• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

WOF - Non WOF Problem

Discussion in 'Word of Faith' started by rmw8855, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmw8855

rmw8855 Robin 8^)

+3,562
    Word of Faith
    Single
    I would like to ask the WOF members a couple of questions. I am not asking on behalf of the advisors, but for my own information as the adminstrator for ET. Please do not use this thread to insult / flame any other members.

Would you prefer WOF to be a stand alone forum instead of part of the SF/C forum?
    • If yes, do you think it would solve the problem with the constant attacks against WOF?
    • If no, what do you think can be done to deal with the issue?
    If WOF & Non WOF are split off into their own stand alone forums, is there any purpose for SF/C to remain?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,900
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    This issue seems to come up at least once a year, or at least it has for as long as I've been here... :D

When I was on staff here, there were 3 or 4 times when it was suggested that we move WoF to its own congregational forum. I thought then, and still think now, that this is a mistake that facilitates and even encourages further division in the body of Christ.

Contrary to what some believe about me, I think discussing/debating various doctrines is encouraging when done in a respectful, honest way. However, I don't think that most of the discussions that we have here at CF are either respectful or honoring toward one another. THAT, I believe, is the problem, and I am just as guilty as the next guy.

IMO, if we split apart, we are excusing this behavior, and sending each one to their own room without supper. This really doesn't address the core issue however, and will create, IMO, a false sense of "peace". In reality, the root issue will remain in us, because instead of dealing with ourselves, we just split up (again). That's not peace. It's silence.

Instead, I believe the onus is on us (ALL of us, WoF or non-WoF) to go to God, and ask Him to help us Love those who persecute us and say all kinds of evil about us. Like Neph said in the debate forum, we really don't have the right to get upset when people slander us and say all kinds of false things about us.

Not only that, but we need to begin to rightly discern THE BODY of Christ. Whether we're in doctrinal agreement or not, we need to see others as our brothers and sisters, not making it our goal to constantly point out flaws and correct one another's errors, but really listening to one another, learning from one another, realizing that each part of His body serves a different purpose and that NONE of us have all the answers. We are to be known as Christ's disciples by our Love for one another, not by our doctrinal perfection or agreement.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. Perhaps it sounds like an ideal that can never be achieved, but I believe that all things are possible with God.

:cool:

3. rmw8855

rmw8855 Robin 8^)

+3,562
    Word of Faith
    Single
    :thumbsup: I agree with you. It is the ideal and what we should all be striving for :)

The question is how to get there :D

4. TheBloodOfJesus

TheBloodOfJesus Guest

+0
    Changes have already been approved about a year ago, but were never implemented.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7253303/

The name of the "non-wof" still has not been changed. They admins said it would tale place as soon as the conversion was completed. It never happened.

The promotion of WoF to full Congregational status just fizzed out.

Of course given the fact that only a handful remain... I suppose it does not matter anymore. Too late now.
    The Non-WoF forum averages maybe one or two active threads a week, while the WoF forum does a little better. The main forum is pretty slow except for thread games. The debate forum gets busy sometimes.
    Some people suggest that moving debate to the subforum took away from the main. Others suggest that the entire CF community has diminished greatly in the last year or so.
    I am not sure making changes now would matter. As long as people are allowed to come and make repeated unstubstantiated accusations against others...
    Who needs that???

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2009
  5. pdudgeon

pdudgeon Traditional Catholic Supporter

+11,075
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    i would recommend that the debate forum be done away with.
    all it did was to add fuel to the fire, prolong the battle, and legitimize/excuse the presence of flames on both sides.

if all the posts in the main forum were held to the following standards we wouldn't have any problems:
    that quote is from the preamble to the CF rules. if it were put as a sticky in the main forum and all the posts were expected to conform or else be cited by staff, (and staff were committed to enforcing it) it would probably go a long way to helping foster good communication.

we have the tools already available to ensure that there is good and helpful communication for everyone in the Sf/C forum. But all the tools in the world won't help if they aren't utilized.:wave:

6. rmw8855

rmw8855 Robin 8^)

+3,562
    Word of Faith
    Single
    Technically the debate forum is subject to the same rules :)

I agree though, the rules are only any good if they are enforced.

7. hislegacy

hislegacy Respect to those who we lost

+10,236
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Another suggestion would be to sticky the two or three hot topics - If you eliminate Healing, Faith and positive confession, 99% of the fight is gone.

By creating a sticky for each - anyone opening a repetitious could be directed to post there by staff -

This way, everyone can have their say and we would not be opening the same arguments time after time.

A search of the history of the most volatile threads will reveal an enormous amount of information - it will show that the OP's are authored by an extremely small percentage of posters and that the threads are duplicates of others from just months ago.

These threads promulgates until there is an all out word battle that always ends the same. Threads being closed, and staff action. Followed by 90 to 120 days of relative clam and then the whole thing starts again.

I think the vast majority of poster want peace and open debate - I would welcome lively debate.

There are several who are not interested in debate or peace. That's why I have my signature - The link, I believe shows the validity of the claim.

8. TheBloodOfJesus

TheBloodOfJesus Guest

+0
    Good idea.
    We should compile a list of these topics.

9. rmw8855

rmw8855 Robin 8^)

+3,562
    Word of Faith
    Single
    That is a great suggestion Balance :thumbsup: Staff would definitely have to be diligent about keeping it cleaned up though since most threads on these subjects get closed or deleted for rule violations.

10. pdudgeon

+11,075
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    but in practice that has not been the case. the excuse is always 'Oh but it's in the debate forum, so the usual rules are relaxed to allow for debate."
    and they've been 'very relaxed' on occasion.;)

that's why i said get rid of the debate section. it hasn't worked.

11. the.Sheepdog

the.Sheepdog You must be born again!

+1,411
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    well, if other denominations want to debate calvinism or whether dunk or sprinkle dont they go to GT? why not let those that want to argue do so there?

12. ~RENEE~

~RENEE~ Legend

+1,133
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    for that to work you would have to deal with a few certian posters that are intent on proving WOF wrong with a passion

13. pdudgeon

+11,075
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    honestly, part of the problem is that they won't listen to the response when they ask a question of us. as a result we do get tired of offering responses based in scripture again and again and again.

14. probinson

probinson Legend

+1,900
    United States
    Word of Faith
    Married
    US-Others
    Why not nix the debate forum in favor of a fellowship forum?

I mean, having a debate forum is practicially begging for disagreement, which seems silly. Why not just have a regular forum for normal conversation and respectful debate (without the name "debate" in its title), and a fellowship forum to encourage cross-belief FELLOWSHIP instead of constant disagreement and debate.

:cool:

15. pdudgeon

+11,075
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Republican
    there ya go.:thumbsup:
    that's two votes, maybe 3 (i think?)to eliminate the debate forum.

16. TheBloodOfJesus

TheBloodOfJesus Guest

+0
    All it does is provide a platform for the anti-wof to spread lies and false stories.

17. hislegacy

+10,236
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I vote for removing the debate forum also

18. ~RENEE~

~RENEE~ Legend

+1,133
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Others
    if the debate forum is removed then the we are right you are wrong threads will be taken to the main forum. Unless Pete's suggestion of stickiing the main threads are done

19. rmw8855

rmw8855 Robin 8^)

+3,562
    Word of Faith
    Single
    The whole reason for creating the debate subforum in the 1st place was so that all the fighting was removed from the main forum (out of sight out of mind)

20. hislegacy

+10,236
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    IMO - that is why it is not working.

I have nine kids - if a couple are consistently fighting - we don't bring in peace by moving their bedrooms to the garage. We enforce the house rules stricter.

You will not insult, belittle, mock, or personally attack:
    other members
    or groups of members.

Use of derogatory nicknames in reference to other members is prohibited. Don't goad another member
    or start call-out threads.

This flaming rule also applies to public religious figures.

If we could just enforce this rule, it would stop a majority of what is consistently happening.

That is my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.