Would you allow a 3yr. old watch Family Guy, The Simpsons or King of the Hill?

fuzzymel

Contributor
Sep 25, 2006
Not a clue
✟15,527.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What on earth is she doing allowing her child to watch them? Family Guy especially.

Has she actually watched Family Guy before? Its an adult cartoon thats for sure. Its probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen but a child should in no way be watching it.

The best cartoons are adult cartoons. I do wish people would realise that just because something is a cartoon does not mean its made for children.

Better yet it would be good if they watched the shows to find out the suitability before allowing their child to watch it.

I don't know what time Family Guy is shown in America but over here its always after the 9pm watershed. Even then its edited. The DVDs are best to get the full experience.

Upvote 0

Mickeyk72

Legend
Aug 24, 2007
Indiana
✟26,834.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
King of the Hill and Family Guy - Even I don't watch so no way would my 4 year old.

Now Simpsons - yes - he's seen it WITH HIS DAD watching with him. He used to be "entranced" by it. Now that he watches other cartoons (age appropriate) he is not as interested in Simpsons. I don't think it's been on here in months. He'd rather watch Dora, Diego, Spider Patch or Backyardigans. He also likes the Dreamworks and Disney animated movies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgonz

What G-d calls you to do, He equips you to do.
Feb 11, 2005
El Paso, TX
✟20,780.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't even like my teens/college aged kids watching those shows. I think they're crude and disgusting. However, except for Family Guy, DH doesn't think they're that bad, so he lets them watch them (in a different room, with no small children around).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Surrender2Win

Look to the LORD and His strength...
Mar 20, 2005
✟0.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A friend was telling me that her 3yr. old dd like those cartoons, especially Family Guy. I am not sure how often she watches them but there are some cartoons that are not meant for young children.

I don't even allow my nine year old to watch those shows...much less a three year old.

Upvote 0
I don't even like my teens/college aged kids watching those shows. I think they're crude and disgusting. However, except for Family Guy, DH doesn't think they're that bad, so he lets them watch them (in a different room, with no small children around).

I am with you!

I don't think they are kids' shows and I actually don't think they are good for adults to watch either! I prefer to try and keep more "positive" input happening!

Funny, yes. Edifying, no!

Upvote 0