With a Trump hat and a pistol, man shows up at school shooting scene to ‘make America great again

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks to Twitter an idiot with a grand total of four people standing anywhere close to him has now become some type of statement about the President.

Uh huh

Not even MSNBC ran with the story, I wonder why?

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to Twitter an idiot with a grand total of four people standing anywhere close to him has now become some type of statement about the President.

Uh huh

Not even MSNBC ran with the story, I wonder why?

We can wear whatever accoutrements he chooses - we're all allowed to look as grand or silly as we choose. Often, we wind up doing more of the latter than the former, but we've never been a particularly classy species.

The bringing of a gun to a mass shooting scene, however, I find (independent of his outfit) to be flat out ill-conceived.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh? What’s your plan for stopping a gun-wielding criminal? A super soaker?

If it were me, it'd be making sure that a person is sane, competent, trained, and can pass a test on firearm operation, safe storage, and gun laws prior to let them acquire one in the first place.

An ounce of prevention as they say...

Unfortunately, the notion that a person should have to prove that they're proficient with firearm operation, and understand the law prior to having one, is considered a slippery slope to tyranny in the eyes of many.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

majj27

Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, the notion that a person should have to prove that they're proficient with firearm operation, and understand the law prior to having one, is considered a slippery slope to tyranny in the eyes of many.

The downside that comes with pushing an "all-or-nothing" frame on this (and there doesn't need to be one - it's a false dichotmy) is that eventually, it may well come down to one of two options: No restrictions, or repeal the 2nd. And if that happens, it will be a bloody mess. And I have no idea where the scales will fall on that, except that people will wind up dead over it.

Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, this isn't satire, though I sure do wish it was.

With a Trump hat and a pistol, man shows up at school shooting scene to ‘make America great again

So the first thought this grown man had was to get to the school where a mass shooting had just slaughtered kids carrying a gun. Most his age would be at work, and surely most his age possess more sense.

View attachment 229184 View attachment 229185

EDIT
Now, I didn't think it would be necessary to point this out, but apparently it is. This man didn't go there to confront the shooter. He said nothing whatsoever about that being his intention & from what I understand, the shooter had already been remanded by the time he showed up with his gun and his flag. According to what he said, he went to offer "support" & "MAGA" not as a wannabe hero.
Trump does attract the crazies . This doesn't even surprise.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
1) Nobody I know who is pro-control wants to take guns away from this magical group of "good guys" (which, ironically, seems to contain by default a good deal of the eventual "bad guys")

2) Do I want a legal gun owner in a store if a crime is happening? That's impossible to answer, because I don't know anything about them. Are they well-practiced, sensible, and likely to make good decisions, or are they liable to whip out their smoker and go LEEEROYY JENKINNSSSS!!!! all over the place?

3) Defining "gun owner" as "honest person who will lay down their life to protect me" is really, really disturbing. The one does not in any way require the other, and to idolize the mere owner of a gun as Guninator, Selfless Defender of All takes us into comic book logic.
Lol, Ok so you would have to know about the person before they saved your family. Let me say that if someone is about to kill my family, That I hope someone does go all leroy on whoever is about to harm them.
I am going to stop all these conversations on guns and this is my last post here, because I have better things to do than argue with people who wouldn't even protect their own family. :rolleyes:
I sure feel sorry for the innocent people you refuse to protect as you hand them over to be harmed...
Just so sad.

Upvote 0

majj27

Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Lol, Ok so you would have to know about the person before they saved your family. Let me say that if someone is about to kill my family, That I hope someone does go all leroy on whoever is about to harm them.
I am going to stop all these conversations on guns and this is my last post here, because I have better things to do than argue with people who wouldn't even protect their own family. :rolleyes:
I sure feel sorry for the innocent people you refuse to protect as you hand them over to be harmed...
Just so sad.

It would be nice if some folks would actually read and try to understand what I write as opposed to arguing with some imaginary me that said something else. That would be a nice change.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And as we all know, children, the only way, the only way to protect one's family is to get all the guns you can and be ready to blow someone away at a moment's notice.:preach:

It's so easy to kill someone, after all! Why do you hesitate, @majj27? Are you ... a coward?! :eek:

DISCLAIMER: That was sarcasm.

• Haha
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps he was trying to establish the truth of the matter. Lots of false information reported lately, in an attempt to generate narratives in support of abolishing second amendment rights.
Ah, an Alex Jones citizen journalist?

:doh:

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is not what I would call a smart move, even though I am sure he meant well.
Everyone who is against responsible gun ownership should consider their loved ones as they go out shopping or anywhere in today's society.
When someone who is crazy shows up and starts shooting people, Wouldn't you want a legal gun owner to be there?
This is a lot faster response time than waiting on the cops who then have to wait for back up before they storm in and will not usually do so anyway, at least right away.
Wouldn't you want a CCP holder to dispatch this person and save your wife and children or Mother and Father?
I am sorry but I do not understand some people's mentality. Guns are going to be available to criminals always, Banning them from the "good guys" only makes it worse.

I do not pretend to know the answers to this problem of how to keep crazy people from getting guns, However to punish the honest people who would lay down their life to protect you is not the right way.

Oh I'm far from sure he meant well. I think him showing up with a gun & a flag where there are traumatized kids & their families was not only super stupid showing zero critical thinking, but extremely cruel.

The problem isn't guns or gun manufactures, It is people and people are lost and needing Jesus Christ.

Well it's odd that countries that have a much smaller population of Christians have much lower rates of gun violence, but this isn't the debate for gun control. It's about one Trump supporter's idiotic antics.

Upvote 0

Strider1002

For when I am weak, then I am strong.
May 10, 2011
Pennsylvania
✟62,542.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ah, the irony of this thread. A bunch of sheep, too frightened to take the responsibility of defending their own lives, making fun of a man brave enough to defend not only himself, but others as well.
You can’t make this stuff up!

Upvote 0

majj27

Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Ah, the irony of this thread. A bunch of sheep, too frightened to take the responsibility of defending their own lives, making fun of a man brave enough to defend not only himself, but others as well.

He's not the freakin' Batman, dude.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Lulz. There was about as much bravery from that fellow as there is from you sitting behind a screen typing flames out calling other folks frightened irresponsible sheep. Again, he didn't go there to play the hero. The shooter was already remanded. He wasn't taking on any responsibility, he wasn't defending any lives. All he was doing was sticking his head up his butt, putting a MAGA hat on, grabbing the flag, and showing up with a visible gun near traumatized kids and their family right after a school massacre. You really can't make this stuff up. He's dumber & stranger than fiction.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lulz. There was about as much bravery from that fellow as there is from you sitting behind a screen typing flames out calling other folks frightened irresponsible sheep. Again, he didn't go there to play the hero. The shooter was already remanded. He wasn't taking on any responsibility, he wasn't defending any lives. All he was doing was sticking his head up his butt, putting a MAGA hat on, grabbing the flag, and showing up with a visible gun near traumatized kids and their family right after a school massacre. You really can't make this stuff up. He's dumber & stranger than fiction.

Uh, guys, I think after that last post chances are Strider is actually being satirical.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

He's more like this fellow who is a wannabe Batman
batman-fatman-in-fron-of-the-store.jpg

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Uh, guys, I think after that last post chances are Strider is actually being satirical.

Well, if I was reading those posts someplace else I'd intuitively assume they were satirical. On here a lot of posts are counterintuitive, on account of how even though they read like satire oftentimes the folks writing them then insist they're 100% serious. Poe's Law.

Upvote 0

majj27

Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

If that's true, then I missed it, and I apologize if I gave offense.

It's really, really getting hard to tell online nowadays. We need an Official Sarcasm Font. Or maybe a Color Of Sarcasm.

I vote magenta. Middle row, second from the right.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If that's true, then I missed it, and I apologize if I gave offense.

It's really, really getting hard to tell online nowadays. We need an Official Sarcasm Font. Or maybe a Color Of Sarcasm.

I vote magenta. Middle row, second from the right.

Poe's law - Wikipedia

"Poe's law" is based on a comment written by Nathan Poe in 2005 on christianforums.com, an Internet forum about Christianity. The post was written in the context of a debate about creationism, where a previous poster had remarked to another user "Good thing you included the winky. Otherwise people might think you are serious".[4] Poe then replied, "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is utterly impossible to parody a Creationist in such a way that someone won't mistake for the genuine article".[1] The original statement of Poe's law referred specifically to creationism, but it has since been generalized to apply to any kind of fundamentalism or extremism.[3]

/s is usually used for sarcasm but would work for satire too.

Upvote 0