WOF ..what is it

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It seems you have one thing in common,the obsession with debunking Word Of Faith.

Let me make it clear; I am not obsessed with debunking Word of Faith, I am however obsessed with making it about Jesus Christ!! His name is called the Word of God, and He is not the Bible. The Bible is a testimony about Him, and was written by people inspired by God because they heard from God to tell people about Him who they heard!! And who the author's of the Scriptures heard, was the Christ whose name is called the Word of God.

Perhaps you are not thinking that is clear? So let me put it this way - Jesus Christ wants to have a personal relationship with you, which means that He wants to talk to you and wants you to listen to Him!! It's that simple, and that is what I am very obsessed with!!

So now, the problem I have with people saying that they are going to follow the Bible is that they are supposed to be following Jesus Christ!! Of course is they mean by saying they are going to follow the Bible, that they are actually going to follow Jesus Christ like the Bible tells them to do, then I'm fine with that. But if by practice, it turns out that they are reading the Bible, and doing what they think it tells them to do instead of seeking the small voice of the Lord, then they are not following the Lord, but indeed are leaning on their understanding of the Bible!

So I don't have a problem with someone saying they are a WOF person, and they are going to do exactly what the Bible says, and then seek the voice of the Lord like the Bible says and check it against the bible to make sure it is Him they are hearing from. If that is indeed what a WOF person is doing, great! I'm for that.

Yet I do have a problem with people reading the Bible, coming to the conclusion that Jesus Christ is in some far away place called heaven and they are left with the Bible, so they don't seek the voice of the Lord and don't listen to Jesus Christ, and don't seek the instruction He personally has for them. That person does not know Jesus Christ, and I feel I should tell them that so they are not one of the many that tell our Lord Jesus Christ on that day, "I cast out demons in your name, healed the sick in your name, and even prophesied in your name, and have Him tell them that He never knew them.

So it has nothing to do with whether you call yourself WOF or non-WOF, and everything to do with a personal relationship with the Lord, which would mean that you actually have conversation with Him, like you would with any personal relationship you have.

Have you never heard Him tell you, "I love you?" He does that! Have you never heard Him tell you to go to this chapter of verse in your Bible, and then He talks to you about what you just read, like a teacher covering a text book? He is called the Teacher for a reason. Have you hear Him tell you parables? It is written (Ps 78:1-3) that He teaches us with parables and dark sayings. So have you heard Him tell you things like:

If someone walking by the front of your house sees a piece of paper laying on your grass, picks it up and puts it in the trash, you might be grateful, but unless they get instructions from you, they are not working for you. You might ask them to work for you because of their concern for your property, but they didn’t know the purpose for the paper on your grass otherwise they wouldn’t have trashed it.
So it is with the Scriptures. I placed them on my front yard to draw people into My house so I can talk to them, but many, even well meaning people are trashing the Scriptures because they haven’t heard from me.

Do you have ears to hear?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
If you love someone you will love their words. (John 14:23)

Their words are expressions of what's in their heart. (Luke 6:45)

Word of Faith believers love the LORD and HIS words, and tend to take the LORD'S words literally.

IOW, WOF believe we should do what the LORD'S written words say.

When we seek the LORD about HIS words, it's to clarify what HE means, and how to walk it out step by step.

Some things don't need clarification and others do.

The LORD JESUS CHRIST said:

"22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. 24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:22-24

"Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." - 1 John 5:14

WHAT IS THE LORD'S WILL?
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." - 3 John 1:2

WOF have studied at length with prayer what the LORD'S will is and have been led by the SPIRIT of the LIVING GOD to these conclusions: http://www.christianforums.com/t7586769/

If anyone disagrees with WOF on what the LORD'S will is, we are more than happy to discuss scripture with you, and pray together with you.

We're confident that IF a respectful discussion is generated, and we all pray about the issues, the LORD can work HIS work of unity between us all.

Calling us heretics and off-track isn't respectful, but it is how the Pentecostals, Charismatics, and others were treated when they first stepped out to follow the leading of the LORD on new issues the body of CHRIST was overlooking.

Check out our conclusions in the link above and let us know what parts you'd like to discuss and pray over.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
K2K;

Well let's try to reconcile without harshness,often I am on auto pilot when WOF is the subject due to some very unkind things spoken.
I do not worship WOF,I Worship God the Father,God the Son and God The Holy Spirit.
God is a Spirit and can speak to us anyway he chooses.

God will speak to you in the simplest form needed to allow his Will for your understanding.
Christ said my sheep hear my voice,and to answer your question yes I know all 3 and able to discern them.
yet they are all God.

You must listen,you must know by inner witness and seldom but unmistakable is the Father.
We are lead in God's Word to know his Will.
In Church the Preacher can be teaching from one book and The Holy Spirit is showing me the topic in another one.
The Word is far more than a witness account.
It speaks to you it is God's written word.
The Word has content no man could have ever known,the foreshadow of Christ in the Old Testament
Has things no man could have ever written except by the Spirit of God.
As well the New Testament for example : the number of fish Peter caught with the resurrected Lord on the shore was 153 Hebrew translates IAM God.
As for me personally I believe Satan seeks to steal God's word or tear at it.
He uses the same old garden trick [ will you surely die] or really is the Bible a spiritual book or a rendition,
Of what happened?after all so many versions what is truth? Same question posed by Pilot.
if your Bible does not give you spiritual knowledge you have the wrong Bible.

Hope this clears the air and does not offend
God Bless

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Here is a explanation of the fishes from a Hebrew study on the net:
Why there should have been exactly 153 fishes in the net is a question which has puzzled commentators from the earliest time. Obviously the number had an esoteric significance, and by reference to the sacred canon of number and geometry this may be discovered. The parables and many of the episodes in the New Testament form the literary expressions of geometrical processes. This is particularly clear in the case of the 153 fishes. The key is the number 1224, which is the value by gematria of both to dikton, the net, and icthys, fishes.”. 1224 is equal to 8 times 153.

(1224 = dikton, the net = icthys, fishes)

Like all the important numbers, 1224 has correspondences both in gematria and in the ratios of metrology. The significance of this number as a symbol of the perfect creation may be inferred from the following examples:

1224 = Ho Kurios Ho Theos, the Lord God.

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
K2K;

Well let's try to reconcile without harshness,often I am on auto pilot when WOF is the subject due to some very unkind things spoken.
I do not worship WOF,I Worship God the Father,God the Son and God The Holy Spirit.
God is a Spirit and can speak to us anyway he chooses.

God will speak to you in the simplest form needed to allow his Will for your understanding.
Christ said my sheep hear my voice,and to answer your question yes I know all 3 and able to discern them.
yet they are all God.

You must listen,you must know by inner witness and seldom but unmistakable is the Father.
We are lead in God's Word to know his Will.
In Church the Preacher can be teaching from one book and The Holy Spirit is showing me the topic in another one.
The Word is far more than a witness account.
It speaks to you it is God's written word.
The Word has content no man could have ever known,the foreshadow of Christ in the Old Testament
Has things no man could have ever written except by the Spirit of God.
As well the New Testament for example : the number of fish Peter caught with the resurrected Lord on the shore was 153 Hebrew translates IAM God.
As for me personally I believe Satan seeks to steal God's word or tear at it.
He uses the same old garden trick [ will you surely die] or really is the Bible a spiritual book or a rendition,
Of what happened?after all so many versions what is truth? Same question posed by Pilot.
if your Bible does not give you spiritual knowledge you have the wrong Bible.

Hope this clears the air and does not offend
God Bless

A few comments on the above post:

• I tend to be direct and try to be logical. It's not meant to be harsh or to be a personal attack, I hope it doesn't come across that way.
  • Of course we worship God (Father, Son, Spirit) but there is something written about worshipping in Spirit and in Truth.
  • We can pick up all three personalities (Father, Son, Spirit) and I find it interesting listening to different Christians that hear from God. Some primarily hear from the Spirit, others from the Son, others from the Father. I primarily hear from the Son, and think it should be that way because the Father said, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased, 'Listen to Him'. So if the Father commands I should listen to the Son, I expect to, and try to, seek the Son Jesus Christ. Yet this morning I was hearing from the Father before writing this.
  • The term 'Inner Witness' bothers me alittle. The reason is that we should be able to actually pick up what the Lord is saying to us in "words", and Inner Witness does express that very well. One of the big problem discussed in the Bible is our dull hearing or even lack of hearing. "Inner Witness" seems to imply that it is ok to rarely or kind of listen to God. We need to practice listening to the Lord. WE NEED TO LIVE BY EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS (NOT HAS PROCEEDED) BUT THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD WHO IS ALWAYS WITH US! And for me, the phrase 'Inner Witess' seems to do a poor job of expressing that.
  • Now this statement "We are lead in God's Word to know his Will.", is where I see the big problem. If we believe that Jesus Christ is God's Word, and the Bible says He is, then the statement is obsolutely correct. Yet if I say the Bible is God's Word, to me, then I am turning to the Bible and seeking to follow the Bible instead of Jesus Christ!! The Bible was written to get us to follow Jesus Christ, whose name is the Word of God, because He owns the words of God! Yet it becomes clear that the statement above did not mean seeking Jesus Christ, but the Bible to know God's will for us. That my friend is wrong!! WE ARE TO BE FOLLOWERS OF JESUS CHRIST. THAT'S WHY WE ARE CHRISTIANS. YET GOD'S PEOPLE HAVE A HISTORY OF TRYING TO FOLLOW THE WRITINGS INSTEAD OF SEEKING JESUS CHRIST!!!
  • Which brings me to these statement, "The Word is far more than a witness account. It speaks to you it is God's written word." w The bible doesn't actually speak to you! Jesus Christ said, "He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God" (Jn 8:47) This was said to people that read and studied the Scriptures. So clearly, and according to the Scriptures, reading the Scriptures is not hearing God speak to you!!!
  • Yes, the Scriptures have "content that no man could have ever known" But the Scriptures were God speaking to others, not you, and they wrote down what they heard. So we can get an idea of the type of things God will say to us if we listen. So the Scriptures are good for study, reproof, and more, but we don't live by the Scriptures, which are words that proceeded out of the mouth to others. We live by every word of God that proceeds out of the mouth of God to us today!! God speaks to us, today. He spoke to others in the past. Reading what He said to them is not hearing Him speak to us today, though there is great meaning in what God said yesterday to others.
  • Now Satan's purpose is to keep you from knowing and following God. Jesus told the Pharisees their father was the devil, and yet they studied the Scriptures more than most. So a plan Satan can use to get you away from Jesus Christ is to turn you to following the Scriptures, and it worked and still works!! We see that with the Jews and we see that with the early church. Read Galatians, it's all about how after they hearing with faith, they turned back to trying to follow the writtings, and that because "some were disturbing them"!! So Satan's plan does not require that he change the Scriptures but keep you from seeking God by hearing with faith!! And the WOF movement can be used by Satan to accomplish that, by making the Scriptures the Word of Faith, instead of Jesus Christ!
  • So on this final statement "if your Bible does not give you spiritual knowledge you have the wrong Bible." Well, that is wrong. If your Bible does not give you spiritual knowledge, you aren't listening to the Lord your God. Your spiritual knowledge does not depend upon the Scriptures, it depends upon hearing God. You are supposed to take all things to the Lord in prayer. That would included what Bible He wants you reading out of. I have probably got 20 bibles, and He oftens has be pick up different ones. If He wants me doing an indepte word study He might have me pick up my interlinear Bible, with a concordance, and possibly a bible dictionary. But if He wants me away from the particular words and focus on the message behind the words, He might have me pick up a Living translation. And sometimes He has me pick up other writings. And sometimes we just go for a walk and talk, without any bible. I love my Enoch times with Him the most. Enoch didn't have a bible, but just walked and talk with the Lord. So if we are making it about the Bible instead of walking and talking with the Lord our God, we have it wrong!!
The first words I heard the Lord tell me were "READ YOUR BIBLE", but it was never ever about reading the Bible, it was about listening to Him and doing what He says and when He says it!! The Bible is not the WOF!! Jesus Christ is the WOF!! You have got to get that.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
K2k
How are we to know God's will?
Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.

The inner witness is simply the Holy Spirit imparting knowledge to us.
Yes we receive by way of verbal translation,but we also receive by seeing and knowing.

It would be prophetic in nature not always in present tense but at God's appointed time the past knowledge then becomes revelatory to God's purpose.

Have you ever known someone to suddenly preach?
Not a preacher but a person with the Spirit of God being made manifest for a witness.
The Bible verses flow from them as if they had total recall.

A spirit filled man has a pure undefiled message at times.
But what a mess when a man seeks to preach with his own ability,he prepares to deliver a earth shaking
Revelation!
Problem is God is not in it,he stumbles stutters and leaves his congregation looking for a quick door.
God is limitless as to his methods to carry out his Will.

If you hear from God Christ our Lord in a way that blesses you then God knows this and that is why he speaks to you in this manner.
With Elijah it was a still small voice,with Moses it was audibly with power and command and with Abraham it was the inner witness except for the destruction of Sodom.
One thing is certain no matter how you hear from God he will never tell you anything contrary to his Word.

James said all spirits are not of God and we must test what we hear,is it peacefully given undefiled?
Is it outside of God's nature? Is it contrary to his Word?

God's Word his living Word is our only foundation of truth,all else is sensuality earthly.

We are not so far apart on this,it may just be Symantec impression.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
K2K
In reference to your last statement,this chat has nothing to do with what group you follow.

It has to do with asking the question do you believe The Bible is the living infallible word of God?

If no that is your choice.

For me I do believe it is.

So we may agree to disagree on this subject.

Upvote 0