Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
it gets confusing sometimes, doesn't it?
4chsmu1.gif

that loneliness is a killer, mon.....it just seems too sacrificial

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

violinp

Mar 6, 2012
USA
✟15,250.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I would certainly be nervous about it. It would depend on the nature of the crime. If it were violent, I would be kind and loving, just as I should be to everyone, but I would be too nervous to let someone with a violent conviction near me. Just because I know how to use a knife doesn't mean I want to use it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ReeceWirefly

I have no idea what I am doing
Mar 15, 2012
Arizona
✟15,448.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why should I judge someone's past when I have one of my own? No, I am not a convicted felon, nor have I ever been detained by the police or questioned really.
However, my past is just as bad as anyone's.

As long as the felony is in the past, and the person is a changed man and a God-fearing man then I have no right to judge his past when God has already washed him clean. :)

Upvote 0

Socktastic

we have sinned in thought, word and deed
Jan 21, 2012
Somewhere.
✟18,831.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Given the paternal family and their fondness for felonies my answer is "yeah, sure, why not old thread". But it's a yes full of caution. I worked my butt off to get out of that world, to avoid being just another sucker who ignored what was going on, i'd have to be pretty certain that they'd either changed and were dedicated to avoiding the temptation of going back to certain things or be so ridiculously convinced i'd found the only person I could ever possibly imagine spending my life with on such an intimate basis that i'd be willing to take the risk.

It's not just them, it's the fact I know that it's a whole world and it can be so terribly connected. People can, and do , pressure others back into it, starting out with one little thing, then working its way up ... I can't make light of the situation. Not in my present mood. Convicted, those who got away with it, who continue to get away with it ... i've seen people backslide, i've seen them do the wrong thing for the right reasons, i've seen them so demoralised about their inability to find work that they see returning to certain things as the only plausible option.

When you're desperate to avoid being sucked back into the cycle it can be hard to drop such thoughts from your head. It really would have to be a case by case thing rather than a sweeping generalisation. Forgiveness, seeing them as the person they present and not their past, is one thing. Knowing that should your family get a whiff of it and the chain of events that would set off is another.

Upvote 0