Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are your thoughts my brothers and sisters?

Psychics In The Bible | Can A Christian Use A Psychic?

No. And, why would a real Christian who has been born again and has the Holy Spirit to guide him or her?

• Agree
Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No they should not. When the Israelites wanted to know something they sought the Levites, who were appointed by God for that task. Now, if God wants you to know something he will let you know or send someone. Never forget how angry God was against Saul when he sought the witch of Endor instead of God.

That is not to say being psychic is innately evil, but seeking them instead of God is. In a way it's like idolatry. A psychic person is born that way, God may use that person to reveal something to you but He will direct that not us.

(Speaking to the dead is evil )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have friend who has psychic abilities. She can sense things. She doesn’t do readings for a business, she doesn’t contact the dead, she doesn’t use tarot cards. However she will tell people if she senses things that she thinks they should know. She probably saved my life one time when she told me to get to a doctor because she sensed that something was wrong with my heart. It turned out that I had picked up a virus that had hit my heart and I was under 20% heart function. I just thought I was tired. BTW she is a Christian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanoy
Upvote 0

Haramis

Dancing on Rainbows
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2012
✟57,966.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I use tarot cards all the time.
You can channel the Holy Spirit in a lot of ways.

People who think a card is stronger than God are very seriously misguided. Their lack of faith tends to lend itself to Pharisee-like rigidity and condemnation of anything they don't personally feel comfortable with.

Reactions: jaybird88
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IMO the church over the last 500 plus years have tried to lead people away from having a one on one mystical experience with the Father. i think its what the faith is missing today.

What you are saying is true. Here is a video I just found of pope Francis and what he said about having a relationship with Jesus without the church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just after posting the video on the pope I noticed that it was my 459th post. I suddenly had this urge to look up strong's concordance for the number 459. I have never done it before but I felt there must be something in that number that refers to the pope, describes him or something. So I looked it up and you won't believe what I found!
Strong's Concordance
anomos: lawless, without law
Original Word: ἄνομος, ον
Part of Speech: Adjective
Transliteration: anomos
Phonetic Spelling: (an'-om-os)
Short Definition: lawless, sinful, illegal
Definition: lawless, wicked, without law.
HELPS Word-studies
Cognate: 459 ánomos (from 1 /A "no" and 3551 /nómos, "law") – properly, "no-law," i.e. lawless disregard for proper authority

Strong's Greek: 459. ἄνομος (anomos) -- lawless, without law

Upvote 0

jaybird88

Jan 6, 2015
✟42,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What you are saying is true. Here is a video I just found of pope Francis and what he said about having a relationship with Jesus without the church.
im assuming he is saying not to have a relationship with the Son outside the church. i couldnt disagree more, you cant let a group determine your relationship with the Most High.
you know most every mainstream church teaches this, not just Catholics.

Upvote 0