• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

JrO

May 16, 2020
California
✟7,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello, My names jr I’m 17 years old and I think I have ocd. [this is a long story so please bear with me] [ps this isn’t a pity party I just genuinely need help]. Ever since I was small I’ve struggled with many “disorders” and problems such as bulimia, depression, suici*al thoughts, anxiety, sexual identity confusion/denial, unhealthy tendencies/rituals (and smaller problems such as skin picking, being a huge germafobe, washing my hands a thousand times a day) & not telling anyone anything because I bottle up every emotion and hide my true self due to my living situation and traumatic life (I’ve gotten therapy once but was afraid to open up due to fear). Yet I don’t know if any of these things have to deal with my current situation. So here we go..About two months ago I had dream that I died and went to hell, it was red with a black sky and everything was deformed. While I was there I begged the devil to send my back to earth, and he did. He passed me an iPod with earphones with a song titled “the_alt of god land by Björk” on it. I fell back to earth hearing this song playing, landed in some rich guys lawn then broke into his house and my friend robbed him... I woke up from the dream. Opened my notes app and wrote down the song title thinking it sounded “cool”, this was on March 10th just around when quarantine started. I remembered most of the details about the wild dream I had and texted my friend Cindy about it. I must have sounded crazy, She agreed. Anyways about a month goes by and I’ve started to read the Bible and get closer to god. I was also working on a mixtape, that had songs with religious topics. I decided to make that song I heard in my dream a reality. Which I did, half way done with it I texted my friend Cindy seeing if she could help me out with a lyric, sending her the unfinished audio file. There was no word that seemed to fit in the verse. I was anxious to finish the song. Just then.. I heard a voice/thought in my head clear as day saying “sell your soul to finish the song”. I was shocked and instantly denied that thought. Saying aloud “what the heck no, this song will get done anyway” and later that same day it kinda did. I thought nothing of it, but then woke up the next day with my chest hurting. I was confused and thought maybe I did sell my soul on accident. I went on google and it made my anxiety worse. I began to read all the stories saying “once you sell your soul god can’t hear you” and your doomed to hell and all these things. For some reason I believed it and from then on spiraled into insanity, thinking of the “what if’s”. I cried out praying obsessively for days, felt empty, stopped eating, felt hopeless, and started having blasphemous thoughts. I would constantly apologize to god for every “sin” or bad thought in my head. It got ridiculous. I’ve had plans to move out to San Diego, start college, get my drivers license but due to Covid-19 I couldn’t leave just yet. Everything was meaningless, I would sit outside with a million thoughts racing in my head. I would repeat prayers over and over but the voices in my head would get too loud. One time I meant to say “the devil is lair” in a prayer but said gods name instead, I freaked out. Thinking I just committed the one unforgivable sin. I’ve believed in god my whole life and never speak bad about him. Bad Thoughts would materialize in my head and if I didn’t deny them immediately I would flip. I eventually had to speak out to my childhood friend Cindy. We had a talk outside her house I was afraid she’d think I was mentally sick but I couldn’t hold it in anymore and I knew I could trust her. I confessed everything. She just felt like the right person to talk to cause she’s had a hard life too, especially because of her cancer. Her words lifted up and she gave me advice. Telling me I should tell my family what’s going on and that she has a family friend (Nancy) who’s good with these kinda things. I felt better but this was the beginning of a long up and down anxiety journey. I talked to Nancy with Cindy we had a long heartfelt conversation outside. She was the one, I felt as like my prayers had been answered and god sent her my way to talk to. I used her advice for days reminding myself that god loves me unconditionally, and that I’m a good person and these bad thoughts don’t define me. She assured me the I didn’t sell my soul and it could just be the devil trying to separate me from god. So I went on temporarily feeling better, then the doubts came. Everything I once said to calm myself down didn’t help me. So I told my aunt Jazz and her fitness boyfriend Jessi my thoughts I was having. Jessi suggested medication, I took lithium pills, magnesium, and other mood balancers I mixed with the little food I ate. I started to run on the treadmill to distract myself from the uncontrollable thoughts I was having. It slightly worked but I still would stop frequently to apologize to god for the terrible thoughts I was having. At that point I had enough. My mom came to me one night, I cried and told her I had anxiety. She suggested things I could do and I wanted therapy, I didn’t have health care so that wasn’t available. I had trouble doing anything, from watching tv to showering to sleeping, life felt impossible even to do the most basic activities because I was so caught up in my own mind. My grandma had me talk to a priest and I gave my life to Jesus Christ, and was forgiven for all my sins. I balled and felt changed but the peace only lasted so long. Right after that I remember seeing an ac unit and my head saying “sell your soul to have one when you grow up” what was wrong with me?, my anxiety controlled my life saying what I could and could not do. This was all new to me my mind said if I do one thing this way or if I ate one more bite of blank that’d mean “my soul would be sold”. I prayed for forgiveness so many times, I felt like I needed to be perfect and didn’t allow myself to “sin” forgetting I was human. Every time I felt normal for even a second my head said “why are you feeling happy don’t you remember this and this and that”. I felt a battle inside me. I began talking to myself aloud saying things to combat what was being said in my head and I would repeat simple prayers giving thanks and saying “I’m sorry god for all my bad thoughts I can’t control them right now, please heal me”. This helped but would be said every minute of the day so it drained me. I felt insane and maybe I was but that realization didn’t stop the thoughts. I prayed countless times. I tried to distract myself with the gospel and music but these can only do so much when you having a reoccurring thought. As you can imagine my family noticed a change in me. My sprit had faded. So I was sent to the babysitters house at the tailor park where my little siblings lived, she allowed me to stay with her as long as it took and wanted to pray with me, she feared I’d be sent to a mental asylum and I wanted to prevent that from happening. That first night I was hopeful, she made dinner I barely touched the plate. We started to pray, it was the worst. I never felt this much anxiety in my life I was having a panic attack. Every word that came out of there mouths was a blur. The family spoke Spanish so it made it harder to understand yet my head denied the prayer. I had thoughts that went against it I felt as if a demon possessed me. Then the babysitter started talking about one of our lesbian family friends. Saying how she lived a sinful life, I disagreed but let her finish her prayer. Then at the end she and husband asked how I felt, I was honest I said I couldn’t pay attention at all. I looked dead restless and excused myself, thanking them for there “help”. By then I lost all hope. I couldn’t handle it. I called my other aunt Yvette and her husband Philp. I told them what was going on. I confessed my bulimic episodes and told them I think I sold my soul through thought to finish a song. The conversation helped me a lot. She reminded me that god makes no mistakes. I felt better that night but the next morning something snapped. I freaked out i went outside crying begging god to help me stop all my suffering. I said to myself this is it I can’t live like this anymore, I was sure that would be my last day on earth. I finally understood why people take there own lives. I wanted answers to impossible questions that no human could answer. The reason I’m still here is because I didn’t let the devil win, I just said to myself things will get better with time even if it feels like nothing will ever change. Later that day I talked to a priest on the phone and gave my life to Jesus for the second time. I know people say Jesus can heal anything but when your head doesn’t let you even focus on the words coming out of your mouth. It’s hard to keep your faith strong. That night I begged on the bathroom floor for god to send me some sign that he still there. I was asking him to do anything move any little object, or make a sound. I cried to have to holy spirt be entered in to me, nothing happened. The next day the babysitter made me promise to go to her friends church service with her husband and I was desperate for answers so if course I went. While I was there they dedicated the service to me calling me out in the surprisingly large crowd for a pandemic. The whole time they preached not a word entered my head. My back started to hurt unbearably like if a winged demon placed all his weight on both my shoulders with claws digging into my flesh. I didn’t know who to believe, I didn’t know if this was a spiritual or medical problem. I questioned everything but then was called up to the alter near the end of the service. The priest was the same lady I talked on the phone with. She said to me “your gay” I was so confused why does that that to do with anything. I pretended to not understand her Spanish and spoke to her about how I was feeling. She started to pray loudly I tried so hard to pay attention. She drew a cross of oil on my forehead and demanded the demons to be cast out of me. I lifted my arms with my eyes closed and crying and felt gushes of wind flow through my fingers at a closed church with no window near me. The priest made me hug a man tight as if he was my brother the whole church watched but I felt a different kind of presence. My left hand was risen and my whole head and body was being turned to face the preacher praying passionately. I couldn’t stop it there was know one there but the man I had my arms around. This was it I felt gods presence. I didn’t know whether to fight the urge to stand or let it take me. One thing was for sure though this was real. My head even still then carried bad thoughts repeating “reverse reverse”. I avoided them though. The crowd cheered I sat back down trying to comprehend what just happened. At the end of the service I asked the priest what I felt she said there we’re angels flying around me rejoicing and that we may not be able to see god but feel his presence. I was content, for that night at least. Some how my mind still thought I had no soul. I was so frustrated. I starting doing the most I could to do avoid overthinking. Again I fell for the trap i walked outside crying publicly in the whole tailor park neighborhood cause now I had thoughts doubting the existence of god. Why? I knew he was real but the thoughts wouldn’t stop. I called I need Jesus hotlines no body answered probably because the outbreak. The audio mated voice recording explained what Jesus did for us though I wish I had know sooner. I prayed to god hoping he would send someone my way or some one would see me crying and help me out, but no one did. I just blamed it on the virus. I wore a mask and was visibly struggling but I was left alone. I called up Cindy we talked for two hours. Just reminiscing on childhood memories, laughing and speaking to another human being felt so good. It brought me hope. From then on I stayed at the tailor park we prayed every night, sang worship music, attended church twice a week, and I went on a lot of walks alone with oranges, water, music, distractions and phone conversations with Cindy. I was recovering daily. I spoke to myself a lot. However I still had these anxiety attacks and doubts. I went back to the song that caused all this and completed it for Jesus in his name. I just had to come up with a new way to cope every time the old way failed. It’s been 2 and half weeks of this anxiety. I’ve learned a lot through this painful experience and I’m still struggling heavily through this. I probably say the “devil is liar” a thousand times a day and I’m really struggling with ocd tendencies. Sometimes I just pray Jesus will come back and free us from our suffering but until then I’m just trying to enjoy anything I can. Life is short and if you going through anything like I am. I recommend you listen to the “Jesus, Me, & Anxiety” podcast by Kassi Russell if you can. Also reading the New Testament has helped me better focus and restore my faith. My mindset is changing every day but right now I say to myself, even if you did “sell your soul” you can still love and follow Jesus, god knows your true heart, and don’t let your anxiety take away what’s right in front of you. I Know this will take time to get over and I feel for anyone “thinking they sold their soul”. on a spiritual side the devil knows your weaknesses and is the father of lies, he will kick you when you down, but fight your demons don’t let no one take your Salvation away. / if anyone has read this thank you. I would really appreciate some advice. This is my real current life Not a made up story. This is what my thoughts have done to me but i know if I get through this I will become stronger. /sorry for any spelling errors I wrote this mentally unwell.

Here are the lryics to the song that drove me insane:

the_alt of god land

Cause oh honey, I was wrong
Oh honey, I was wrong
Guy takes me down to a show
I don’t know how to hide my feelings anymore
I wanna give a hug
But I cannot hide from us
Then you start walking away
Wait I gotta question
Something’s wrong
(question / my soul)

Why would He make you this way if you’re not meant to love someone?

Why would there be fight if your not gonna try
Hoping someone could lead me out
I’ve been hating crazy lately
Dragging everyone else down
I’m not the judge
But how would you know

When you go to sleep is He the last thought in your head?

I’m in love with Jesus
I’m in love you, I’m in love
I’ll never feel sad again
Long as I have my Jesus
I belong to Jesus
I’m in love

Now look at everyone else
I’m the guy whose gonna change your mind (with Jesus Christ)

• Friendly
Reactions: SarahsKnight

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello, My names jr I’m 17 years old and I think I have ocd. [this is a long story so please bear with me] [ps this isn’t a pity party I just genuinely need help]. Ever since I was small I’ve struggled with many “disorders” and problems such as bulimia, depression, suici*al thoughts, anxiety, sexual identity confusion/denial, unhealthy tendencies/rituals (and smaller problems such as skin picking, being a huge germafobe, washing my hands a thousand times a day) & not telling anyone anything because I bottle up every emotion and hide my true self due to my living situation and traumatic life (I’ve gotten therapy once but was afraid to open up due to fear). Yet I don’t know if any of these things have to deal with my current situation. So here we go..About two months ago I had dream that I died and went to hell, it was red with a black sky and everything was deformed. While I was there I begged the devil to send my back to earth, and he did. He passed me an iPod with earphones with a song titled “the_alt of god land by Björk” on it. I fell back to earth hearing this song playing, landed in some rich guys lawn then broke into his house and my friend robbed him... I woke up from the dream. Opened my notes app and wrote down the song title thinking it sounded “cool”, this was on March 10th just around when quarantine started. I remembered most of the details about the wild dream I had and texted my friend Cindy about it. I must have sounded crazy, She agreed. Anyways about a month goes by and I’ve started to read the Bible and get closer to god. I was also working on a mixtape, that had songs with religious topics. I decided to make that song I heard in my dream a reality. Which I did, half way done with it I texted my friend Cindy seeing if she could help me out with a lyric, sending her the unfinished audio file. There was no word that seemed to fit in the verse. I was anxious to finish the song. Just then.. I heard a voice/thought in my head clear as day saying “sell your soul to finish the song”. I was shocked and instantly denied that thought. Saying aloud “what the heck no, this song will get done anyway” and later that same day it kinda did. I thought nothing of it, but then woke up the next day with my chest hurting. I was confused and thought maybe I did sell my soul on accident. I went on google and it made my anxiety worse. I began to read all the stories saying “once you sell your soul god can’t hear you” and your doomed to hell and all these things. For some reason I believed it and from then on spiraled into insanity, thinking of the “what if’s”. I cried out praying obsessively for days, felt empty, stopped eating, felt hopeless, and started having blasphemous thoughts. I would constantly apologize to god for every “sin” or bad thought in my head. It got ridiculous. I’ve had plans to move out to San Diego, start college, get my drivers license but due to Covid-19 I couldn’t leave just yet. Everything was meaningless, I would sit outside with a million thoughts racing in my head. I would repeat prayers over and over but the voices in my head would get too loud. One time I meant to say “the devil is lair” in a prayer but said gods name instead, I freaked out. Thinking I just committed the one unforgivable sin. I’ve believed in god my whole life and never speak bad about him. Bad Thoughts would materialize in my head and if I didn’t deny them immediately I would flip. I eventually had to speak out to my childhood friend Cindy. We had a talk outside her house I was afraid she’d think I was mentally sick but I couldn’t hold it in anymore and I knew I could trust her. I confessed everything. She just felt like the right person to talk to cause she’s had a hard life too, especially because of her cancer. Her words lifted up and she gave me advice. Telling me I should tell my family what’s going on and that she has a family friend (Nancy) who’s good with these kinda things. I felt better but this was the beginning of a long up and down anxiety journey. I talked to Nancy with Cindy we had a long heartfelt conversation outside. She was the one, I felt as like my prayers had been answered and god sent her my way to talk to. I used her advice for days reminding myself that god loves me unconditionally, and that I’m a good person and these bad thoughts don’t define me. She assured me the I didn’t sell my soul and it could just be the devil trying to separate me from god. So I went on temporarily feeling better, then the doubts came. Everything I once said to calm myself down didn’t help me. So I told my aunt Jazz and her fitness boyfriend Jessi my thoughts I was having. Jessi suggested medication, I took lithium pills, magnesium, and other mood balancers I mixed with the little food I ate. I started to run on the treadmill to distract myself from the uncontrollable thoughts I was having. It slightly worked but I still would stop frequently to apologize to god for the terrible thoughts I was having. At that point I had enough. My mom came to me one night, I cried and told her I had anxiety. She suggested things I could do and I wanted therapy, I didn’t have health care so that wasn’t available. I had trouble doing anything, from watching tv to showering to sleeping, life felt impossible even to do the most basic activities because I was so caught up in my own mind. My grandma had me talk to a priest and I gave my life to Jesus Christ, and was forgiven for all my sins. I balled and felt changed but the peace only lasted so long. Right after that I remember seeing an ac unit and my head saying “sell your soul to have one when you grow up” what was wrong with me?, my anxiety controlled my life saying what I could and could not do. This was all new to me my mind said if I do one thing this way or if I ate one more bite of blank that’d mean “my soul would be sold”. I prayed for forgiveness so many times, I felt like I needed to be perfect and didn’t allow myself to “sin” forgetting I was human. Every time I felt normal for even a second my head said “why are you feeling happy don’t you remember this and this and that”. I felt a battle inside me. I began talking to myself aloud saying things to combat what was being said in my head and I would repeat simple prayers giving thanks and saying “I’m sorry god for all my bad thoughts I can’t control them right now, please heal me”. This helped but would be said every minute of the day so it drained me. I felt insane and maybe I was but that realization didn’t stop the thoughts. I prayed countless times. I tried to distract myself with the gospel and music but these can only do so much when you having a reoccurring thought. As you can imagine my family noticed a change in me. My sprit had faded. So I was sent to the babysitters house at the tailor park where my little siblings lived, she allowed me to stay with her as long as it took and wanted to pray with me, she feared I’d be sent to a mental asylum and I wanted to prevent that from happening. That first night I was hopeful, she made dinner I barely touched the plate. We started to pray, it was the worst. I never felt this much anxiety in my life I was having a panic attack. Every word that came out of there mouths was a blur. The family spoke Spanish so it made it harder to understand yet my head denied the prayer. I had thoughts that went against it I felt as if a demon possessed me. Then the babysitter started talking about one of our lesbian family friends. Saying how she lived a sinful life, I disagreed but let her finish her prayer. Then at the end she and husband asked how I felt, I was honest I said I couldn’t pay attention at all. I looked dead restless and excused myself, thanking them for there “help”. By then I lost all hope. I couldn’t handle it. I called my other aunt Yvette and her husband Philp. I told them what was going on. I confessed my bulimic episodes and told them I think I sold my soul through thought to finish a song. The conversation helped me a lot. She reminded me that god makes no mistakes. I felt better that night but the next morning something snapped. I freaked out i went outside crying begging god to help me stop all my suffering. I said to myself this is it I can’t live like this anymore, I was sure that would be my last day on earth. I finally understood why people take there own lives. I wanted answers to impossible questions that no human could answer. The reason I’m still here is because I didn’t let the devil win, I just said to myself things will get better with time even if it feels like nothing will ever change. Later that day I talked to a priest on the phone and gave my life to Jesus for the second time. I know people say Jesus can heal anything but when your head doesn’t let you even focus on the words coming out of your mouth. It’s hard to keep your faith strong. That night I begged on the bathroom floor for god to send me some sign that he still there. I was asking him to do anything move any little object, or make a sound. I cried to have to holy spirt be entered in to me, nothing happened. The next day the babysitter made me promise to go to her friends church service with her husband and I was desperate for answers so if course I went. While I was there they dedicated the service to me calling me out in the surprisingly large crowd for a pandemic. The whole time they preached not a word entered my head. My back started to hurt unbearably like if a winged demon placed all his weight on both my shoulders with claws digging into my flesh. I didn’t know who to believe, I didn’t know if this was a spiritual or medical problem. I questioned everything but then was called up to the alter near the end of the service. The priest was the same lady I talked on the phone with. She said to me “your gay” I was so confused why does that that to do with anything. I pretended to not understand her Spanish and spoke to her about how I was feeling. She started to pray loudly I tried so hard to pay attention. She drew a cross of oil on my forehead and demanded the demons to be cast out of me. I lifted my arms with my eyes closed and crying and felt gushes of wind flow through my fingers at a closed church with no window near me. The priest made me hug a man tight as if he was my brother the whole church watched but I felt a different kind of presence. My left hand was risen and my whole head and body was being turned to face the preacher praying passionately. I couldn’t stop it there was know one there but the man I had my arms around. This was it I felt gods presence. I didn’t know whether to fight the urge to stand or let it take me. One thing was for sure though this was real. My head even still then carried bad thoughts repeating “reverse reverse”. I avoided them though. The crowd cheered I sat back down trying to comprehend what just happened. At the end of the service I asked the priest what I felt she said there we’re angels flying around me rejoicing and that we may not be able to see god but feel his presence. I was content, for that night at least. Some how my mind still thought I had no soul. I was so frustrated. I starting doing the most I could to do avoid overthinking. Again I fell for the trap i walked outside crying publicly in the whole tailor park neighborhood cause now I had thoughts doubting the existence of god. Why? I knew he was real but the thoughts wouldn’t stop. I called I need Jesus hotlines no body answered probably because the outbreak. The audio mated voice recording explained what Jesus did for us though I wish I had know sooner. I prayed to god hoping he would send someone my way or some one would see me crying and help me out, but no one did. I just blamed it on the virus. I wore a mask and was visibly struggling but I was left alone. I called up Cindy we talked for two hours. Just reminiscing on childhood memories, laughing and speaking to another human being felt so good. It brought me hope. From then on I stayed at the tailor park we prayed every night, sang worship music, attended church twice a week, and I went on a lot of walks alone with oranges, water, music, distractions and phone conversations with Cindy. I was recovering daily. I spoke to myself a lot. However I still had these anxiety attacks and doubts. I went back to the song that caused all this and completed it for Jesus in his name. I just had to come up with a new way to cope every time the old way failed. It’s been 2 and half weeks of this anxiety. I’ve learned a lot through this painful experience and I’m still struggling heavily through this. I probably say the “devil is liar” a thousand times a day and I’m really struggling with ocd tendencies. Sometimes I just pray Jesus will come back and free us from our suffering but until then I’m just trying to enjoy anything I can. Life is short and if you going through anything like I am. I recommend you listen to the “Jesus, Me, & Anxiety” podcast by Kassi Russell if you can. Also reading the New Testament has helped me better focus and restore my faith. My mindset is changing every day but right now I say to myself, even if you did “sell your soul” you can still love and follow Jesus, god knows your true heart, and don’t let your anxiety take away what’s right in front of you. I Know this will take time to get over and I feel for anyone “thinking they sold their soul”. on a spiritual side the devil knows your weaknesses and is the father of lies, he will kick you when you down, but fight your demons don’t let no one take your Salvation away. / if anyone has read this thank you. I would really appreciate some advice. This is my real current life Not a made up story. This is what my thoughts have done to me but i know if I get through this I will become stronger. /sorry for any spelling errors I wrote this mentally unwell.

the_alt of god land

Oh honey, I was wrong
I wanna give a hug
Wait I gotta question
Something’s wrong
(question / my soul)

I’m not the judge
But how would you know

I’m in love with Jesus
Long as I have my Jesus
I belong to Jesus
I’m in love

More than anything, you need truth. Find out, with God's help, what Lord Jesus has done for you. Make God's word your authority, not your thoughts or feelings. Once you have seen what Lord Jesus has done, make that the basis for your faith. For example, if you sin, you need to know that the precious blood of Christ has already paid the price. All God requires is for us to confess that we have sinned. I used to wonder how to get into the Spirit. Then I read that I am already in the Spirit (Romans 8:9). So why was I trying to get there when I am there now? The truth really does set us free, if we will accept it and go by it.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My names jr I’m 17 years old and I think I have ocd

First of all as. Christian your soul is in Jesus's hands, you cannot give it to anyone, let alone sell it.

Second off needs treatment, either with a therapist or with someone understanding.
Go to the, international off off foundation and use search to find there 25 tips for dealing with off.
Some of them will help you, but it is a lifelong training

You will need to learn to talk about your feelings to someone else.
If you can get a professional to help you it will be easier.

Reactions: Tania11
Upvote 0

covergirl

Oct 4, 2014
✟20,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey James! We here understand and deal with the same things at different seasons in our lives. This won't last long. Dreams do not determine your salvation with God. Check out Romans 3, I think with OCD we tend to workout our own salvation. That dream is from the devil, doesn't mean your crazy and we all know the devil is the false accuser of the brethren (Revelation 12:10). His lies will seem like truth but they are not. Truth is Romans 3 check it out .

Upvote 0

Grace1234

Oct 22, 2019
Bangkok
✟22,251.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God understand all your life’s story. Confess your sin and trust in him. He will always with you.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 John 4:16

Actually,I have go to a random bible verse website and pray to god to give me some of bible verse to you. I just click random and this bible verse come.At first,I ignore it because I don’t know clearly how it relate so I continue just like ten times clicking and pray again and then this pop up again. I don’t know are this coincidence. But you know, There a lot of bible verse and this just get pop up double.
“Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the Lord.
“Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 23:24
Maybe, God want you to tell him all your stories to him. He already knows it.But maybe he would love to know from you. You can talk to god everything, You knows that? He a loving god. You can honesty told him everything, your feeling. Some of it you might feel ashamed or guilty to told him. But you know, God understand our humans’ weekness. He created all of us. And you are not the one suffer with this cases. Others suffer too. God will understand you. And he will surely forgive you, You need to trust him will all your heart. Ask god to help you with everything you struggling at. God bless you!

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

the_alt of god land

Oh honey, I was wrong
I wanna give a hug
Wait I gotta question
Something’s wrong
(question / my soul)

I’m not the judge
But how would you know

I’m in love with Jesus
Long as I have my Jesus
I belong to Jesus
I’m in love

Thank you for sharing! Fear of selling one's soul is a very common obsession among Christians with scrupulosity/religious OCD. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling so badly with this obsession. I think you have the right idea, though - the best thing you can do is to keep moving forward, to say, "Even if my OCD is trying to tell me that I've sold my soul, I'm still going live my life productively, and choose to follow God anyway." OCD tries to distract us and get us to ruminate about the (untrue) fears it sends us, but if we refuse to get sucked into that cycle of rumination, it helps take away the power of the OCD. There's SO much I could say about OCD and how it works, and I'm willing to talk more about it if you'd like. For now, I'll leave you with two resources to explore:
OCD & CHRISTIANITY – CHRISTIANITY (Read the blog posts, too!)
Christianity and Anxiety Disorders - Let's Talk (This FB group has lots of people with OCD, and you can ask questions from others who struggle with similar things.)

Upvote 0

Hopeful37

Mar 20, 2020
Somewhere
✟49,318.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for sharing! Fear of selling one's soul is a very common obsession among Christians with scrupulosity/religious OCD. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been struggling so badly with this obsession. I think you have the right idea, though - the best thing you can do is to keep moving forward, to say, "Even if my OCD is trying to tell me that I've sold my soul, I'm still going live my life productively, and choose to follow God anyway." OCD tries to distract us and get us to ruminate about the (untrue) fears it sends us, but if we refuse to get sucked into that cycle of rumination, it helps take away the power of the OCD. There's SO much I could say about OCD and how it works, and I'm willing to talk more about it if you'd like. For now, I'll leave you with two resources to explore:
OCD & CHRISTIANITY – CHRISTIANITY (Read the blog posts, too!)
Christianity and Anxiety Disorders - Let's Talk (This FB group has lots of people with OCD, and you can ask questions from others who struggle with similar things.)
I find this group very helpful.

Upvote 0

Gkst

Jun 5, 2020
Bangkok
✟18,308.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know either you can sold your soul or not. But I know that our god is great and everything is possible in him. Even you sold your soul, just repent and pray to god. Seek him. God can take it back. He a powerful god. Don’t let the enemy lies to you. I means they will try to let you think that god forsake you, but no he always waiting for us to seek him, turn to him. He will forgive you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gkst

Jun 5, 2020
Bangkok
✟18,308.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God understand all your life’s story. Confess your sin and trust in him. He will always with you.

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
1 John 4:16

Actually,I have go to a random bible verse website and pray to god to give me some of bible verse to you. I just click random and this bible verse come.At first,I ignore it because I don’t know clearly how it relate so I continue just like ten times clicking and pray again and then this pop up again. I don’t know are this coincidence. But you know, There a lot of bible verse and this just get pop up double.
“Who can hide in secret places so that I cannot see them?” declares the Lord.
“Do not I fill heaven and earth?” declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 23:24
Maybe, God want you to tell him all your stories to him. He already knows it.But maybe he would love to know from you. You can talk to god everything, You knows that? He a loving god. You can honesty told him everything, your feeling. Some of it you might feel ashamed or guilty to told him. But you know, God understand our humans’ weekness. He created all of us. And you are not the one suffer with this cases. Others suffer too. God will understand you. And he will surely forgive you, You need to trust him will all your heart. Ask god to help you with everything you struggling at. God bless you!
Hi, I'm the one who write those reply. That my another account. I just worried so much that my messages might hurt you in someway.Because of the scripture I quote from Jeremiah 23:24, It might make you feel not so okay. I would honestly said that in that time I really pray to him. And this bible verse went on. I just want to obey him. But for your information, I just on the way trying to seek him and learn more.Alot of time my prayer didn't get answer. And I also on the way learning alot of things.And also after I used random bible verse, alot of time the same bible verse appears.What I trying to say is if that makes you didn't feel okay, You don't need to worried about it. God is the god of loves. He will forgive you, if you confess your sin and repent with all your heart. He always with us, We just need to trust in our god. It might look weird that I wrote this, but after I realized that random bible verse have appears the same bible verse so often, And in that times I prayed likes "next verse" "next5verse" "next10verse" somethings likes that. I means I pray alot but it appears twice. I just feel anxious that you might not feel okay, so I want to explian and sorry
#sorry for my english

Upvote 0