Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If anyone feels inclined, I invite your thoughts on what this might mean. The pattern of numbers in Revelation exactly match the pattern written in John's Gospel chapter 4. in the dialogue between the Woman and Jesus. The pattern as written in the book of Revelation is below.

Rev 17 9-19
9 “This calls for a mind that has wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which
the woman is seated; also, they are seven kings, 10 of whom five have fallen, one is living, and the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain only a little while. 11 As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction.

The words in red match the story of the Samaritan woman and Jesus. Notice how when they end the story it seems to begin the beasts story. "as for the beast" as if what was written before wasn't the beast. The Samaritan woman and Jesus in the Gospel is below

John 4 16-19

16 Jesus said to her, “Go, call your husband, and come back.” 17 The woman answered him, “I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You are right in saying, ‘I have no husband’; 18 for you have had five husbands, and the one you have now is not your husband. What you have said is true!” 19 The woman said to him, “Sir, I see that you are a prophet.

In the Samaritan woman's story so far there is the five who have fallen and the one that is now.
Also note that the History of Samaria is also a pattern of the same history as the woman. Samaria had five pagan nations invade them in their history. Each invasion set up their own Pagan king and pagan religious practices. The pagan king at the time Jesus spoke to the Samaritan woman was the sixth. This is most likely why Jesus calls her 'Woman'. She is Samaria.

Rev 17 9-19
9 “This calls for a mind that has wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which
the woman is seated; also, they are seven kings, 10 of whom five have fallen, one is living, and the other has not yet come;

Notice the story in John's Gospel describes a scene that is exact to Revelation. The Samaritan woman is waiting for a messiah "yet to come" And Jesus tells her that He is the one she waits for. She was waiting for a Messiah and Jesus told her he is the Messiah she has been waiting for. That would make Jesus the seventh King. Read that part of the story below.

John 4 25
25 The woman said to him,
“I know that Messiah is coming” (who is called Christ). “When he comes, he will proclaim all things to us.” 26 Jesus said to her, “I am he, the one who is speaking to you.”

Rev 17 10
when he comes, he must remain only a little while.

Jesus did just that. He stayed a short while. After the woman and 'those who believed because she believed' accepted Jesus as their Savior they asked Him to stay but He only stayed two days.

John 4, 39-40
39 Many Samaritans from that city believed in him because of the woman’s testimony, “He told me everything I have ever done.”

40 So when the Samaritans came to him, they asked him to stay with them; and he stayed there two days.

Jesus was going to the cross. For some the cross is a stumbling block and they see nothing more than a man going to his destruction. Continue below.

Rev 17 11
11 As for the beast that was and is not, it is an eighth but it belongs to the seven, and it goes to destruction.

For unbelievers Jesus is the beast. For believers the antichrist is in truth the beast. Think of the two witnesses and how the unbelievers respond. The two witnesses are beasts to the unbelievers. They rejoice when the two witnesses lay dead in the streets.

The seventh king is antichrist the imitator of Jesus, but also Jesus who, for the woman at the well, was yet to come, but when He did come, He stayed a short while, He was going to His cross and what would seem like destruction to unbelievers. For antichrist as seventh king, is wounded and comes back to go to his destruction. But Jesus is the eighth in the resurrection and one of the seven to the new believers at the well. Note, for antichrist as the eighth king goes to his destruction. For Jesus, as the seventh king goes to the cross (destruction)and is the eighth that is the True resurrection for those who believed in Him at the well. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Has anyone noticed this before? Is there any previous commentary?

It seems the pattern in John's Gospel is repeated in John's Revelation and a clue to the antichrist's deception as the messiah?

Does this add any meaning to the current interpretations of the Antichrist?

Last edited:

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Your post reminds me of a dream I had last year meeting Jesus.

In that dream, I was introduced to Christ and the first impression I got is "Beast". In my mind, I was referring to Christ as the beast.

And then Jesus transformed into a person (and was no longer a beast) and we went to the water well and talked. Jesus tested me at the well.

I guess this is all figurative but then I referred to Christ as a beast and we were at the water well too.

Strange coincidence.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Myth only points, Truth happened!
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is a very interesting coincidence. The well in your mind might be the place of conversion? It was for the Woman and those who accepted Jesus as Savior. Look at the story at the well and Jesus teaches that the water He gives is eternal life and also the Holy Spirit.

Your dream is very awesome.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi A71, most definitely not for Christians. Maybe for those who hate Christians. Christians are like a conscience the world wants to deaden. To unbelievers Christians are part of a primitive past that we all must transcend. Jesus may be a beast to them?

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if you think Jesus is the beast, I would suggest fasting and prayer
What makes you think that Jesus would be a beast to me? The beast is the antichrist to me. As a Christian I have noticed that I am a beast to some unbelievers. I've experienced hate for no other reason than that I love Jesus. I'm sure you have to.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if you think Jesus is the beast, I would suggest fasting and prayer
You got me thinking A71. I think to the Scribes and Pharisees Jesus was the beast. To the enemies of Christ, those who kill the martyrs through out history, Jesus is the beast

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,934.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is a very interesting coincidence. The well in your mind might be the place of conversion? It was for the Woman and those who accepted Jesus as Savior. Look at the story at the well and Jesus teaches that the water He gives is eternal life and also the Holy Spirit.

Your dream is very awesome.

Thank you. The setting in my dream is probably the same well Jesus talked with the Samaritan woman. The placed looked as it seems like 2,000 years ago. People there wore traditional, very old fashion clothing.

I like your interpretation!

Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hmmm it is 10am and heard/read the word beast since I woke. We have a lot of snow and the headlines are 'Beast of the East'. It is everywhere.

Just listened to a song someone posted and was a little offended at the lyrics as the were referring to God as a beast. I dnt even like typing that. Then this thread. I think there was even a mention in another facebook comment too.

Strange.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you Sam91. The song seems to demonstrate that God can be a beast to unbelievers. Your repulsion to it demonstrates how Christians are persecuted by the followers of the real beast. Those followers are unconscious of who they are working for, at least until he comes out of hiding and makes himself visible. imho

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Sam91. The song seems to demonstrate that God can be a beast to unbelievers. Your repulsion to it demonstrates how Christians are persecuted by the followers of the real beast. Those followers are unconscious of who they are working for, at least until he comes out of hiding and makes himself visible. imho
Well Jesus is also referred to as the Lion of Judah. In Job there is some powerful imagery too near the end. I think it is because of the terms in Revelation that it was a little unsettling. (It was a Christian song btw)

It is an interesting parallel that you found with the wording of the woman at the well and Revelation.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟417,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I do not think ANYONE will ever think Jesus is the beast. Remember what John told us. The law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ?

John 1:17

When Jesus returns in glory, every knee will bow and every mouth will say "JESUS IS LORD" right?

Philippians 2:10-11

Further, if you can see the small font in my signature, it quotes this:

"For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through him" John 3:17

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenneth Heck

Sep 13, 2019
Carlisle
✟17,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only place in the Bible where Jesus might be called a beast is in Rev 5:6, the Lamb with seven eyes and seven horns.

The analogy between the seven kings and the husbands of the Samaritan woman isn't totally accurate because she only had five husbands. The person she was then living with wasn't her husband.

Which five pagan nations invaded Samaria? I only count Greece, Persia, Assyria and Babylon.

Upvote 0

Eloy Craft

Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2018
Chandler
✟386,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Eloy, Thank you for such an interesting insight. revelation! This has been so helpful to my personal research on the Samaritan woman.
Heidi, I'm so glad you find it useful!. Of course you are most welcome. Thank you for your kind words.

Upvote 0