United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL...
I would have to argue with the Lord about that one..(something I have been known to do).
If I beat the crap out of my own kids out in my front lawn and then required them to express their thankfulness and praise me for it. And I administered said beatings for the sole purpose of having my neighbors comment on how much my kids loved me and what a glorious father I must be...
I would be taken away.
I know what you mean.

But I think the point, at least that I got from what God was saying to me, is that no one here really believes that God is a child abuser. So for me to say that they do is to intentionally misrepresent what they believe, ironically, the same thing that frustrates me when it's done to me... ;)

:cool:

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

What can you do with this sort of disembling and obfuscation?
It is frustrating for WoFers because so much of what is presented in the name of WoF is just false.
I have been trying to explain what I do believe and ignoring the things that are said that are completely false. That way, when an objective reader comes along, they can see a difference and decide for themselves.

That's what it all boils down to, for me anyway. It's not my job to make people believe. All I can do is present what I believe to the best of my ability, and allow the Holy Spirit to lead people to the Truth.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know what you mean.

But I think the point, at least that I got from what God was saying to me, is that no one here really believes that God is a child abuser. So for me to say that they do is to intentionally misrepresent what they believe, ironically, the same thing that frustrates me when it's done to me... ;)

I understand....
Usually the Lord just taps His fingers and says "just do what I said."

I should know better...^_^

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
YES5.jpg

Does that make me WoF? or just Christian? Bless me I just fail to understand such division in the body! But I will tell you this: If WoF and those dear loved membes here are spurned, I shall change my icon just that quick to WoF and stand with you.

That's just what I did do![/quote]

Good enough for me! I love you people and would give my all for you. I judge folks by their fruit and their hearts and not by icons! But that said, I have read it, listened to it, watched it, tested it and believe it Praise God! From now on my icon is a gold shield!

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Good enough for me! I love you people and would give my all for you. I judge folks by their fruit and their hearts and not by icons! But that said, I have read it, listened to it, watched it, tested it and believe it Praise God! From now on my icon is a gold shield!
LOL
:thumbsup: Welcome!!

We got a sheepdog :D

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It does me good to see some from the non-WoF see things this way also.

I'm not a fan of the debate forum. But I don't see the need to further fracture an entire group of people because of the aggressive posts of a few.

Just go to the Debate forum-look at who is opening the intentionally controversial threads and you will see that only 2 or 3 people from both sides of the wof-nonwof beliefs are engaged in verbal combat. Make them individully responsible for their actions and the problem will go away.

Praying that the mods would gain wisdom and boldness!

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are trying folks. Following the letter of the law is easy, reaching for the spirit of the law is sometimes a bit more elusive. For me, I try to moderate in love and compassion as I am so guilty of so much worse than anything posted in this forum on an almost daily basis. God continually forgives and renews me daily and blesses me beyond my ability to understand. "He who forgives much is forgiven much".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Hugs-2.jpg

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I haven't been in this forum for a long time, but hiving off the debate seems to have worked. It means I can be on the WoF forum and be genuinely upbuilt and enjoyt myself.

And when I feel like an argument, I have somewhere to go.

I vote no change...

Blessings,
Ben

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.