Won't anybody think of the Ex-President!?!

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Kind of small potatoes compared to the education industry, the rest of the print, broadcast and entertainment media and the federal bureaucracy being entrenched in left wing ideology.

No, that isn't "kind of small potatoes." Fox News has the fifth-highest ratings of all networks (cable or broadcast), has the highest-rated non-sports shows of any cable network, and roughly the same number of viewers as its next two cable news competitors combined. The Fox News website tends to have more visitors than NYT.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ne...p-channels-fox-news-cnn-msnbc-cbs-1234866801/
https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top-ten/
Wednesday, Oct. 13 Scoreboard: Tucker Carlson, The Five, and Hannity Are Cable News’ Top-Rated Shows
https://pressgazette.co.uk/most-popular-websites-news-us-monthly/

Fox News is a massive force.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a strange thing to post in this thread..... don't post about this topic, post about another topic so we can figure out what you think about that topic.

There's stuff on THIS topic you could choose to have an opinion on. If you cared about his involvement on Jan 6 but it's already been kinda hinted at that his supporters don't really like thinking about any possible "past indiscretions".

If you need to know my opinion on Biden to evaluate the topic of THIS thread, I have given my opinion on him here a few times. Look through the search function if it's that necessary.

Its not strange... before I read "Original Happy Camper" post I was going to use that word "bashing". Your post is your opinion no more no less. And OHC and me did tell you our opinion.. its bashing a man that you/we know nothing nor the world he lives in anything about and those that do? .. lol are not posting on some forum. No offense. Carry on

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No but a 15 second google search got me to the specifics of what happenned.

And it was not what you said.

It was indeed what I said. It is crystal clear she accused him of being a racist by Harris' dog whistle statement aimed at her base- " I don't believe you are a racist", meaning " I don't believe you are a racist , I know you are by virtue of the following actions of yours " was followed by her listing all Biden's actions that proved he was a racist. And she omitted a number of statements Biden has made that would further back up her claim. Don't tell me you don't believe in dog whistles where a person says one thing but their base understands it to be the exact opposite. ?

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, that isn't "kind of small potatoes." Fox News has the fifth-highest ratings of all networks (cable or broadcast), has the highest-rated non-sports shows of any cable network, and roughly the same number of viewers as its next two cable news competitors combined. The Fox News website tends to have more visitors than NYT.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/ne...p-channels-fox-news-cnn-msnbc-cbs-1234866801/
https://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top-ten/
Wednesday, Oct. 13 Scoreboard: Tucker Carlson, The Five, and Hannity Are Cable News’ Top-Rated Shows
https://pressgazette.co.uk/most-popular-websites-news-us-monthly/

Fox News is a massive force.

T he fifth highest is a fairly small force compared to the combined force of the first second third and fourth highest. And since the combined force of the next two cable competitors equals Fox's force they would cancel out only if Fox were being reinforced by the rest of the media as much as those two outlets are. Meanwhile the education industry, print and the entertainment media are added to the first, second, third and fourth highest rated media news outlets as well as the combined cable competitors equal to Fox's. That says to me Fox's influence is small potatoes compared to the influence of those outlets that are on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
T he fifth highest is a fairly small force compared to the combined force of the first second third and fourth highest.

No, it isn't "a fairly small force" by any measure and it's especially not a "small force" when you consider the sorts of programming the four leading networks air, which is driven overwhelmingly by non-news entertainment. The Big 3 have 30 minutes of news in the 6:00 hour, maybe an hour or two of news-related shows throughout the entire week (e.g. Dateline, 60 Minutes), and some stuff Sunday mornings. Fox (not News) doesn't even have that much.

vs Fox News which is wall-to-wall news and commentary.

And since the combined force of the next two cable competitors equals Fox's force they would cancel out only if Fox were being reinforced by the rest of the media as much as those two outlets are. Meanwhile the education industry, print and the entertainment media are added to the first, second, third and fourth highest rated media news outlets as well as the combined cable competitors equal to Fox's. That says to me Fox's influence is small potatoes compared to the influence of those outlets that are on the opposite side of the political spectrum.

Forgetting the internet?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It was indeed what I said. It is crystal clear she accused him of being a racist by Harris' dog whistle statement aimed at her base- " I don't believe you are a racist", meaning " I don't believe you are a racist , I know you are by virtue of the following actions of yours " was followed by her listing all Biden's actions that proved he was a racist. And she omitted a number of statements Biden has made that would further back up her claim.
So she doesn't think he's a racist but he's made mistakes. Therefore he IS a racist?
She gave her opinion of him; YOU can think he's a racist because of that list. But perhaps you could allow her the generosity of having her own opinion and respecting the opinion she voiced.

Don't tell me you don't believe in dog whistles where a person says one thing but their base understands it to be the exact opposite. ?
HAHA! Rest assured, I know EXACTLY what you mean with this. But frankly, I'm more interested in the intent behind the comment. If the intent is to create clarity, I think that's different than to create lack of clarity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0