• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured 1̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶3̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶4̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶5̶0̶ ̶6̶0̶ 70k new cases a day in the US

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by DamianWarS, Mar 25, 2020.

1. DamianWarS

DamianWarS Follower of Isa Al Masih Supporter

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    (March 25) projections would indicate that by the end of the week US will lead the world in the total cases of those infected with the virus. There is no indication of it slowing.

What is the US doing so differently that it can't get a handle on this? Is it about top level problems of not doing enough or is it about bottom level problems where people are not listening and do their own thing?

EDIT (April 4): Currently the US has the most amount of covid cases in the world and new cases are increasing everyday. 34,000+ new cases a day now.

UPDATE (June 26) 3 months later with a record high of 40,000 reported new cases daily

UPDATE (July 9) it has now climbed to 60,000 reported new cases daily.

UPDATE (July 11) cases have increase to 70,000 a day.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. thecolorsblend

thecolorsblend If God is your Father, who is your Mother? Supporter

+7,940
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+3,112
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    One must first assume the China numbers are accurate, and there's no reason to do so.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,017
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Actually the group that isn't taking this very seriously are the college students.

5. dzheremi

dzheremi Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian

+10,893
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    Yep. Those are the young people I'm talking about. I only saw one person yesterday who seemed to be in their 20s-30s wearing a mask at the grocery store. The rest were behaving as normal: not wearing masks, talking loudly with each other or on their cell phones, not respecting the 6' of social distance they should be maintaining (that I tried to maintain when I was there, and obviously couldn't).

6. Stabat

Stabat Stat Crux, dum volvitur orbis Supporter

+7,628
    Denmark
    Traditional. Cath.
    Single
    Same thing everywhere! Younger adults 15-30 y old ignores this virus and goes to parties as if there was no virus outbreak going on.
    This happens in Europe too.

Yes, some of us will die too, but the vast majority of the fatalities will be within other groups of people. This makes generation Z and millennials very irresponsible and guilty!

7. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,122
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I am not a doctor - just a layman. However, I would be very surprised if a fever would appear just hours after an exposure. Hope all goes well with you.

8. expos4ever

+4,122
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    First, I am with you on your assessment of the President. Again, while not a doctor, I have heard that masks do little to prevent infection, but they do assist in preventing spreading an infection to others.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. OldWiseGuy

+9,017
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Interesting. Folks at my store are keeping their distance, and many wear masks.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  10. OldWiseGuy

+9,017
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Why the mixed messages about masks? They either help or they don't. I don't get it. :scratch:

11. expos4ever

+4,122
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    It is not a mixed message:

1. The masks do little to prevent a healthy person from getting an infection.
    2. If a person is sick and, for whatever reason, has to, or elects to, go out, the masks (worn by the sick person) do indeed reduce the risk of transmission to others.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. LostMarbels

LostMarbels All-Lives-Matter

+3,698
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    It is basically so the individual wearing the mask doesn't spread anything. A n95 is a rating of 95% protection/filtration at .03 microns. That leaves 5% to get thru. Sneezing/breathing in a mask will catch most of the droplets. But covid-19 can get smaller than .03 microns, so it is just one of those things you get better odds if people do wear them.

13. A_Thinker

A_Thinker Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,833
    Christian
    Married
    I just saw a curve comparison ... and it looks like the US curve is bending just a little ... to the good ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. DamianWarS

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    24th was the highest at 11,000+, surpassing the 23rd with 10,000+ which surpassed the 22nd with 9000+. Today there is almost 6000 new cases and still climbing. The curve is only bending because the day isn't over.

The US has 60,000 cases and China 81,000 cases. 2 days ago the US was 40,000 so the curve right now is not looking promising. The US will surpass 100,000 cases, it's just a matter of time.

15. DamianWarS

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    Masks don't typically benefit the healthy and because of improper use masks can be more harmful to the healthy.

Someone sneezing, coughing, symptomatic should wear a mask, even if it's just allergies becuase a sneeze will spread whatever they have to whatever is around them. But someone who is not known to be sick, and has no symptoms doesn't need to wear a mask unless they are caring for someone who is sick. Because they are not symptomatic they're not spreading whatever they have through coughing and sneezing. But if they wear a mask the mask itself can become contaminated and if it's not handled correctly the user may be at higher risk not to mention how they dispose of the mask.

Masks are good for the sick, those recovering or those unsure or those treating the sick/recovering etc... They are not that useful for the healthy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. DamianWarS

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    Then you probably already had whatever it is that caused the fever before you went to get groceries.

17. DamianWarS

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    One must assume the same for the US.

One thing about communist countries is they can carry out restrictions quickly, mobilize a lot of people at once and use land for what they see fit. I doubt the US is going to have drones patrolling areas and when someone opens their door the drone tells them to get back in the house.

18. OldWiseGuy

+9,017
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    How do you know who is healthy and who is sick?

19. DamianWarS

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    You need to know how to use a mask for it to be effective for preventing. For example to take it off you must not touch the outside and go from the inside. It must be immediately disposed of after use in a closed container and hands must be washed immediately. It also should not be reused, it should be immediately thrown out and it should be changed frequently.

Health professionals will use a new one for each patient. I don't think if it's an effective solution for the healthy unless you know you will be exposed to a sick person, but after your visit throw it out immediately and wash hands. I see people doing all kinds of stuff with their masks that make them more at risk for wearing one.

To the sick, well they are already sick so touching the mask or handling it properly is less of a concern with the exception of disposing of it properly and promptly after use.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. DamianWarS

+2,394
    Christian
    Private
    Or those recovering or a known carrier of the virus. But if you don't think you're sick and feel good it's better not to wear one unless you are caring for someone who is sick.