1̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶3̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶4̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶5̶0̶ ̶6̶0̶ 70k new cases a day in the US

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I am not a doctor - just a layman. However, I would be very surprised if a fever would appear just hours after an exposure. Hope all goes well with you.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but here I am. :(

Thank you for your concern. I am holding it down today with lots of water and napping. Could be COVID-19, could be something else, either way I feel like I've been hit by a truck, so I won't be going out anymore for the next 14 days. I'll have to figure out some other way to replenish my essentials, like a lot of people are doing nowadays. Better to play it safe than to be foolish and get everyone around me sick. They don't deserve it any more than I did for just wanting to buy some bread.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the US doing so differently that it can't get a handle on this? Is it about top level problems of not doing enough or is it about bottom level problems where people are not listening and do their own thing?

We are blessed enough that it is both.

• Haha
Reactions: DamianWarS
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The masks need to have a better design. Of course this will make them more expensive. I used to use the cheap surgical masks when sanding, but I still got sawdust in my nose. I now use my 3M painting respirator which fits tightly and has a great dust filter. It is uncomfortable but I'm used to it now.
Not wanting to take from the limited supply of N95's, I went to the hardware store and got a P95. Same filtering, but with the addition of being oil resistant.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Projections would indicate that by the end of the week US will lead the world in the total cases of those infected with the virus. There is no indication of it slowing.

What is the US doing so differently that it can't get a handle on this? Is it about top level problems of not doing enough or is it about bottom level problems where people are not listening and do their own thing?
Our healthcare is privatized and profit driven. The beast must be set aside before we can act with compassion and unification.
Blessings

• Prayers
Reactions: DamianWarS
Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Projections would indicate that by the end of the week US will lead the world in the total cases of those infected with the virus. There is no indication of it slowing.

The US doesn't have the army in the streets forcibly removing infected people or physically locking them in their homes the way the Chinese did.

The rest is just math. The US has a large population so we will have a large number of cases. Hopefully the quality of medical care in the US will reduce the mortality rate.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,395.00
Faith
Pentecostal

We have far too many Americans who could care less about others. The youth of America don't care. The NY mayor is telling people to travel.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe there should be a healthy dose of skepticism with any news coming out of China. The following video which covers several things about the CCP that are rather note worthy.

I'm sure your right, either way the number effectively is a benchmark and the US is going to surpass it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not anymore -- not in hospitals that are seeing a high load already. There aren't enough masks left. In at least one hospital around here they're issuing one per day; providers have to make do with that.
Well desperate times... however it's not normal practise.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The US doesn't have the army in the streets forcibly removing infected people or physically locking them in their homes the way the Chinese did.

The rest is just math. The US has a large population so we will have a large number of cases. Hopefully the quality of medical care in the US will reduce the mortality rate.
Communist countries can enforce restrictions quickly. It will be interesting to see if it their model will be more effective to eradicate the virus. The US may be sitting at another 6 months where China have gotten it under control. Can the economy suffer that long?

Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure your right, either way the number effectively is a benchmark and the US is going to surpass it.
It would be worrisome if the USA had up to 10 million deaths as the China numbers may seem to indicate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's what PSA's (public service announcements) are for.
Uh, no (if I'm understanding you correctly) , PSAs are almost exclusively for head knowledge, and do pretty near completely zilch to untrain habits.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does this really make sense though? OK infected person exhales....mask stops or hinders virus from leaving his face area. One not infected wears the same mask and yet the outside of it won't stop the virus from getting him? How can one say it'll work one way and not the other?

because the particles are bigger, when you breath out your breathing the viruses plus moisture and such, when you breath in the viruses are by that point mostly by themselves. Think of it as a net that catches baloons filled with marbles that people are throwing one way, and the other way is people throwing marbles.

Upvote 0