Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello, ladies, my name is Penny and I would like to start a women's group here on Christian Forums. Let me tell a story of what happened at my church in Kentucky when we tried to start a women's group. The women in the church met for the women's group for the first time. Each woman had a saga to tell of her, er, less than desirable husband. I, being single, didn't have such a story, but I was the only one who didn't. At the end, two things happened. One, the group leader, a beautiful 28-year-old blonde who had been married and divorced four times, said, "Pinney, sometahms I think you are the only intelligent one" *smile*. And two, we of the women's group NEVER MET AGAIN, because we realized that when the women participants talked about their husbands, they were talking about MEN IN THE CHURCH we all knew and more or less character-assassinating them.

But here, online, no one knows anyone you would be sharing about in the women's group...

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hello, ladies, my name is Penny and I would like to start a women's group here on Christian Forums. Let me tell a story of what happened at my church in Kentucky when we tried to start a women's group. The women in the church met for the women's group for the first time. Each woman had a saga to tell of her, er, less than desirable husband. I, being single, didn't have such a story, but I was the only one who didn't. At the end, two things happened. One, the group leader, a beautiful 28-year-old blonde who had been married and divorced four times, said, "Pinney, sometahms I think you are the only intelligent one" *smile*. And two, we of the women's group NEVER MET AGAIN, because we realized that when the women participants talked about their husbands, they were talking about MEN IN THE CHURCH we all knew and more or less character-assassinating them.

But here, online, no one knows anyone you would be sharing about in the women's group...
I've noticed that most women's groups, Christian or otherwise, like to dump on their husbands when they get together.

You might want to read the book, "The Myth of Male Power."

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I belonged to a Christian women's group years ago, the rule was not to criticise our husbands. It worked really well, ground rules have to be put in place.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've noticed that most women's groups, Christian or otherwise, like to dump on their husbands when they get together.

You might want to read the book, "The Myth of Male Power."

I was the only male employee in a Doctor's Office.The women there would mostly talk about three things. One,they would complain about their husbands, or boyfriends, or men in general.Then they would tell me that I was an exception. Two, they would talk about food. Three,they would talk about their diets.I do not make the news. I just report the news.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How do you know? Have you been spying? :eek:
because we realized that when the women participants talked about their husbands, they were talking about MEN IN THE CHURCH we all knew and more or less character-assassinating them.
Is this really your intent for wanting to start a women's group?

Upvote 0

AnneY

Aug 19, 2015
Midwest
✟123,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've started/been a part of a few women's Bible studies. It was clear from the start that we were there to study the Bible and discuss the subjects that were brought up in order to apply the Biblical truths to our lives. Even though we discussed some difficult subject matter at times when talking about family life, we never had a gossip fest. No husband/boyfriend bashing. Just honest discussion about everyday things. I will not be a part of a women's group that just wants to gossip and trash talk husbands/boyfriends/relatives.

Upvote 0