Woman "becomes" lesbian, but would be "heartbroken" if husband found someone else

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know whether this is the epitome of uncaring, selfish narcissism, or whether it's the complete abandonment of approximately 5,000 year's worth of accepted civilized connubial behavior. Either way, it's appalling. No wonder this culture is circling the drain.

"Honey, I know I pledged 'forsaking all others until death do us part", but I've decided that I'm a lesbian now, and I'm going to live with another woman, so bye! Oh, and one other little thing---it would simply devastate me if you moved on with your life after my betrayal, so I need you to stay completely faithful to me even though I'm abandoning you. Thanks!"

Braunwyn Windham-Burke says she'd 'be heartbroken' if husband dates someone else after she came out last month | Fox News

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe that she's a lesbian. Sounds more like a spoiled, wealthy, entitled woman who hit her 40's, got bored with her family life, and decided to act out to make herself feel relevant and excited about something. By having an affair with a woman barely older than her own daughter. Many a person - male and female alike - have experienced temporary flings with members of the same sex for many different reasons. It doesn't make them gay. Regardless, he's more than within his rights to divorce her and protect the younger children from their self-destructing mother.

Doesn't seem likely, according to the article, however:
On Instagram, Sean showed his support for his wife. "I love you. I’m proud of you. And I support you. Always," he wrote on his Instagram Story.

I pity the children.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟290,975.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
From the article:

"On Instagram, Sean showed his support for his wife. "I love you. I’m proud of you. And I support you. Always," he wrote on his Instagram Story."

Is there any other word besides cuckold to describe this man?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
She may have an emotional connection but the physical can't be sated by him. She suggested the same.

"I love Sean. I love him dearly, he is my person, he is my family. But I’m not attracted to men and I never have been," she said.

I knew several women who walked away from marriages for the same sex. It was a common occurrence when the Internet took off. Some chose homosexual relationships or remained bisexual.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
From the article:

"On Instagram, Sean showed his support for his wife. "I love you. I’m proud of you. And I support you. Always," he wrote on his Instagram Story."

Decent human being comes to mind.

But hey, let's toss the 'c' word around because it's hip to be toxic.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Decent human being comes to mind.

But hey, let's toss the 'c' word around because it's hip to be toxic.

-CryptoLutheran

There's nothing decent about being party to his wife's breaking of her marriage vows. The word "cuckold" exists because precisely for men like him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From the article:

Does it still count as that when she's doing it with a woman?

Clearly not good either way, but the connotations seem different.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article:

Tool,
Idiot,
Doormat,
Used fool, (oops...that was two,)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't believe that she's a lesbian. Sounds more like a spoiled, wealthy, entitled woman who hit her 40's, got bored with her family life, and decided to act out to make herself feel relevant and excited about something. By having an affair with a woman barely older than her own daughter. Many a person - male and female alike - have experienced temporary flings with members of the same sex for many different reasons. It doesn't make them gay. Regardless, he's more than within his rights to divorce her and protect the younger children from their self-destructing mother.

Doesn't seem likely, according to the article, however:
On Instagram, Sean showed his support for his wife. "I love you. I’m proud of you. And I support you. Always," he wrote on his Instagram Story.

I pity the children.
True enough, but they were probably always to be pitied.

Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one should be "supporting" and "proud" of a woman breaking up her marriage and family, especially through no fault of his.

Well...if he would have put on some pants and actually led the family instead of appease his wife and kids...
That's on him.
And
He set a really bad example for the kids to follow.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Opting not to throw her under the bus in a public statement doesn't make him a cuckhold. He's probably maintaining decorum for the sake of the children.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Opting not to throw her under the bus in a public statement doesn't make him a cuckhold. He's probably maintaining decorum for the sake of the children.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

There are times when decorum needs to be thrown out the window.

This is one of those times.
She has insulted him and the whole family in the most despicable fashion possible.
Then she claims that she will feel victimized by their trying to move their lives past her absolute betrayal.

No, I'm going to disagree here.
She is being manipulative and abusive. Basically behaving monstrously.

It's perfectly acceptable to lose decorum.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well...if he would have put on some pants and actually led the family instead of appease his wife and kids...
That's on him.
And
He set a really bad example for the kids to follow.

It has nothing to do with putting on the pants. Several men acknowledged sexless marriages on CF. Do you tell them the same? Is their masculinity questioned?

No, I've read the threads. They receive support and encouragement.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

She has insulted him and the whole family in the most despicable fashion possible.
Then she claims that she will feel victimized by their trying to move their lives past her absolute betrayal.

They probably have an NDA. His hands may be tied. Rightly so, if you're a public figure.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Part of the calculus here is what he stands to lose in divorce proceedings if he loses decorum. She deserves nothing, but the more decorum he would lose, the more she would get.

Upvote 0