Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Call it whatever you want, Wicca, Satanism, Black Magic, White Magic, Illusionist, Magician, Wizard or Sorceress, it all draws its power from the exact same place. I am not trying to make you mad, but the truth is simple. All of these roads lead to the same destination.

Well, Wiccans would agree because they believe all Gods are one God, Satanists either believe in anarchy and chaos via the absence of God or the supreme presence of an opposite to God that represents chaos, Black magic and white magic are terms used in fantasy novels and people outside of the scope of practice or extreme newbies, illusionists perform in Vegas, magicians believe in magic through science and knowledge, wizards isn’t a preferred nomenclature for any person in the field, and sorceresses are girls on Instagram who take emo pictures but their spellcasting ends at making ramen.

Every one of these groups and people knowledgable in this field can tell a difference between Wiccans who sit naked meditating in their backyard and a Voodoo Priestess who sacrifices a goat to find out if her family line is cursed. The way you approach these people the same way, you will have success reaching neither spiritually. Tell a Wiccan to stop sacrificing goats and a Voodoo Priestess to stop naked outdoor meditations and both will say “um, ok... No problem.”

All I’m pointing out is how silly it is to have self-professed experts who know everything about the supernatural and metaphysical... Except the basic terms. It’s like turning on Steve Irwin and having him say “Look at that shark! Or is it a giraffe? Maybe a butterfly... Whatever, they all live outside, they’ll all kill you.”

Want to speak intelligently about the power of magic and manifestations in peoples spiritual lives? Cool. Go for it. I’ll be the second one there to tell you some crazy things can happen, a lot of which is really not good. But speaking with knowledge in a subject typically mans you know what people call themselves and the different branches of practice and what makes them the same or different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi Family,

How do you identify those who are practicing witchcraft IN the church?

What do you do once you have identified said witchcraft?

How do you address the person?

What responsibility does the pastor have to the congregation to address the issue?

How do you believe witchcraft can impact the church?

~Natsumi Lam~

Well to start with, not everything people call Witchcraft actually is! Many Pentecostals and Charismatic are very liberal when they use that term. They often mention people who are controlling, manipulative etc. While those things are problematic they don't usually fit the definition of what Witchcraft is in the Bible which actually refers to various kinds of spell casting and the alike. The word itself that is used in pharmakia a root word where we get the term pharmacy, that word itself references the fact that people often would take various potions made from various plant products to enter states of consciousness for the working of magic, divination and so forth.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Family,

How do you identify those who are practicing witchcraft IN the church?

What do you do once you have identified said witchcraft?

How do you address the person?

What responsibility does the pastor have to the congregation to address the issue?

How do you believe witchcraft can impact the church?

~Natsumi Lam~

Hi. Just so I don't have to read through 8 pages of posts, what exactly are you referring to that some are practicing witchcraft in churches. Obviously there are no one practicing witchcraft in The Church, but are you seeing something in some congregations that give you pause? Like what?

If someone else who has read this thread knows, chime in.

Upvote 0

Zetetica

Jan 2, 2019
Canada
✟19,625.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do know for a fact Satanists exist and are not merely an urban legend, but they are mostly disturbed youth, often angry and using the symbols of pop Christianity. Wicca is another religion altogether, and should not be confused.
I was one and no, it’s not just made up of disturbed youth. Also, there are many denominations, though not as many as Christianity has. Finally, there are legitimate levels of it; the least being the “disturbed youth” you referenced.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Worshipping idols is a mortal sin in the old testament, but as Paul said:

copyChkboxOff.gif
1Co 8:4 - ...we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.

An idol is nothing. Those gods don't exist. They are a distraction.

And Yet Paul Goes On To Say Two Chapters Later In The Very Same Epistle:

What am I saying then? That an Idol is anything, or what is offered to Idols is anything?
Rather, that The Things Which The Gentiles Sacrifice They Sacrifice To DEMONS And Not To God, And I Do Not Want You To Have Fellowship With Demons.

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-20

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every one of these groups and people knowledgeable in this field can tell a difference between Wiccans who sit naked meditating in their backyard and a Voodoo Priestess who sacrifices a goat to find out if her family line is cursed.

The methods of practice may be different, but that isn't what I addressed. I said regardless of what term you call the craft it all draws its power from the same place. The wiccans in the backyard or the priestess with her goat are pawns of the same master.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The methods of practice may be different, but that isn't what I addressed. I said regardless of what term you call the craft it all draws its power from the same place. The wiccans in the backyard or the priestess with her goat are pawns of the same master.

Satan is a master of nothing, and it is sub-Christian to think he has some autonomous power that is not under God's providence.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is a master of nothing, and it is sub-Christian to think he has some autonomous power that is not under God's providence.

The Bible says that he Deceives The Whole World. He seems to be really good at deceiving people that's for sure:

So The Great Dragon was cast out, That Serpent Of Old, called the Devil and Satan, Who Deceives The Whole World; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
• Revelation 12:9

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi. Just so I don't have to read through 8 pages of posts, what exactly are you referring to that some are practicing witchcraft in churches. Obviously there are no one practicing witchcraft in The Church, but are you seeing something in some congregations that give you pause? Like what?

If someone else who has read this thread knows, chime in.

You dont believe that the church does not have Christian Witches that infultrate the congregation?

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Apparently the Enemy has enough power to kill, steal and destroy as a roaring lion waiting to devour.

He was able to infultrate Peter and Anninus and Saphira.

He offered Jesus his world.

We are to go into all the nataions and set the captives free which includes deliverance. The Enemy torments.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
For the same reasons I don’t think everybody who knows how to use a knife is murderer, I don’t feel like people who have innate gifts they are automatically evil. I use my knife to dice onions, not my neighbor, and I use whatever psychic skills I may or may not have as parlor tricks to weird out my MIL, not possess people or summon demons.

Ask yourself where the gifts come from if not from God. God will never give a gift like divination...it is an abomination and He does not controdict Himself.

Psychic skills not of God. Where are you getting your power from?

Just because you dont use you "powers" negatively doesnt mean others dont.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are children of the wicked one in this world. God The Father Knows who they are. It is unlikely that a witch would attend a True Christian Church without being rejected by God The Father. I once heard a testimony about a certain preacher who was, as I recall, doing a revival. There were some number of witches heckling the preacher as I recall. Anyway, the preacher asked The Good Lord to put them to sleep and to sleep they put. Considering who witchcraft follows knowingly or unknowingly is opposed to The Gospel.
Unfortunately, witchcraft and the new brand of Christian Witches do infultrate the church to divide and conquer. Best way to breach a successful congregation is to kill hope and trust, steal funds and joy and dystroy the foundation and unit from the inside out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ask yourself where the gifts come from if not from God. God will never give a gift like divination...it is an abomination and He does not controdict Himself.

Psychic skills not of God. Where are you getting your power from?

Just because you dont use you "powers" negatively doesnt mean others dont.

Divination is a practice, not an ability. Being good at divination is an ability. That can be equal parts natural ability and study, or more natural ability and less study, or all study and no natural ability. Like math, some people are naturally good at it, some people have to work hard at it.

And as guns rights advocates have led me to believe, if a few or even a very vocal minority are bad, that doesn’t mean I am and they aren’t reflective of the whole of the community.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the same reasons I don’t think everybody who knows how to use a knife is murderer, I don’t feel like people who have innate gifts they are automatically evil. I use my knife to dice onions, not my neighbor, and I use whatever psychic skills I may or may not have as parlor tricks to weird out my MIL, not possess people or summon demons.

Give me a biblical example to prove your case.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gonna circle back to how this area is kind of my area of knowledge, much like “Star Wars” and the regional availability of Doritos. I ran the largest online metaphysical forum on the internet for like a decade. I see things. I know things. Things like the basic fundamentals of the community which I gave a platform to...

The fact that you ran such an enterprise (and gave it power) makes you have a blind spot for not seeing that it is a problem.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nobody said it wasn’t magic, just that she wasn’t a witch practicing witchcraft. I have three boys and a husband who worked for like a decade in a comic book store. I’ve forgotten more about comic book timelines and superhero movies and alternate storylines and spinoff storylines and superhero cartoons than most people remember...

And that’s saying something because my fandom of supreme and ultimate knowledge isn’t superheroes. I could out “Star Wars” George Lucas in a Jedi contest on the Forest Moon of Endor.

You want me to find Biblical support for it a character in a comic book series being a magician instead of a witch?

I will look up what God says about the Justice League right after I look up the comparative value of leprechauns to unicorns. With St P’s right around the corner, that seems more pressing.

I am asking you to find biblical support for operating by some kind of supernatural or miraculous power that is not clearly from God as if it being okay with God. By what you said so far, you don't seem to think there is a problem with it. For one, you don't see there being any problem with psychics. Yet, is there any biblical support in being a psychic? Or does it seem more like a practice that is similar to those who are in sorcery or witchcraft?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The superhero thing was what I was ultimately correcting, though. Saying she’s a witch is like saying Superman has superhuman powers, which he clearly does not.

Zattana casts spells and is said to have magical abilities. In one of the comics it shows that she has Satanic books. These are direct things clearly shown by DC comics.

DC comics says this about the character, I quote:

"With a name like Zatanna Zatara, becoming a professional stage magician almost seems like an unquestionable career choice. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that the illusions she creates and the spells she weaves to dazzle the audience just so happen to be real."​

They also say,

"However, Zatanna is no stranger to the dangers of magic, having lost her father to the dark arts. Although this left her without a mentor and relatively inexperienced in the world of magic, it only furthered her resolve to stand against anyone seeking to use magic at the cost of others. But if Zatanna hopes to escape her father's fate, she'll have to quickly master her craft before facing down the world's most powerful mystics."​

Source:
Zatanna

In this website you can see image from the comics themselves of her using a book by Aleister Crowley (Who is a well known Satanist). You can also see the the Necronomicon, as well.

The religion of Zatanna (Zatanna Zatara)

Psychics, wicca, telepathy, and all that other junk is in the same camp as sorcery and witchcraft because they all operate from the power of the devil's kingdom.

Try putting these things out of your life for a while and just follow Jesus alone and see what happens. Ask the Lord to show you the truth on this topic. I know in time, the Lord will reveal the same truth to me as He will for you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.