• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Witchcraft in the Church

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by Natsumi Lam, Mar 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason0047

Jason0047 Give in secret & you will be rewarded openly. Supporter

+4,695
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    But when we read the Bible, we see that even children can be demon possessed. Nothing is said at how they became possessed. Yet, Jesus was able to set them free. There was a man born blind, yet Jesus healed Him. I see someone claiming to have natural psychic ability as a partial influence of something demonic upon that person. In other words, the enemy can influence humans to believe certain things or to see things; Especially if those people are involved in the occult in some way.

But Jesus is the light of this world; He came into this world to save mankind and to shine out the darkness.
    I believe God can open people's eyes to the truth.

This is not in my timing, but in God's timing.
    I just plant seeds, and another waters;
    But is it God that gives the increase.

May you and your family be blessed in the Lord.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. lsume

lsume Active Member Supporter

+158
    United States
    Christian
    Married

3. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,953
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Metaphor, FD, simple metaphor.

4. Sistrin

Sistrin We are such stuff as dreams are made on...

+2,953
    United States
    Christian
    Married

Except they are not unexplainable. What causes you to believe that? God moves man through the power of the Holy Spirit.

5. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+10,299
    Christian
    Married
    So what witchcraft do you believe is occurring in the church?

Do you have some examples?

6. RDKirk

+10,299
    Christian
    Married
    There are a lot of drugs, like properly used antibiotics--that do actually resolve the cause.

7. RDKirk

+10,299
    Christian
    Married
    Yes, you do need to do that.

8. RDKirk

+10,299
    Christian
    Married
    What is the "Christian form" of witchcraft they were practicing?

What was the witchcraft you were practicing?

9. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+14,878
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Or in the case of one school/church friend I've known since high school, he's an angry 36 year old atheist edgelord who thinks he's being provocative and "cool" who thinks that posting images of baphomet and claiming to be a Satanist is "giving it to the man". I guess he thinks that he's going to get Christians to freak out and start some condemnation raid against him, and he can then feel self-righteous in his rejection of the religion of his youth. Or that's what it comes across. Personally, when I see his posts on my Facebook news feed it just comes across as acting out an adolescent fantasy as a full grown adult. He doesn't get the kind of reactions I think he thinks he was going to get.

-CryptoLutheran

10. ViaCrucis

+14,878
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Wicca is a modern syncretic Neo-Pagan religion created in the 1950's by a man named Gerald Gardner. A lot of Neo-Pagan religions are attempts to re-invent older pagan traditions, such as Celtic Paganism, or Germanic Paganism, or Hellenic Paganism (etc). Wicca is a mish-mash of generalized European folklore turned religious tradition. A lot of it has no basis in historic Pagan traditions from Europe, but is more of a product of contemporary romanticism, as opposed to serious historical scholarship.

But, no, Wicca isn't Satanism. They are utterly different things. The same way that Buddhism isn't Satanism.

-CryptoLutheran

11. ViaCrucis

+14,878
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Nobody is under any obligation to entertain absurd and insulting notions. I heard Linda said that Sally once knew Abby, which begs the question, do you hate puppies?

-CryptoLutheran

12. Tropical Wilds

Tropical Wilds Lord, beer me strength...

+1,109
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Hence the quotes around the word “unexplainable.”

13. Mollie1

Mollie1 John 3:16 Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,145
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single