgraded Xbox One and the PS4 Pro is the upgraded PS4.

The Xbox One X is a significant upgrade to the Xbox One and is the most powerful console today (about as powerful as a mid range PC).

The PS4 Pro is only an incremental upgrade to the PS4 Pro but the Sony is pumping out games regularly.

Microsoft is.... not.

Look at the games you most want to play and the system your friends have and hobwith that.

The Xbox One X will be the most powerful but Microsoft don't seem to want to make any games for it and that has been so for the past few years.

Do you have any more specific questions?

• Informative
Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The PS4 is not backwards compatible but if you pay a skightly high fee per month you get a Netflix like service to stream PS3 games (not very good if you still have your PS4).

The Xbox One X is the upgraded Xbox One and the PS4 Pro is the upgraded PS4.

The Xbox One X is a significant upgrade to the Xbox One and is the most powerful console today (about as powerful as a mid range PC).

The PS4 Pro is only an incremental upgrade to the PS4 Pro but the Sony is pumping out games regularly.

Microsoft is.... not.

Look at the games you most want to play and the system your friends have and hobwith that.

The Xbox One X will be the most powerful but Microsoft don't seem to want to make any games for it and that has been so for the past few years.

Do you have any more specific questions?

Thank you for telling me all of this, I already stated above that I have made my decision. :grinning:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heartofsilver

Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the winner is...
What is your PSN?
#GotGame?

ps4.jpg

Upvote 0

Tina miller

Apr 16, 2018
Freport
✟17,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Since I am a play station person I say ps 2, 3 and 4. lol and ps Vita.
I also do not own the switch as the Switch is way too high priced and the moment and there are not that many games, that I would play on it, myself. And the games are very expensive. There would be a few games I would play on the Switch, so just not for me.

The Vita, thou smaller, has more games, a lot more, and better battery life. Also can be played with ps 4 games if you have wifi. And psp titles, and ps vita games, all for the Vita. Which is portable gaming device. There is way more racing and rpg's for the Vita, then the Switch.

My vote is for the ps Vita..I can take that anywhere with me. I also bought a few portable battery charger's so my ps Vita can last quite awhile, while I am out and about. The vita slim however has one extra hour of battery life, where the older vita has about about 3 to 4 hours, depends on game you are playing. Also a grip can be bought for the Vita, which some come with extra battery for Vita, to make it bigger, so better for the hands. I also wear reading glasses and I have no trouble seeing the screen, looks real clear to me. I just wish the Vita was a little bigger is all. But the game selection is huge.

For home use I say ps 3 or 4, and for on the go portbale I say ps vita!

The only con is that the Vita takes expensive memory cards, unless you know how to format the normal memory cards. I payed about 40 some dollars for 16 GB for Vita memory and it had to be the ps Vita memory card. So for like a 64 GB vita memory card, that would be about 90 dollars. However if a person buys a lot of games, then they do not need that much memory, unless they download a lot of their games, then they would. One could get away with the 32 GB if they bought a lot of the games. That would run around 60 dollars. lol. I know that part does suck. I did watch you tube, and I still I do not know how to get the other memory cards to work. Some can do it though, and it saves a lot of cash.
Ps Vita Review.

Last edited:
Upvote 0