Would you support legal action against Trump for the riots?

Would you support legal action against Trump for the riots?

• Yes

Votes: 63 70.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 29.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're delusional.

I agree with Dan because the evidence supports it. Lowest unemployment in history. Best economy in history. Lowest number of folks on government assistance. Brought jobs back to America. Attempted in most every way to reduce the size of a bloated and inefficient government. Defunded Planned Parenthood best he could. Brought more troops home than the past 4 presidents. Started no new wars. Cut taxes for 146M Americans. And the list goes on. I'm sure you have a list of things he did wrong, I do too, but the position of America prior to the state governors shutting their state economies down was the best it had been as far as I can remember. That should count for something.

Now what are we to expect?

Higher taxes, more abortions, disarming the American citizen (or jailing an otherwise law-abiding person for a tool they own if they do not comply with an unconstitutional law), greater government dependency (ie: less freedoms) and equity over equality. All of these things are anti-American and against what the Constitution stands for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with Dan because the evidence supports it. Lowest unemployment in history. Best economy in history. Lowest number of folks on government assistance. Brought jobs back to America. Attempted in most every way to reduce the size of a bloated and inefficient government. Defunded Planned Parenthood best he could. Brought more troops home than the past 4 presidents. Started no new wars. Cut taxes for 146M Americans. And the list goes on. I'm sure you have a list of things he did wrong, I do too, but the position of America prior to the state governors shutting their state economies down was the best it had been as far as I can remember. That should count for something.

Higher taxes, more abortions, disarming the American citizen, and equity over equality. All of these things are anti-American and against what the Constitution stands for.

I will agree to disagree and count you among those who have their head up their collective you know what!

Upvote 0

Green Sun

404: Star not found
Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Higher taxes, more abortions, disarming the American citizen (or jailing an otherwise law-abiding person for a tool they own if they do not comply with an unconstitutional law), and equity over equality. All of these things are anti-American and against what the Constitution stands for.
Pretty "pro-american" for Terrorists to raid the Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from doing their Constitutionally-bound duties.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Higher taxes, more abortions, disarming the American citizen, and equity over equality. All of these things are anti-American and against what the Constitution stands for.
The only one in your list that can even be construed as true is lowest unemployment. The economy was far from the best it has ever been. Trump ran the biggest deficit in history, and did nothing to make the government more efficient. Simply kicking people off of assistance doesn't help anything. You talk about defunding planned parenthood like that is a good thing. Obama had no new wars either, that isn't a high bar. Also bear in mind it was Trump that wanted to disarm you, he wanted to do so with no due process either. You must be pretty young if you think that we were in the best position American has ever been. There is a reason so many of the Greatest gen-boomers look back to the 50s and 60s. That was our most prosperous time economically. Trump wasn't doing anything to bring that back. The only one trying to that was Bernie.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
In this case certainly not Trump followers. They do not appear to follow either biblical or secular morality.

Trump supporters are involved, as you said, in a political struggle, not a moral one. They neither want nor need your moral approval, which they know they will never get in any case. Everyone knows you will condemn them no matter what they do.

• Agree
Reactions: 98cwitr
Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The only one in your list that can even be construed as true is lowest unemployment. The economy was far from the best it has ever been. Trump ran the biggest deficit in history, and did nothing to make the government more efficient. Simply kicking people off of assistance doesn't help anything. You talk about defunding planned parenthood like that is a good thing. Obama had no new wars either, that isn't a high bar. Also bear in mind it was Trump that wanted to disarm you, he wanted to do so with no due process either. You must be pretty young if you think that we were in the best position American has ever been. There is a reason so many of the Greatest gen-boomers look back to the 50s and 60s. That was our most prosperous time economically. Trump wasn't doing anything to bring that back. The only one trying to that was Bernie.
Oh man, I entirely forgot about his "Take their guns, ask questions later quote."

Did Trump Say 'We're Going to Take the Firearms First and Then Go to Court'?

"Trump: We’re going to take the firearms first and then go to court, because that’s another system. Because a lot of times by the time you go to court … it takes so long to go to court to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida; he had a lot of fires [and] they saw everything. To go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you’re saying but take the guns first, go through due process second."

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Pretty "pro-american" for Terrorists to raid the Capitol in an attempt to stop Congress from doing their Constitutionally-bound duties.

Jefferson might actually agree with you. Terrorists are usually armed and end up killing people. Who was shot yesterday? Who pulled the trigger? These protestors did not burn any businesses or loot any stores did they?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Jefferson might actually agree with you. Terrorists are usually armed and end up killing people. Who was shot yesterday? Who pulled the trigger? These protestors did not burn any businesses or loot any stores did they?

If they did, their coverage in the press would be more sympathetic. You know this when you consider the interests that the press speaks for.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....according to unnamed White House staff person:

The West Wing staffer told the friend that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone was urging White House officials not to speak to Trump or enable his coup attempt in any way, so they could reduce the chance they could be prosecuted for treason under the Sedition Act. “They’re being told to stay away from Trump,” the friend said.

“They’re Being Told to Stay Away From Trump”: After a Day of Violence and 25th Amendment Chatter, Trump’s Allies Are Jumping Ship

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
They lit the steps of the capitol on fire.
IMG_20210106_173913.png

They broke windows and attempted to raid the Senate chambers.
1609963688694.png

They stole objects from the Capitol, i.e. Looting:
looting.png

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jefferson might actually agree with you. Terrorists are usually armed and end up killing people. Who was shot yesterday?

Ashli Babbitt, a traitor who turned her back on her long service in the military and died a traitor involved in an insurrectionist mob.

Who pulled the trigger?

An as yet unnamed member of the capital police.

These protestors did not burn any businesses or loot any stores did they?

No, they assaulted the US capital and tried to stop congress from going about their constitutionally mandated duties.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A terrorist is "a person who uses unlawful violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

Ask the members of Congress if yesterday was an act of terrorism.

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The only one in your list that can even be construed as true is lowest unemployment. The economy was far from the best it has ever been.

Stock market highest ever under Trump. Which had direct impact on the value of our savings and retirement plans.

Trump ran the biggest deficit in history, and did nothing to make the government more efficient. Simply kicking people off of assistance doesn't help anything.

On the contrary: Trump Has Slashed Jobs At Nearly Every Federal Agency; Biden Promises a Reversal

Government assistance creates systemic poverty. Stopping the enabling nature is imperative to a successful generation. Private sector helps better by creating relationship with those in need, rather than handling them money without any relationship building.

You talk about defunding planned parenthood like that is a good thing.

It's a great thing.

Obama had no new wars either, that isn't a high bar.

Syria would like a word.

Also bear in mind it was Trump that wanted to disarm you, he wanted to do so with no due process either.

You are correct in the context of support for red flag laws. For that we made our voices heard and he recanted: Sources: Trump No Longer Backing "Red Flag" Law, Background Check Changes

You must be pretty young if you think that we were in the best position American has ever been. There is a reason so many of the Greatest gen-boomers look back to the 50s and 60s.

There were more poor people back in than in 2019. Trump's policies lifted people from poverty. Trump economist touts nation's low poverty rate

That was our most prosperous time economically. Trump wasn't doing anything to bring that back. The only one trying to that was Bernie.

How might communism make America any better than it is now?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Government assistance creates systemic poverty. Stopping the enabling nature is imperative to a successful generation. Private sector helps better by creating relationship with those in need, rather than handling them money without any relationship building.
Really happy when the private sector cut off my dying dad's healthcare because they wanted to save a buck.

Upvote 0

Green Sun

Jun 26, 2015
Somewhere
✟45,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That sounds terrible. Can you elaborate?
It's really, really simple. They decided to no longer pay the hospice bills that were supposed to be covered under his plan! I'd much rather have had the government helping to cover the costs, rather than us having to screw ourselves over just so dad could die in comfort. The private sector's goal is money and money alone, not my dad's comfort.

But yes, lets not derail this thread. Stick to the topic.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why? How could Trump be responsible for Antifa infiltrating a peaceful assembly by Trump supporters? Where did Trump ever order or ask anyone to do anything illegal?
Had this same discussion with someone else in another thread who claimed Trump did by this by "subliminal messages."

Antifa like this guy?
A West Virginia Republican lawmaker who livestreamed as he joined the large, violent insurrection of Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol in Washington, DC, on Wednesday said he was merely there as "an independent member of the media" and never confronted authorities.

Derrick Evans, a newly elected member of West Virginia's House of Delegates, was livestreaming on Facebook as he and other protesters muscled their way through the doors of one entrance carrying Trump flags and signs. The video shows the Republican lawmaker, clad in a helmet and military-style gear, cheering as those ahead of him rip back the door amid the attempted coup, in which one woman was shot and killed.

West Virginia Lawmaker Took Part In Violent Capitol Riot

I guess Derrick Evans was pretty stupid not to notice he was in the middle of a mob of Antifa at any point that day.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.