Worst Mass Shooting in US History... 50 dead, 53 injured so far...

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Woke up, turned on the news, and saw this

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/shooting-orlando-club/85785254/

what I find almost as bad as the incident are the proclamations and speculations of the 24-hr news cycle. No one knows nothing yet are on TV proclaiming opinions as if they were absolute facts.

I imagine as time progresses we will learn more... It would be nice if there were responsible journalism but I fear as a nation we've forgotten what that is.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2016/06/12/shooting-orlando-club/85785254/

what I find almost as bad as the incident are the proclamations and speculations of the 24-hr news cycle. No one knows nothing yet are on TV proclaiming opinions as if they were absolute facts.

I imagine as time progresses we will learn more... It would be nice if there were responsible journalism but I fear as a nation we've forgotten what that is.

You're right about the 24 hr news cycle, no one has time to learn the facts and present actual news analysis, now it's about outraged headlines and conjecture presented as fact. :sigh:
tulc(praying for the families and friends of the victims) :prayer:

Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
happened 5 miles from my apartment. Drove by the club on the way to church this morning. Couldn't get near it. Was rerouted quite a ways from it. Church excused members who had type O blood from service to go donate

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
happened 5 miles from my apartment. Drove by the club on the way to church this morning. Couldn't get near it. Was rerouted quite a ways from it. Church excused members who had type O blood from service to go donate

Stay safe bro! :sigh:
tulc(praying!) :(

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What the liberal news media is saying is:
"A homophobic gun walked into a gay bar and committed a hate crime."

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prayers offered in the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ for the victims and their families. Also for the great people of the state of Florida.

Let us not let evil rule over us. Let us partake of the Love and Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ to shine His Light on the evil murderous acts committed.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow - the wrangling for control of the narrative is now almost contemporaneous with the event itself. Did the mass shooting happen because Muslims are inherently violent, or did it happen because Homophobes are inherently violent?

Leave the gun argument out of it. After Adam Lanza murdered 20 elementary school children 4 years ago and the US did nothing about gun control, it's clear that there is nothing that will inspire gun control in this country.

Upvote 0

Bethany35

Liberal Christian, Jesus loves all
Oct 4, 2015
London
✟19,055.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
from what I understand Omar Matif , the gun man in Orlando, was already being known about by FBI and had mental health problems. This was not a terror attack, it was a random nut job. And how, if FBI was watching him, did he get a semi automatic?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

what I find almost as bad as the incident are the proclamations and speculations of the 24-hr news cycle. No one knows nothing yet are on TV proclaiming opinions as if they were absolute facts. I imagine as time progresses we will learn more... It would be nice if there were responsible journalism but I fear as a nation we've forgotten what that is.

There is responsible response-ism and you were doing well by noting that the early news and responses are of poor quality. Then you let your "fears of the nation" go a little too far.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's so, so tragic. I am crying over here reading the article on the texts a son sent to him mom while hiding in the bathroom before the shooter went in there with them.

It is great to note how the texts of one person helped you humanize the situation.
Now consider the other 49 who may or may not have had time to reflect on the
events. Pray that God helps us see farther into the lives of all our neighbors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There is responsible response-ism and you were doing well by noting that the early news and responses are of poor quality. Then you let your "fears of the nation" go a little too far.

I was expressing my opinion, and it is my opinion and my fear that collectively, we have forgotten what responsible journalism looks like. If for nothing more than the simple fact that we haven't had responsible journalism since the advent of the 24-hr news cycle back in the late 80s early 90s. As I type this, I'm watching the news and each News Organization is spinning it to their respective narratives.

Fox News is slamming Obama for not declaring a war on "radical Islam" whatever the heck that is. Obama calling this an "Act of Terror" is not enough for Fox News and they are adamantly calling Obama weak because he won't "tell the truth" despite the fact that this barely happened less than a day ago and no real investigations have happened yet.

Just because this guy pledge allegiance to ISIS doesn't mean anything. The real question is "how much contact did this guy have with ISIS?" If he called ISIS once a month that is one thing, if there is no record of him ever contacting ISIS that is quite another. It is not unheard of for nutballs to try to legitimize themselves at the 11th hour grasping at whatever straws they can. However, the 24-hr news cycle can't be bothered with those pesky things called facts. He called 9-1-1 and declared loyalty to ISIS and apparently that is all he needs to do to be a card carrying member of ISIS as far as Fox News is concerned.

In any event, it may turn out he was a member of ISIS or it may turn out that he was just a nutball or maybe he was part of a completely different group or maybe it is just him and one or two friends whom chickened out at the last minute. It would be nice if we had responsible journalism to investigate the various possibilities...

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So 1 guy with a gun shot more than 50 people dead? :scratch:

It seems this is another disaster that smells like rotten fish.

The list of possible false flags keeps growing...

Not quite sure what you are implying? Do you not believe that a person with a gun can kill 50 people?.

I can assure you, if you give me an AR-15 and point me in the direction of a large group of people in a confined space like a night club, I can easily kill 50 people. A bullet from an assault rifle is deadly, it strikes you at really high velocity so when it hits you, the bullet fragments and tumbles inside of you. Any wound to the abdomen has a high probability of being fatal. Similarly, wounds to the leg have a good chance of becoming bleeders in which you end up bleeding to death if not treated immediately.

again, not quite sure what you are trying to say :scratch:

Upvote 0

BryanMaloney

ordinary sinner
Apr 20, 2016
Indianapolis, IN
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm still waiting for the pseudoChristian loons to try to figure out of the murderer was a good guy because he killed teh gayz or if he's a bad guy because he was a mooozlim.

Upvote 0