Would the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple stabilize the climate???

Do you believe that God can and will give rain if Jews allowed to observe Tabernacles

• Yes, this is a small miracle for the God of Abraham.

• No, age of miracles is over or such miracles are a silly myth.

• No this would cause WWIII, we'd all die and no rain needed anymore!

• This prophecy cannot be fulfilled until AFTER Zechariah 14:1 occurs!

• I am open to the possibility that this miracle could occur!

Results are only viewable after voting.

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I watched a rather depressing update last week on the Jordanian branch of the
Permaculture Project that showed how the experiment was abandoned
soon after the funding stopped...........
Could you list the site with the info? It may have been abandoned, only to be picked up somewhere else. It's not truly abandoned either unless they deliberately didn't cover enough area to sustain itself. Geoff mentions this possibility in the first video, and goes into more depth in other videos of him at home. A properly set up site can last indefinitely if set up correctly, without any help from man. That's why its called "permaculture".

Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, I can't say it would be, having not heard or seen any evidence to the contrary. Project developer Geoff Lawton lives in Australia, and is still traveling back and forth to Jordan from last I heard.

Yes... it sure seems like more funding is being invested in a renewed Jordanian version of the Permaculture Project.

But it did go downhill for a time after the initial three year test project ended.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Could you list the site with the info? It may have been abandoned, only to be picked up somewhere else. It's not truly abandoned either unless they deliberately didn't cover enough area to sustain itself. Geoff mentions this possibility in the first video, and goes into more depth in other videos of him at home. A properly set up site can last indefinitely if set up correctly, without any help from man. That's why its called "permaculture".

In the film that you gave the link to......
it had scenes where after the three years ended.....
the Jordanians even flattened some of the swales that had been put there in the original project.....
but yes... it does seem like the word has gotten out... and now Jordanians want to revitalize and expand
Permaculture.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DennisTate said:
Isaiah 45:4,5 must be talking about a mere human.... .and could not be about Messiah Yeshua - Jesus?!

"For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.
I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:" .... surely this is referring to a mere human.... and cannot be only about Messiah Yeshua - Jesus?!

That does speak of this man, who hadn't known of Yahweh, called forth by name to subdue the enemies, but isn't it seen this applies to Cyrus, from the Medo-Persian Empire? And when there is the temple built, there may be another man that is intended to lead as a prince, but I see Christ will return, and reign, fulfilling this role with it.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That does speak of this man, who hadn't known of Yahweh, called forth by name to subdue the enemies, but isn't it seen this applies to Cyrus, from the Medo-Persian Empire? And when there is the temple built, there may be another man that is intended to lead as a prince, but I see Christ will return, and reign, fulfilling this role with it.

I have also been wondering how exactly was ancient King Cyrus symbolic of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus????

Messiah Yeshua certainly was understanding, kind, polite and loving when he met former Atheist Howard Storm during his near death experience.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I have also been wondering how exactly was ancient King Cyrus symbolic of Messiah Yeshua - Jesus????

Cyrus wasn't called the Messiah because he symbolized Jesus, he was called Messiah because he redeemed Israel from the Babylonian captivity.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Cyrus wasn't called the Messiah because he symbolized Jesus, he was called Messiah because he redeemed Israel from the Babylonian captivity.

But the wording in Isaiah 45 sure seems to go much deeper than just that one role.

And that message from Eporu Ronald Alfred could inspire modern Christians interested in
politics to become more like both Messiah Yeshua as well as ancient King Cyrus.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we are to be more like King Cyrus, how are we to do that? Of course we are to answer God's call. Almost any major figure in the Bible can be a type for that. But Christ gives us clear example of what to be like.

The rebuilding of the temple is to be fulfillment of prophecy, but it isn't from God calling for it now. It is late for that now. The temple Ezekiel spoke of should have been built after the return from Babylon, but it wasn't observed. It will be built when Christ returns. The people of Israel will come to start animal sacrifices again, but Christ will put a stop to that.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If we are to be more like King Cyrus, how are we to do that? Of course we are to answer God's call. Almost any major figure in the Bible can be a type for that. But Christ gives us clear example of what to be like.

The rebuilding of the temple is to be fulfillment of prophecy, but it isn't from God calling for it now. It is late for that now. The temple Ezekiel spoke of should have been built after the return from Babylon, but it wasn't observed. It will be built when Christ returns. The people of Israel will come to start animal sacrifices again, but Christ will put a stop to that.

Thank you for posting into this discussion FredVB.

Would you say that I am somewhat onto something to think that
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus did an Academy Award winning job of playing the
role of the Ultimate Cyrus type in his meeting with former Atheist Howard Storm
during Howards brush with death?

Howard Storm~Former Atheist Testimony of Hell and the Grace of God

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Very true.......
but I am a Christian who believes that the role of King Cyrus is symbolic of the role of
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus who to me, seems to be keeping his promise to judge us after we die?!

I personally associate Messiah Yeshua -Jesus with the being of light who reviews the lives of people who have a brush with death but are revived.

Many Christians will disagree..... .and I don't blame them because I was fully five years
trying to figure out if the being of light was Messiah Yeshua - Jesus...... .or Satan appearing as an
angel of light?????

The being of light of NDE fame, G-d or Satan?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
None of the above?

If the Temple were rebuilt it would be about as theologically and eschatologically relevant [for Christianity] as building a new gas station along I-5.

-CryptoLutheran

A Christian supporting the building of another place of sacrifice borders on the sacrilegious, frankly. It fails to appreciate the singular work of Christ.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A Christian supporting the building of another place of sacrifice borders on the sacrilegious, frankly. It fails to appreciate the singular work of Christ.

Then this sets me up to play out an interesting role for the Jewish people over the coming years and decades....(G-d willing)...... because that is exactly what I am doing...... but my belief is that Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus has more than one Covenant in operation... .He is working out a Adamic Covenant... a Noahic Covenant...... an Enochian Covenant..... a Davidic Covenant.... a Mosaic Covenant... an Abrahamic Covenant...... a Cyrus Covenant...... a Levitical Covenant...... and on and on and on and on....,... and He is a Brilliant Moshiach who can handle complexity that his less than well informed Bride.... the church...... is unable to fully comprehend at this time.........

Frankly... the Jewish people are every bit as much a Bride of Messiah.... as the church is....... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus has a harem....... .I have no problem with that whatsoever.......

• Haha
Reactions: FredVB
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
DennisTate said:
Would you say that I am somewhat onto something to think that
Messiah Yeshua - Jesus did an Academy Award winning job of playing the
role of the Ultimate Cyrus type in his meeting with former Atheist Howard Storm
during Howards brush with death?

I have heard different things about what happens in the near death experiences that we hear accounts of, I will reserve judgment of those. Sorry if that response is not good enough for you. The Bible has still the abundant evidences, and I still trust the things shown from it.

Cyrus was important in the history of Israel with how Yahweh used him. Yet there isn't an account of him or mention of him in the new testament. We know there are types, for showing something of Christ ahead of when he came, as prophecy that was to be fulfilled, the important thing is that Jesus Christ is shown with what we should know of him in the new testament, especially in the gospel accounts.

Upvote 0

Jadis40

Sep 19, 2004
Indiana, USA
✟47,145.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Agreed 100%. The daily sacrifices were a shadow of the reality. Why go back to the shadow when what Jesus did on the cross. It makes no sense. This is why I think a 3rd temple will never be built. There's no need for it.

Upvote 0

JustHereToTalk

Feb 20, 2016
US
✟24,020.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Frankly... the Jewish people are every bit as much a Bride of Messiah.... as the church is....... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus has a harem....... .I have no problem with that whatsoever.......

Which passage of Scripture leads you to this conclusion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Agreed 100%. The daily sacrifices were a shadow of the reality. Why go back to the shadow when what Jesus did on the cross. It makes no sense. This is why I think a 3rd temple will never be built. There's no need for it.

At the very least it wouldn't mean anything in Christianity aside from those on the fringe whose orthodoxy is... questionable at best.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
At the very least it wouldn't mean anything in Christianity aside from those on the fringe whose orthodoxy is... questionable at best.

-CryptoLutheran

But it could sure be useful in semi- reality science fiction films
centered on an Armageddon theme?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jadis40 said:
The daily sacrifices were a shadow of the reality. Why go back to the shadow when what Jesus did on the cross. It makes no sense. This is why I think a 3rd temple will never be built. There's no need for it.

There is no good basis to go back to sacrifice animals in light of Jesus accomplishing what was needed for us on the cross, in fact, with that, no animal ever has to die for us, and we would be better off without animals dying for us. But under Israel, apart from being in Christ, another temple would be built and sacrificing animals would start again. Yet when Jesus is here again and reigning, from Jerusalem, the sacrifices will be stopped, and under his reign, animals dying for us will be stopped, and we won't have animals dying for us. But we could learn we don't need such now, with really desiring God's will here in our world as it is in God's Heaven.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is no good basis to go back to sacrifice animals in light of Jesus accomplishing what was needed for us on the cross, in fact, with that, no animal ever has to die for us, and we would be better off without animals dying for us. But under Israel, apart from being in Christ, another temple would be built and sacrificing animals would start again. Yet when Jesus is here again and reigning, from Jerusalem, the sacrifices will be stopped, and under his reign, animals dying for us will be stopped, and we won't have animals dying for us. But we could learn we don't need such now, with really desiring God's will here in our world as it is in God's Heaven.

How could Messiah Yeshua - Jesus stop the sacrifices in the rebuilt Jerusalsem Third Temple after saying.......

Luke 24:25

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:"

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status