Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Military Moms Breastfeeding In Uniform Create Controversy | KPBS.org

Problems:
In the pictures on this site,
1.The two women appear to outside without a hat. If pushing the envelope, make sure you are doing everything else right.

2. I think breastfeeding in uniform is fine, if done in a descrete location.

Possible legality issues:

1.Using a person in uniform to support a cause that the whole military has not commited support too. Any cause you appear in uniform in, is considered to be support by the military as a whole. Most service members do not have the authority to announce universal support of any "cause."
2.I don't believe there is a Dress code entry that allows for breast feeding, thus like working in a t-shirt, it should be done in private locations. (The military will have to make a decision on this issue, because the brass will do a tug of war until the issue is settled.)

3. All dress code requirements must be maintained while feeding the baby. (They must wear a hat if outside) Also I believe any woman must be modest in their feeding. ie no poppin one out while the kid is still in the stroller, letting it hang free while getting ready would not meet requirements of dress and conduct. The goal is to feed the baby, not flaunt the ability to expose oneself.
--Not saying all women will, but all areas of the codes must be considered.

4.safety and security of the area: If security or safety of the area does not allow for feeding then other arrangements must be made.

Aug 5, 2012
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
nursing cover = fine

but the military needs to have standards of behavior and at times NOT-understand that must be different than what we tolerate in normal society. The reason for this is because they must be uncompromising because of the jobs that they do without hesitation...

Upvote 0