It's a Dead Man's party
Sep 9, 2004
Alaska
✟9,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
escapism is not a good thing, like drugs, alcohol, withdrawl, it's all just there to 'get away' from your problems, or to 'get rid of the pain'. And when you go back, it's all still there.

Like Anti existance's quote, what will help you more, a bridge over lava, or a blindfold as you walk over it?

As for god being angry? It's already been said that god will not hate you or be angry at you for a deed done, he's not human, he doesn't think like us. I know it might seem hard, but try not to apply human faults and though processes to something no one can understand.

Upvote 0

goldenviolet

Holy is the Lord God Almighty
Nov 28, 2004
Salem, Oregon
Visit site
✟62,074.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Arianna said:
I was just wondering if cutting yourself is considered sinful?
I have never really thought of it as being wrong........
It doesn't hurt anyone...

but would God be angry at me for this?

It seems that the more questions I ask the more I seem to find out that eveything I do is wrong.

Love,
Arianna
xxx

:wave: :hug:you already have enough posts to think about, i didn't read them all, but i thought you'd like to know we have a SI (self harm) forum. :kiss: you come read around and if you ever need to talk, just pm one of us. :hug:
icon12.gif

http://www1.christianforums.com/f478-self-injury-support.html

Upvote 0

ConfusedChristianGirl77

Feb 11, 2006
Texas
✟582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Any type of self-inflicted injury is sinful. Our bodies are temples for God to dwell in and are meant to be cherished. Any pain you inflict on yourself, your inflicting on God also. Please cherish your life and body, and use God as a support system. He is there for you and always will be, all you have to do is call upon him. Ask him to be forgiven and to give you the strength to help you quit. Just remember: God is merciful and forgives anyone for anything, if only you truely want his help and you open your heart to him. If you need any additional support, PM me anytime.

Love
*Your Sister In Christ*
Rachel

Upvote 0
N

Nancy_Bella777

Arianna said:

It seems that the more questions I ask the more I seem to find out that eveything I do is wrong.

Love,
Arianna
xxx
What isn't wrong about what anyone does unless it's Him???I've struggled with this for years...It is a sin...How would you like it if your son or daughter did this...The Bible says that we are the temple of God...You're cutting Gods temple...It's a stronghold that the devil has on you...Pray for the Lord to take it away to break every stronghold of the devil and fight with all your soul the urge to do it when you get angry scream hit something anything is better than cutting yourself eventually it'll go away...Just get out of the habit for now...

Upvote 0

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to know that God loves you. He loves you for who you are and not for anything you have done or could possibly do.

In fact, there is NO WAY that you could ever get God to love you more than He does right now.

It is possibly the case that you have some difficulty experienceing that love, personally, at the moment.

As regards cutting yourself and sin - anything that is not in the will of God is sin. So, not loving God is sin and cutting yourself is also sin (God doesn't want you to do it), BUT the important point to realise is that God does not get angry with you, nor does He condemn you - He STILL loves you. The issue is that sin brings guilt and God wants you to be released from guilt. There is only one answer to this, and that is to turn to God (as your Father), tell Him how you feel and that you are sorry for taking the action that you have taken and ask for His forgiveness.... The Bible tells us, and I also know from personal experience, that He will forgive you and restore....

But if there is one thing ALWAYS to remember, then it's that God loves you more than you know - you cannot get Him to stop loving you (not even if you sin) and you cannot get Him to love you more than He already does.

Live in that love.... and I trust you will find it and know it...

Many blessings,
Martin

Upvote 0

Saysimba

Feb 18, 2006
✟15,167.00
Faith
Christian
Arianna said:

Love,
Arianna
xxx

I would ask you not to do this, Arianna. Do it no longer. Pray, and pray, and seek his guidance. It is not a matter of whether he will be angry. Talk to him, and often, and all will be clear. There are people who love you. Live so that one day, you may in turn be there for them.

Simba

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The temple was intended to be the dwelling place of God, not revered for itself. Originally the dwelling place for the power and presence of God was a transient tent. God is much more concerned with what goes on inside a person, than their appearance.
But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you?

Luke 12:28

Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent? But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here.

But if you had known what this means, "I desire compassion, and not a sacrifice," you would not have condemned the innocent.

Matthew 12:5
TEMPLE
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Strong's Number: 01004[/FONT]tybtyb [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]probably from (01129) abbreviated[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]Bayith[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva]bah'-yith[/FONT]
  1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] house [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] house, dwelling habitation [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] shelter or abode of animals [/FONT]
    3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] human bodies (fig.) [/FONT]
    4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] of Sheol [/FONT]
    5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] of abode of light and darkness [/FONT]
    6. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] of land of Ephraim [/FONT]
  2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] place [/FONT]
  3. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] receptacle [/FONT]
  4. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] home, house as containing a family [/FONT]
  5. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] household, family [/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] those belonging to the same household [/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] family of descendants, descendants as organized body [/FONT]
  6. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] household affairs [/FONT]
  7. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] inwards (metaph.) [/FONT]
  8. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] temple adv [/FONT]
  9. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] on the inside prep [/FONT]
  10. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva] within [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva](Thanks to StudyLight.org)

Yes, I agree that the Bible says we should treat our bodies as the temple of God, but there is more going on here than gluttony.

[/FONT]​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.