William Tyndale - Regeneration precedes faith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ben johnson said:
Ha! I didn't say "compelled by God" --- I said, "compelled by conviction".

I get it , it's OK for human conviction to compell human will but NOT God! How bankrupt is that!

Conviction is saving-faith is belief. As Luke writes, Acts2:37, "they were smitten in conscience (pierced to the heart), and asked: 'What should we do?' Peter said, "repent and be baptized (they already believed), in the name of Christ Jess for the forgiveness of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit".

and God had nothing to do with this ''conviction '' ............ :doh:

Hey, peace, man. :p
Scripture says "love does not demand its own way".

"Zeteo".

:)
then I must have misread the scriptures that say "bind them hand and foot and cast them into the outer darkness ......................."

Upvote 0

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
I get it , it's OK for human conviction to compell human will but NOT God! How bankrupt is that!
It's not "bankrupt", if it's "Scriptural".
and God had nothing to do with this ''conviction '' ............
God had everything to do with this "conviction" --- but against your view of "conviction-INSTILLED", Scripture says that "the message is given to all, and conviction is personal choice"...
then I must have misread the scriptures that say "bind them hand and foot and cast them into the outer darkness ......................."
That's in Matt22:13 --- in the passage that describes Heaven as like a great feast; everyone was invited the same, but some REFUSED (prefering to farm or conduct business); it wasn't the CALLING that determined their position, but how they responded TO the invitation (coming, and clothing themselves with the King's righteousness).

"For many are called, but few are chosen" (Matt22:14) --- why doesn't that mean that "many truly called, refuse to BE God's chosen"?

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
card.gif