Would prayer for cancer be for healing or for recreative miracle?

splat

Jan 16, 2012
✟8,083.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hi all,

Just thinking further about the healing vs recreative miracle conundrum and as some say that recreative miracles are not covered under Jesus finished work at the atonement (see this thread: www . christianforums.com/t7625499/ )
(Remove spaces from url. This forum wouldn't allow me to post the url for some reason.)

Now we know that cancers may attack internal organs by destroying the cells that make up those organs and that each organ has cells specific to it. Now here is the question. What percentage of cells must remain, hypothetically, for it to be considered a healing, rather than a recreative miracle? At what point, in the progress of the cancer, is it no longer considered to be under "by His stripes we were healed" ??

Would be greatly interested to the answer to this.

Blessings
Splat.

gennaoanothen

Jesus-my-Lord
Nov 23, 2008
Maryland
Visit site
✟10,083.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Just thinking further about the healing vs recreative miracle conundrum and as some say that recreative miracles are not covered under Jesus finished work at the atonement (see this thread: www . christianforums.com/t7625499/ )
(Remove spaces from url. This forum wouldn't allow me to post the url for some reason.)

Now we know that cancers may attack internal organs by destroying the cells that make up those organs and that each organ has cells specific to it. Now here is the question. What percentage of cells must remain, hypothetically, for it to be considered a healing, rather than a recreative miracle? At what point, in the progress of the cancer, is it no longer considered to be under "by His stripes we were healed" ??

Would be greatly interested to the answer to this.

Blessings
Splat.
I wouldn't limit healing to 1 Peter 2:24 alone, see James 5:14 etc etc

Upvote 0

sedg

Jul 4, 2006
Tyler,Tx
Visit site
✟8,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Hi - I tryed to post a link to a great healing testimony video that gets into what your taking about. He was healed of a huge tumor on his chest. While at the Andrew Wommack Ministry website they also have alot of (free) healing teachings.

google search: Mike Hoesch - Healing Testimony

It's amazing! and should also help answer your question.

Upvote 0

splat

Jan 16, 2012
✟8,083.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Hi - I tryed to post a link to a great healing testimony video that gets into what your taking about. He was healed of a huge tumor on his chest. While at the Andrew Wommack Ministry website they also have alot of (free) healing teachings.

google search: Mike Hoesch - Healing Testimony

It's amazing! and should also help answer your question.

I'm afraid you've lost me. I did google this and saw the photos of his cancer but I'm not sure I would put it in the class of a recreative miracle.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
i think that by definition a recreative miracle would be to restore something that was lost or completely gone or had stopped functioning. but i can also see a definite place for an overlap in the two functions of healing and recreative (restorative) miracles, and they were both done by Jesus in his ministry here on earth.

the case for that would be found in some of the different methods used by Jesus to restore sight to the blind. Matthew 9:27, Matthew 12:22, Matthew 20:30, John 9:1, Mark 8:22, etc.

so although the methods were different according to what was needed, it was still Jesus who did them all.:amen:

Upvote 0