Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gillette experienced a whopping $8 billion write-down during its most recent quarter, the latest setback for the maker of razors and other personal grooming supplies.

Parent company Procter & Gamble (P&G) blamed the loss on currency fluctuations as well as the continued “market contraction” of blades and razors, primarily in developed markets as men continue to grow out their facial hair.​

Plus, it might have had something to do with their 'woke" ad campaign.

Gillette Loses $8 Billion as Sales Drop Following Woke Commercials

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not surprising, seeing how facial hair on men is probably due as a result of sexual selection.

As for why I think beards help give the false impression of stronger jaws and more pronounced chins. A nice beard can give an other wise wimpy looking man a more robust looking face. Perhaps facial hair evolved in men to compensate men becoming more and more neotenous looking (less masculine) as a byproduct of men selecting women for neotenous facial features?

Perhaps the women who say they don't like facial hair, are just thinking of the men who don't need it as much? Because it is a more honest signal.

Sadly I cannot grow a full beard, only a goatee. Although at least I can grow a pretty thick goatee. I do wish I able to grow a full beard. It helps, especially when men become older. Older men with nice facial hair can look pretty nice, lol.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,854.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hmm. I am not a fan of beards. Clearly I am not typical of the people involved in this study!

Perhaps the women who say they don't like facial hair, are just thinking of the men who don't need it as much?

My main objection to beards is the sensation of them; they're prickly, they're rough, they're obtrusive. Nothing makes me want to snuggle into a beard.

I have seen some men - a small number - whom I think look better with a beard, but that doesn't mean they're attractive to me in the sense of wanting to be close to that beard!

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm. I am not a fan of beards. Clearly I am not typical of the people involved in this study!

My main objection to beards is the sensation of them; they're prickly, they're rough, they're obtrusive. Nothing makes me want to snuggle into a beard.

I have seen some men - a small number - whom I think look better with a beard, but that doesn't mean they're attractive to me in the sense of wanting to be close to that beard!

Yeah I can understand that. Just having facial hair can be uncomfortable at times. It certainly requires high maintenance. I hate the feeling of facial hair getting caught in my lip, I always try to trim around my lips so they never meet. Don't understand why some men with beards don't. Also food can get caught in them pretty easily, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps the women who say they don't like facial hair, are just thinking of the men who don't need it as much? Because it is a more honest signal.

I don’t find beards aesthetically appealing. Not to mention the discomfort. The men I’m most attracted to wouldn’t be considered ruggedly handsome. They usually have heart-shaped faces with a pleasing symmetry in their features. Like this.

~Bella

55375CD4-0CAB-44A9-BD3F-007F7D574D28.jpeg

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Beards have gone in and out of fashion over the centuries numerous times.

People have been removing facial hair since the paleolithic days, and I suspect over the long term it's a trend that isn't going away.

• Agree
Reactions: Occams Barber
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m curious about the photos they showed in the study. We’re these generally attractive men with well groomed beards? I don’t find that beards make men more attractive but a beard on an attractive mad is acceptable to look at.
I don’t like the feel of a beard though so I am happy my man doesn’t grow one. Also I find any man with an ratty, untrimmed beard especially unattractive.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
From the link:

"Men with a more masculine, bearded face were rated the most attractive by the women for both relationship lengths...

The features which most clearly indicated a masculine face were a protruding brow ridge, a thick jawline, deeply set but narrow eyes and widened cheek bones..."

gorilla.jpg

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My husband has a full beard and I like it on him... It's soft when grown out, and not prickly although it does tickle and make me giggle, especially in more sensitive areas..

But he's terribly attractive to me, with or without the beard but I really like the beard too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do find it curious that we think of the beard as other than the norm. It takes shaving to not have a beard. Facial hair is not applied it grows there naturally but people often speak as if it is an artificial addition.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0