Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I'm having a difficult time finding scriptures related to the One World Government, One World Religion, and One World Currency.

Anyone want to help me out and post them for me? I want them ready for when I'm ready to place them into the study I'm conducting.

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I'm having a difficult time finding scriptures related to the One World Government, One World Religion, and One World Currency.

Anyone want to help me out and post them for me? I want them ready for when I'm ready to place them into the study I'm conducting.

Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Rev_13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Sounds about as dictatorial as it can get..

How about this..

2Th_2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The actual "World government" is mentioned here.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

1. There won't be a One World Government. There will be a world wide peace but each government will retain its identity.
2. There won't be a One World Religion. With the worldwide peace, each religion will be left to their own devices. After the antichrist's resurrection, half way through the Tribulation, then the world will honor the antichrist as God.
3. There won't be a One World Currency because currency will be eliminated. Whoever doesn't have the "Mark of the Beast" won't be able to buy or sell (a computer chip in people's hands or forehead?).

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
3. There won't be a One World Currency because currency will be eliminated. Whoever doesn't have the "Mark of the Beast" won't be able to buy or sell (a computer chip in people's hands or forehead?).

What to stop my un-marked neighbor and un-marked self from bartering with one another in this scenario? even to the point of an un-marked group of of people creating our own form of currency that we each honor?

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Erp... This is referring to God Parousia..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rev 13:14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rev 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Rev_13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

Rev 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Sounds about as dictatorial as it can get..

How about this..

2Th_2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Rev 17:12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

Rev 17:13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

There are two problems in the common translation of a key statement about “the beast.” Most translations render the last part of Revelation 13:7 to read that he was given “authority over every tribe, tongue, and nation.” If this were the only possible translation of this sentence, there could be no question as to its meaning. But the Greek word translated authority here (and in verses 2, 4, 5, and 12) is exousia. (word number 1849 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) This word is often used of official authority, but that is not its only meaning. It also means power, as in the ability to control. For this use of exousia see Romans 9:21 and 1 Corinthians 7:37.

We note this to understand that this word does not necessarily mean the Beast’s power will be official.

But that is not the only problem in the translation of Revelation 13:7. The Greek word translated “every” in this passage is pas. (word number 3956 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) This Greek word literally means all. But like our English word all, it does not necessarily mean absolutely all. Pas is the Greek word used in Matthew 27:1, where we read that “all the chief priests and elders of the people plotted against Jesus to put Him to death.” But Luke 23:50-51 says that Joseph of Arimathea was a member of the council and “had not consented to their decision and deed.” Also, Nicodemus opposed the council in John 7:50-51 and came with Joseph to bury Jesus in John 19:39. In English, we add the word absolutely to the word all to make it absolute. In Greek, this was done by adding a syllable to pas, making it hapas. (word number 537 in Strong’s Greek Dictionary) This is the word used in Luke 17:27, where we read that “Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.” If the Holy Spirit had meant that “the beast” would be given authority over absolutely all tribes, tongues, and nations, it would seem that He would have used the word hapas. But He said pas, not hapas.

Thus we understand that the Greek words used in this scripture do not necessarily mean that “the beast” will become the ruler of the entire world. That is a possible interpretation of this passage, if it is taken by itself. But other scriptures show that this is an error. In this regard the first thing we need to notice is that in every other reference to this power, it is presented only as a revival of the ancient ·Roman empire.

The next thing we need to notice is that other kings will continue to exist throughout the time of this evil ruler’s reign. We see this in Revelation 16. While “the beast” is gathering his last great army, we read of “the kings of the East” in verse 12 and “the kings of the earth and of the whole world.” in verse 14. These references are only general, but scripture specifically speaks of two great powers that will continue to exist during that time.

The first of these is “the Assyrian.” Isaiah 10:12 says that this evil invader will be punished “when the Lord has performed all His work on mount Zion and on Jerusalem.” Verse 20 of the same chapter says “And it shall come to pass in that day That the remnant of Israel, And such as have escaped of the house of ·Jacob, Will never again depend on him who defeated them, But will depend on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.” It should be clear to even the most casual student of prophecy that the Lord’s “work on mount Zion and on Jerusalem” will not be completed until He returns in power, nor will Israel learn to “depend on the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, in truth” until that time.

The second of these powers is Gog. Ezekiel 39:7 says that after Gog is destroyed the Lord “will not let them profane” His holy name “anymore.”Again, Ezekiel 39:22 says that “the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day forward”
Neither of these could possibly apply until after the time when they allow “the man of sin” to sit “as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” (2 Thessalonians 2:3-4)

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

1. There won't be a One World Government. There will be a world wide peace but each government will retain its identity.

Technically doesn't Shocker's quote above override that? All the governments could still have their own government, but the AC could still call the final shots. Almost like how each of our 50 states have their own governments, but the President can still override somethings.

2. There won't be a One World Religion. With the worldwide peace, each religion will be left to their own devices. After the antichrist's resurrection, half way through the Tribulation, then the world will honor the antichrist as God.

This I believe

In a way this is a form of currency, it's a non-paper currency. The currency is digital and not physical.

Thanks for the help yall. I wanted to make sure I was finding and reading what I was finding correct.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Echolipse - While the antichrist is still a "man", each government will be their own. When the antichrist dies and rises from the dead - just like Jesus Christ did, then he will proclaim himself to be God. Then the nations will bow to his will - until the "Day of the Lord" when God puts it into the heads of a few leaders - Russia(?), China(?)etc., to break those peace treaties.
So, logically, if a few nations decide to break those treaties, then they still have SOME autonomy. In other words, there won't really be a One World Government until Jesus Christ establishes one when He returns to begin the Millennium, with the world's capital in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

Notrash

May 5, 2007
In my body
✟10,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Isaiah 9:7

"and of the Increase of His Government and of His peace there shall be no end"

How often have we been told that the phrase "and the govt shall be upon his shoulder" helps confirm that Christ is the child because the romans oppressed him. Thats not THAT true. He was crucified and oppressed partly through the jews influencing the Roman officials. Pilate said; I find nothing wrong with this man worthy of death.

Thus the Phrase; the Govt shall be upon his shoulder would refer to the Idea that he bore the full weight of establishing the Good kingdom and new ordinances of the maker of life. Of its increase their shall be no end.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ummm....I've always understood that that is the scripture proving God's eternal reign....
No. The passage is speaking of Christ reigning. When He began his ministry He said, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Of course that is Christ's kingdom.

Think about the "Parable of the Mustard Seed", it's speaking of the growth of Christ kingdom which starts with Him commissioning the apostle to preach the gospel.

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ummm....I've always understood that that is the scripture proving God's eternal reign....

Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

No. The passage is speaking of Christ reigning. When He began his ministry He said, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand". Of course that is Christ's kingdom.

Think about the "Parable of the Mustard Seed", it's speaking of the growth of Christ kingdom which starts with Him commissioning the apostle to preach the gospel.

Jesus Christ is God.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Jesus Christ is God.

Who doesn't understand that?

What also has to be understood is THE GODHEAD...the full picture of who God is!!!

Jesus commanded the disciples before He ascended at Matthew 28:19:
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Or...let's take Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead in John 11:41, 42:
41 So they removed the stone. Then Jesus raised His eyes, and said, “Father, I thank You that You have heard Me.
42 I knew that You always hear Me; but because of the people standing around I said it, so that they may believe that You sent Me

Or let's look at Jesus telling the disciples He's about to leave in John 14:16, 17:
16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
17 that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

Work with that! The Father is NOT the SON, nor is the Son the Father, nor is the Holy Spirit the Father, or the Son.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Hi Echolipse, Babylon the Great under the beast is the world government. The time frame for the world government is the last 42 months before Jesus returns.

It will be comprised of 4 sector alliance of nations. The north, the south, the west (which Europe and the U.S. is already called the west) and the east.

The west which will be the Antichrist's initial power base of Europe will be the dominate sector. As God's judgements are poured out on the earth, the Antichrist will favor the west. Near the end when resources of food, water, energy become more and more scarce, it is my belief that he will be directing a disproportionate amount to those of the west.

Which will cause the other three sectors to rebel against him in the battles of Daniel 11:40-44. Bringing the nations into the middle east, as a prelude to Armageddon - which happens at the height of the battles, when the cosmos parts and they see Jesus before the throne of God sickle in hand. Terrified, they unite under the Antichrist beast, to try and stop Jesus from returning and executing judgment on them.

The world government will most likely not occur until there are 42 months left in the 7 years. Because of no man can buy nor sell without the mark, name of the beast, or number of his name - which indicates a global government law. And that everyone will be required to worship the beast's image. And that the entire world, except for the elect, will worship him thinking he is God in the flesh.

Being the beast in the bottomless pit, the mindset of a one united world against God, is Nimrod. Now a disembodied spirit. That spirit will possess the comeback to life Antichrist, slain right before the 42 months begin. Nimrod's spirit will drive him, on his already maniacal path.

Keep in mind, that early on in his career, way back to the beginning, he will have been into the occult, getting help from the dark side understanding dark sentences (Daniel 8), for his success.

So while we would view possession by some disembodied ancient spirit as something just awlful, for the Antichrist it will be a source of power, which Satan will probably promise to him, when the Antichrist reaches the point that in his heart thinks he has achieved God-hood.

Right at the end, in Revelation 16, God delivers a crushing blow on great Babylon, the world acting as one against him, and the mighty earthquake shakes the entire earth, and great hail falls on men. great Babylon is conceptually all of man's united rebellion against God, as well as, the principality of Satan and his angels, which will be cast down to earth that last time, times, and half times.

But in terms of a world government, that's how Babylon the Great will manifest itself, when the Antichrist-beast (the Antichrist possessed by the unclean spirit of Nimrod) rules the world that last 42 months.

(there's no biblical requirement for a one-world currency, btw. It may or may not happen. It is just that it is not required for bible prophesy.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread has had a clean up. As a reminder, the site rules include:

Do not post in the forums reserved for Christians only, unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in Unorthodox Theology.

Upvote 0

10s3r

Mar 15, 2014
✟412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

There are none that's why you can't find them. The idea of a one world religion and a one world government is one of the greatest blunders of end-time prophecy from our illustrious prophecy experts.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

10s3r said in post 18:

The idea of a one world religion and a one world government is one of the greatest blunders of end-time prophecy from our illustrious prophecy experts.

Actually, it's not a blunder. Also, Biblical Christians need to realize that during the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign (Revelation 13:4-18), even though the world will worship Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), this won't require that the Antichrist's one-world religion will say Jesus is evil, or will turn the world against Jesus. For almost the entire world reveres Jesus, at least as being a good man. The Antichrist could confirm this basic world belief, but simply (in his words) "clarify" that while Jesus is indeed a good man, he isn't the Christ or the Son of God (1 John 2:22). No doubt the Antichrist will also deny Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, as this, just as believing he's the Christ and the Son of God (John 20:31, John 3:36), is one of the core beliefs of the gospel by which people become saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).

So what the Antichrist could do is keep the idea of a good Jesus, but strip it of everything by which Jesus saves people from hell. And this wouldn't require that the Antichrist deny Jesus' 2nd coming. Indeed, the Antichrist and his False Prophet (Revelation 19:20) could even try to employ to their own ends the Biblical prophecy of Jesus' 2nd coming, as well as the Muslim prophecy which says the miracle-working prophet Jesus will return bodily from heaven in the last days to bring the whole earth into the worship of the true God. For the False Prophet could claim that he's Jesus returned. And he could perform amazing miracles (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof of his claim (cf. John 3:2). This is one reason it's important to know when and how the real Jesus' 2nd coming will happen (Matthew 24:29-31; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8; 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Zechariah 14:3-21).

Once the False Prophet by his amazing miracles has brought the world under his spell (Revelation 13:13-18, Revelation 19:20), including many Muslims and Christians who may not care much for scriptural dogma, but could go wild over his signs and wonders, he could begin to (in his words) "restore to the world the real message which was spoken by me (Jesus) at my first coming, and by the great prophet Mohammed, but which message became corrupted by power-hungry men when they copied and changed the early manuscripts of the Bible and the Koran". He could then gradually initiate the world into the Antichrist's Gnostic Luciferianism (1 John 4:3, Revelation 13:4-6), a religion which could have existed since ancient times in some "mystery" cults, and which still exists today in the highest degree of initiation of a worldwide secret society. The False Prophet could present his miraculously calling fire down from heaven (Revelation 13:13) as purported proof that Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) and the Antichrist are the true God (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9), in an inversion of how back in Old Testament times, Elijah miraculously called fire down from heaven to prove that YHWH is the true God (1 Kings 18:37-39).

The person whom the Antichrist will revile is YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36), whom many people mistakenly think of as being (in their words) "the God of only the Old Testament, that cruel and hateful God who commanded people to commit genocide and kill babies (1 Samuel 15:3), whereas Jesus came and preached love for everyone (Matthew 5:44)". The truth is that Jesus confirmed that the God of the Old Testament, YHWH (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Leviticus 19:18), is the same as the God of the New Testament (Mark 12:29-31), and that the Old Testament is true (Matthew 5:17-18, Luke 24:44-48). Jesus died for our sins in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy from YHWH (Isaiah 53; 1 Peter 2:24). And he rose from the dead in fulfillment of Old Testament prophecy from YHWH (e.g. Psalms 16:10, Acts 2:31). Jesus died to establish the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28), which YHWH had foretold in the Old Testament (Jeremiah 31:31-34). And Jesus died to bring about the defeat of Satan (Hebrews 2:14), which YHWH had foretold from even the 1st book of the Old Testament (Genesis 3:15).

Nonetheless, building on many people's misconceptions of YHWH as being (in their words) "the cruel God of the Old Testament", no doubt one of the Antichrist's chief blasphemies against YHWH (Revelation 13:6, Daniel 11:36) will be that YHWH is an evil god. This is one of the ancient blasphemies of Gnosticism, another being the antichrist lie that Christ isn't in the flesh (2 John 1:7). The world will be deceived into completely rejecting YHWH and worshipping Satan and the Antichrist instead (Revelation 13:4-8, Revelation 12:9). Satan may be worshipped not as "Satan", which most everyone sees as a bad name (it means "Adversary"), but as "Lucifer" (Isaiah 14:12), which means "the morning star". The Antichrist could lie and say it's YHWH who is the true "Satan", the true "Adversary" of mankind.

Because the Antichrist and his False Prophet (possibly masquerading as Jesus) will deny Jesus is the Christ (1 John 2:22), and will deny Christ is in the flesh (1 John 4:3), and because they will bring the world into the worship of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan) instead (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9), they could lie and say that (the non-mortal flesh) Lucifer is the Christ, that the new name of Christ (Revelation 3:12c) is "Lucifer Christ". For just as "Lucifer" means "the morning star", so Christ is the morning star (Revelation 22:16b). Also, Christ identified himself with the serpent (John 3:14), and Lucifer is the serpent (Revelation 12:9). Also, Christ said "Ye are gods" (John 10:34), and it was the serpent who said "ye shall be as gods" (Genesis 3:5).

But the truth is that Lucifer fell from his office of morning star (Isaiah 14:12) and became Satan (cf. Luke 10:18). Jesus Christ has taken over the office of morning star (Revelation 22:16). And Jesus Christ identified himself with only the brass serpent on the pole in Numbers 21:8-9 (John 3:14), which typified Jesus Christ's crucifixion for our sins (John 19:16, Matthew 26:28). And in John 10:34, Jesus Christ (John 20:31) was quoting YHWH in Psalms 82:6-7, which shows that even though humans have knowledge of good and evil as gods do (Genesis 3:22), they will still die like humans (Psalms 82:7), contradicting the serpent's lie (Genesis 3:4). Nonetheless, the Antichrist could falsely say Lucifer is the Christ and the true and beneficent God of mankind, and that the False Prophet is the miracle-working prophet Jesus (cf. John 3:2, Acts 3:22-24), returned to point the world to the true Christ/God. The Antichrist could falsely say he (the Antichrist) is the human/divine "Son" of Lucifer, who must be worshipped as God along with Lucifer (Revelation 13:4,8). This would be similar to how Biblical Christians rightly worship the human/divine Jesus Christ (John 1:1,14) as God (the Son) along with God the Father (John 20:28, Hebrews 1:8).

Near the end of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, unclean spirits like frogs will come out of the mouths of Lucifer, the Antichrist, and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). And these unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and perform amazing miracles to convince the world's armies to gather together at Armageddon (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel) (Revelation 16:16) in an attempt to fight and defeat YHWH himself (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19). After gathering together at Armageddon, the armies will travel south and pillage Jerusalem, right before the real Jesus (who is YHWH: John 10:30) returns from heaven and defeats them completely (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:20 to 20:3).

Upvote 0