May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have heard that Christians will be taken by Christ before the appearance of the Beast and his ilk, because they are supposed to deceive the entire world. Now, I don't know when, or even if, this is supposed to happen, and it's been years since I remember hearing it, so I might be getting it completely wrong.

Any thoughts?
What you are dscribing is called in eschatology, the Pre Trib Rapture/gathering

this is a fiction. A lie. A deception. Those taken first, are taken in deceit...in the flood of lies that comes from the dragon's (Satan's) mouth...they are supposed to be watchmen on their roofs, keeping look out...they are supposd to be in the field working when Christ comes...they are supposed to be patient, and wait....but instead, they are taken...

Satan, the supernatural fallen angel, currently bound in heaven, is IMO soon to be cast here physically (Rev12) and deceive the world, including Christians...infact, especially Christians. he even looks like the lamb. Rev13:11.

the church is here through out, many are apostate, some are elect. So either you believe the false Messiah's lies and are not protected, or you do not believe his lies and you instead are SEALED with truth

pre trib rapture doctrine is a traditional belief that comes from a misunderstanding, mainly of 1Thes4, and a few other weak, weak arguments.

if they would just go up to verse 13 and pick up the subjecet, the timing of this teachign is unmistakable...it is when Christ brings the dead with Him here to earth.....when the dead are raised to life here again.

and that certainly is not going to be before the antiChrist (Satan)...it'll definitely be after, just like ALL the scriptures of His Coming/Appearing teach.

Ezekiel 13...God is against those who teach His children to fly to save their souls.

Upvote 0

Ghost air

Aug 29, 2008
✟3,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ghost air - you mentioned that we shall meet Him in the air.

Ok, - absolutely right!

Now, have you considered this prophecy in Isaiah 31:5-8?

"As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem...For in that day every man shall cast away his idols....Then shall the Assyrian flee..."

bird = as in not landing on the earth
- Jerusalem will be defended, delivered
- in that day - idols get cast away

So now I add in <>
Isaiah 2:10
"Enter into the rock and hide...for the glory of his majesty.
v20
"In that day a man shall cast away his idols..."
v21
"To go into the clefts of the rock...for fear of the LORD...when he ariseth to shake terribly the earth.'

/6th seal - every mountain and island move
- and people go hide in the rocks

So is the time for the Assyian to flee from the face of the Lord taking place in that 6th seal?
Yes.

Iraq's beast king will flee in the 6th seal - to fight later when Jesus returns from heaven for the battle of Armageddon.

This is what I'm talking about when I suggest that a distinction must be made between the church of God, and the Israel of God...

You're attributing scriptures in ISAIAH to the church !

AND yet we know that the church was hidden in the OT, not even revealed until the church came into existence.

OF course the LORD will come and defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem... when HE comes FROM the wedding... WITH the armies following Him.

IMO, if you're not going to make a distinction between Israel and the church - and that's your choice - then it usually ends up with Israel and the church being confounded.

The rapture of the church really doesn't have anything to do with the nation of Israel... and 1 Thess 4 is clearly in reference to the church - ie, the dead in Christ being raised (that's a literal resurrection) and those who are alive will be caught up TOGETHER with these to meet the LORD in the AIR.

Consider that Christ is certainly coming FIRST to take a specific group of people INTO the wedding... as Matt 25 reveals. THEN consider that Rev 19 speaks of the marriage of the Lamb (and His wife is the church), and that it is IN HEAVEN... nothing to do with Earth or Jerusalem... except to add that I believe that the wedding take place in the Jerusalem which is ABOVE... ie, in heaven.

The ISAIAH scriptures would be applicable to Christ RETURNING from the WEDDING because that's when He will destroy the beast an the false prophet, and DELIVER ISRAEL.

So again, IMO - because you're mixng scriptures which pertain to ISRAEL with those concerning the CHURCH - it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Consider that Christ is certainly coming FIRST to take a specific group of people INTO the wedding... as Matt 25 reveals.
Mat 25 reveals no such thing. You are very highly mistaken on this point.

If you are referring to the ten virgins, this is simply a parable or a story intended to encourage His followers, including you and me, to conduct ourselves responsibly and faithfully hear and now like five wise virgins, and not irresponsibly and unfaithfully like five foolish ones.
THEN consider that Rev 19 speaks of the marriage of the Lamb (and His wife is the church), and that it is IN HEAVEN... nothing to do with Earth or Jerusalem... except to add that I believe that the wedding take place in the Jerusalem which is ABOVE... ie, in heaven.
Are you sure Rev 19 is speaking of the actual wedding, or is it a preparation for the wedding?

(Rev 19:7-9)
Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'"

The bride is 'dressed' and &#8220;ready&#8221; and many are &#8220;invited&#8221;, but there is no mention of an actual wedding taking place here.

This sounds more like preparation to me; she&#8217;s 'dressed' and &#8220;ready&#8221; and guests are &#8220;invited&#8221;, but she is not yet married.

This same prepared bride we later see, in Rev.21, &#8220;coming down&#8221; out of &#8220;Heaven&#8221;.

(Rev 21:2)
I saw the HolyCity, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

This verse speaks of her being &#8220;dressed&#8221; and &#8220;prepared&#8221;, but not married.

Notice that this prepared bride is also &#8220;coming down&#8221;.

Coming down where?

I&#8217;m thinking she is &#8220;coming down&#8221; to earth for the actual wedding.

And in Rev 21:3, the following verse:

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them (Live as a couple). They will be his people (Wife), and God himself will be with them and be their God (Husband).

Sounds to me like a husband and a wife "now" "dwelling" together after a wedding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ghost air

Aug 29, 2008
✟3,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 25 reveals no such thing. You are very highly mistaken on this point.

Is there a possibility that you are mistaken Dove ?

I know that I could be mistaken, for I simply share things which I see in the scriptures...

So again, how about you...? Is it possible that you're mistaken... or are you like many around these forums who can't fathom that possibility ?

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Does it really and truly matter if we know exactly when the rapture is (post or pre)?

Will God leave His faithful elect to suffer and die in a tribulation just because we don’t know exactly when the rapture is?

I hope no one thinks this.

I think this. 'Would be interesting if you could tell that to the Roman Christians who were being eaten by lions or burnt to death.. that they will escape the tribulation. They didn't and we wont neither..

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is there a possibility that you are mistaken Dove ?

I know that I could be mistaken, for I simply share things which I see in the scriptures...

So again, how about you...? Is it possible that you're mistaken... or are you like many around these forums who can't fathom that possibility ?
(Rom 3:4)
Let God be true, and every man a liar.

Including me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think this.'Would be interesting if you could tell that to the Roman Christians who were being eaten by lions or burnt to death.. that they will escape the tribulation. They didn't and we wont neither..
I think you misunderstood my intent.

I do believe that many Christians suffered and will suffer and die in the tribulation, but it's not because they misunderstood the rapture.

That's all I meant.

But I will also add that many of us will be long dead and buried before the tribulation comes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.