Not open for further replies.

HumbleUnderdog

Mar 28, 2006
✟9,136.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You, along with someone else, brought a being into this world. You and that other have combined to form that being. That being has both, through DNA, the traits of both of you. However at the same time, he/she has a "mind of it's own." It has a free will just like you and the partner do. It can do whatever it wants, he/she can do as it pleases. The child is 'of you'. But if that child ended up becoming 'satanic' or anti-christ or non-christian (aka "antichrist") then who's to blame there? Did you as a parent teach that child about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, patience, grace, forgivness, etc etc? If you did, then what else can you do besides pray and feel excrutiatingly compassioniate for every wrong the child does?
But how do you raise the child properly? Is it not the same way that Jesus 'raised' the culture of Israel? Jesus went about teaching and preaching what was right and was a pure example of what is love and showed it through not just his actions but through his words his heart etc about what was right. So as a parent, shouldn't you 'travel throughout your child' and teach him/her what is right and wrong and provide forgiveness and to him/her for the wrongs?
Are you getting the picture and the parellel here?
If you teach your child what love and wisdom and patience and peace etc are, than then does that child have any excuse to reject Jesus, since these things are of Jesus's teaching? And even if the child does reject this, then shouldn't we respect that chiuld's choice, and thus provide forgiviness and understanding and grace to them, which are also of the Holy Spirit?

Being a child of two parents who claim to be christians themselves, i was not raised this way at all, and as a result i was severly suicidal and depressed, for several years. I was not born with any deformity or anything. and without my prayer to the God that my parents didn't atually know, I wouldn't be alive right now. Nor would one of my brothers be, as he was starting to become suicidal in the exact same pattern as I was. Thankfully with my prayer, he never did get into that depression that i went through. My 'christian' parents also made my olders brothers Bipolar Disorder alot worse and my youngest brothers ADHD worse because of the emnotional treatment that they give them. They do not show the love, patience, graciosuness, forgiveness etc that Jesus showed and had taught about, and Jesus wasnt' even a parent himself!!!!! I still wish that Jesus was my dad and the father of my brothers.

BTW, my parents are separated. They both even have their separate ways of 'christianity', which is sad in itself. No wonder my brothers don't know Jesus. I know for a fact that I;'m truly blessed with the wisdom to be able to see past all of this and came to realize the true God of love and forgiveness and etc.

So my advice would be to raise your children the same way that Jesus raised the ppl of Israel of His time.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
But how do you raise the child properly? Is it not the same way that Jesus 'raised' the culture of Israel? Jesus went about teaching and preaching what was right and was a pure example of what is love and showed it through not just his actions but through his words his heart etc about what was right. So as a parent, shouldn't you 'travel throughout your child' and teach him/her what is right and wrong and provide forgiveness and to him/her for the wrongs?
Very good.

Upvote 0

2LivIsChrist

May 14, 2004
✟9,287.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well i would love my child all the same. Yet, it would sadden my heart, because i would want them to be in eternity with me in heaven. I would just continue to pray that Jesus would take the veil off of their hearts and reveal himself to them. I wouldn't be able to change them, only God can and its their choice to except.

As for the teacher thing. I've been to public schools my whole life and haven't had many christian teachers. Yet, it doesn't bother me. I mean sometimes they have said things that have offended me, but i still show love towards them. I want to be a wittness to them, not through force but because of my lifestyle and Jesus shining through me. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.