Would a non Christian have the desire to follow God?

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes I think that is possible based on the fact that they are created in the image of God and can also be led by the Holy Spirit. We also can see this sort of thing even in the Bible when it comes to certain gentiles like: King Cyrus, the Magi, and the 2 Roman Centurions that attended the Jewish synagogues mentioned in the Gospels of Matthew and Luke, and the book of Acts.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟126,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I they have a desire, they have interest ....even if it's just curiosity....From that point it depends how well the presentation is and how receptive that person is.
With most people there is that yearning to be complete ...to fill that emptiness...

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟949,074.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would someone who isn't saved find joy in going to church, hearing the preacher, and also have a deep desire to serve God? A friend of mine was wanting me to ask here. Thanks!
Welcome to CF! Curious why they think they are not saved. Afterall, serving God is the goal for a true Christian. There are plenty of people who claim to be Christian and do not serve Him at all.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,424,401.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would someone who isn't saved find joy in going to church, hearing the preacher, and also have a deep desire to serve God? A friend of mine was wanting me to ask here. Thanks!
Our churches are full of them every time the doors open.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟814,555.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Believe they can be drawn to the spiritual atmosphere. Before we become believers, God draws us according to John 6:44. Seems to be a process.

However, they can get sidestepped such as some people look at creation and that becomes their god instead of the Creator (Rom 1:20).

Plus
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (I Cor 2:14)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟297,145.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are Atheists and non Christians who are deeply sympathetic to Christians and Christianity. Even if they cannot bring themselves to believe there is a desire in them to want to believe, as they agree with the morality and code of our ethics/way of life. They just haven't been able to make that C.S Lewis like jump into Christianity.

I would encourage anyone who feels this way to go a Church, to read theology and philosophy.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟126,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I have even met unbelievers who attend, read, and pray consistently hoping that they would arrive at an understanding of the gospel that would lead them to salvation. They say that the religion is beautiful, but it is hard for them to be convinced that it is true.

Matter of fact, you will have many people in every religion who love to hear their religion's sacred text, attend their religion's regular gatherings, and doing acts of religious services without being fully committed to the religion itself. It is not common only to Christians.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

HAHA praise GOD sure.. that desire or what ever one wishes to all it comes from Him. Its will they answer that call so to speak.

Upvote 0