• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

With a Trump hat and a pistol, man shows up at school shooting scene to ‘make America great again

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Go Braves, May 19, 2018.

1. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+18,699
    Agnostic
    Single
    Fair enough -- these days you can excuse just about anything if you wave a flag and shout "MAGA!" often and loud enough...

2. majj27

majj27 Mr. Owl has had quite enough

+2,818
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    That seems to be the case. Just ask Franklin Graham.

3. TLK Valentine

+18,699
    Agnostic
    Single
    So do I, and I live in NJ.

4. TLK Valentine

+18,699
    Agnostic
    Single
    It would seem he's found his golden calf.

5. Vylo

Vylo Stick with the King!

+4,761
    Atheist
    US-Others
    No mass shooting, but you can try again.

6. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+6,326
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Well if long bows count...

7. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,818
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Well actually, yes there was.

Battle of Agincourt - Wikipedia

"This battle is notable for the use of the English longbow in very large numbers, with the English and Welsh archers forming up to 80 percent of Henry's army. The decimation of the French cavalry at their hands is regarded as an indicator of the decline of cavalry and the beginning of the dominance of ranged weapons on the battlefield."

8. Zoii

Zoii Well-Known Member

+3,419
    Australia
    Seeker
    Single
    smh

9. TLK Valentine

+18,699
    Agnostic
    Single
    Technically, a "mass shooting" is defined (at least by law enforcement) as a single shooter against multiple targets... what you've got here is the Medieval equivalent of bringing a knife to a gunfight.

10. GUANO

GUANO Well-Known Member

+318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I wouldn't have done it--but I wouldn't call it "really, really poor judgement" because that's a subjective and inflammatory statement. But perhaps your vision cuts through flesh and bone and can see the evil in this mans heart---I mean, he must be, he's wearing a "Trump Hat", right?

11. majj27

+2,818
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    You really haven't read anything I've said beyond what you want to justify your reply, have you?

Let me try to be clear, and I'll use big, happy letters:

Openly bringing a firearm to the scene of a scene of a mass shooting where almost a dozen people have been killed is an incredibly bad, not to mention insensitive choice, and seems to be quite irresponsible. The hat is immaterial. The flag is immaterial. The choice to bring a weapon to that location is the only, and I will stress ONLY, choice that concerns me.

Now, if you think his idea was a super-neat idea, that's your business. I strongly disagree.

Regardless of that, though, please don't put words in my mouth. It's unnecessary and deceptive, not to mention very rude.

12. GUANO

GUANO Well-Known Member

+318
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I didn't see anything obnoxious. The only thing he said was something like "some simple support and a 'god bless you' would go a long way right now" and then he walked away because he obviously didn't want to be in the spot light. Like I said, I don't think what this guy did was 'smart', but it wasn't as dumb as these overreactions.

13. TLK Valentine

+18,699
    Agnostic
    Single
    The shoe fits.

No evil; just stupidity.

His intentions -- to politicize a tragedy -- were clear enough. Some people wear their heart on their sleeves; this guy wore it on his head.

14. majj27

+2,818
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Good point. Whenever I don't want to be the center of attention, I grab a large flag of some sort, strap a burner on and march to where there are a lot cameras.

15. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,746
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    He's just making sure no one forgets who the real victims are in all these shootings that keep happening.

Our precious guns.

16. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,669
    Atheist
    Private
    Either he's a total moron, or this was a false flag operation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Desk trauma

+6,326
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    That took longer than normal.

18. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,669
    Atheist
    Private
    ? :scratch:

19. JGG

JGG Well-Known Member

+2,041
    Seeker
    Private
    Is there something wrong with the spontaneous and impassioned celebration of a sacred, and truly uniquely American event like a school shooting?

20. Desk trauma

+6,326
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Bringing up false flag.