United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Major1 just nailed it right here.

I highly recommend every reader on this forum not to judge a book by it's cover but try and get to know each individual and examine their real motives within. 2 Corinthians 11:14.

Unfortunately most people here aren't aware of what's going on but a few of us have already figured it out.

Please don't encourage their works. You will know them by their love of the truth, how their beliefs line-up to scriptures.

Ephesians 5:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

1 John 2:18-20 New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 19 These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us. 20 But you are not like that, for the Holy One has given you his Spirit, and all of you know the truth.

I agree with you @Psalm3704!

After having done this for awhile, I can tell all of you that when you see someone who has an agenda which is outside of the Word of God, they will always repeat it over and over and over. It may come in different words but in the end it will always be the same.............
"Repetition fuels THEIR need to believe their false teachings."

You see, they have to keep repeating it so that they can stay convinced in their thinking. It is a form of "positive motivation" in that if you keep saying something, even when it is wrong, you will eventually believe it and then that thing become truth to you.

Thank you @Psalm for you comment and YOUR devotion to the truth of God's Word. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I did not mean to be offensive. Instead, I asked an extremely cogent question.
In that case, I will ask you an extremely cogent question: Have you personally examined the evidence you are speaking of, the account of Creation in the original Hebrew manuscript, or more than one English translation of the Bible, or are you just relying on what some preacher or a book or article told related?

If you fail to comprehend some of the words of the account or if you waffle and attempt to divert the discussion, it is clear you merely accept someone else's opinion without actual research.

The question implies your pre-arrived conclusion.
Biblewriter said:
I highly suspect that if you answer truthfully, your answer will be that no, you have not personally examined the evidence, but that it is taught in so many books, and by so many alleged teachers, that you have concluded that it must be correct.
You have already decided. That is the offensive part. And your statements demonstrate your view is superior to any other.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Major1 just nailed it right here.

I highly recommend every reader on this forum not to judge a book by it's cover but try and get to know each individual and examine their real motives within. 2 Corinthians 11:14.

Unfortunately most people here aren't aware of what's going on but a few of us have already figured it out.

Please don't encourage their works. You will know them by their love of the truth, how their beliefs line-up to scriptures.

Ephesians 5:11-12 New King James Version (NKJV)
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret.

1 John 2:18-20 New Living Translation (NLT)
18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 19 These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us. 20 But you are not like that, for the Holy One has given you his Spirit, and all of you know the truth.

I agree with you @Psalm3704!

After having done this for awhile, I can tell all of you that when you see someone who has an agenda which is outside of the Word of God, they will always repeat it over and over and over. It may come in different words but in the end it will always be the same.............
"Repetition fuels THEIR need to believe their false teachings."

You see, they have to keep repeating it so that they can stay convinced in their thinking. It is a form of "positive motivation" in that if you keep saying something, even when it is wrong, you will eventually believe it and then that thing become truth to you.

Thank you @Psalm for you comment and YOUR devotion to the truth of God's Word. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In that case, I will ask you an extremely cogent question: Have you personally examined the evidence you are speaking of, the account of Creation in the original Hebrew manuscript, or more than one English translation of the Bible, or are you just relying on what some preacher or a book or article told related?

If you fail to comprehend some of the words of the account or if you waffle and attempt to divert the discussion, it is clear you merely accept someone else's opinion without actual research.

The question implies your pre-arrived conclusion.
You have already decided. That is the offensive part. And your statements demonstrate your view is superior to any other.

I agree with your observation!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK, my 'opinion' is that when the Bible says 3 times that Jesus will Return accompanied by the Angelic armies of heaven, that is what will happen.
Your belief that the 'church' will be in heaven, [no scripture saying when this could happen, or even that it will] and comes back to earth with Jesus, is simply false. You willfully ignore the truth; why?

Care to name a 'teacher of the truth'? Maybe John Hagee or Jack van Impe?

NO! You are once again misquoting the Scriptures to support you personal opinion.

The actual words in Rev. 19:14 are.........
"And the ARMIES which were in heaven followed him on white horses, clothed in fine linen white and clean."

There is NOT ONE SINGLE word about "ANGELIC" to be found. That is YOUR addition to the Scriptures.

What I am saying is to read the words in that verse................
"ARMIES which were in heaven..........".

Since the Scripture DO NOT SAY ANGELIC armies, I personally believe that what is implied here is that the HOST of heaven at that time will be..........
1). The Raptured Church.
2). The Angels.
3). The spirits of the Old Test. saints.
4). The spirits of the myrtered Tribulation saints.

Do you really place yourself on the same level as Jack Van Impe???

Do you understand the meaning of arrogance and pride????

Now as for John Hagee. Let me ask you this. He is the Pastor of a huge New Test. church. He has lead thousands to Christ. Just how many people have YOU personally lead to Christ so that they could be saved from the judgment to come????? HOW MANY????

As a pastor he has officiated at more funerals than he can remember. How many people have YOU personally stood over at their funeral and gave encouraging words to the family who just lost their mother or father???? HOW MANY???

As a pastor, he has sat in more hospital rooms than he can remember. How many times have you sat with a mother and father while the doctor told them that their precious child of 3 years old has just died from cancer, and held them and allowed them to weep all over you??? HOW MANY TIMES????

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now as for John Hagee. Let me ask you this. He is the Pastor of a huge New Test. church. He has lead thousands to Christ. Just how many people have YOU personally lead to Christ so that they could be saved from the judgment to come????? HOW MANY????

I am one of those who accepted Christ while listening to John Hagee preach the Gospel on television. For several years after that my wife and I supported his ministry financially.

I was extremely disappointed to see his statements about modern Jews not needing Christ, because they already have a covenant with God.

Although I continue to love John Hagee, I cannot support his ministry if he is teaching error. I am also forced to expose his error, based on scripture.

Based on Galatians 1:6-9, there is only One Gospel.

Based on 1 John 2:22-23, nobody now comes to salvation outside of faith in Jesus Christ.

It is very difficult to speak the truth at times, especially when those we love are teaching error.

Paul had to correct Peter regarding the Galatian believers.

We are to make correction not with condescending words, but with the truth found in scripture.

All of us need to remember this fact, including me.

I have led others to Christ through the preaching of God's Word.
I have no idea how many.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Add the 'rapture to heaven theory' to those two fields. Any challenge to that cozy idea meets with virulent and personal attacks. But often this harsh reaction rebounds onto those who do it, because their unchristian hatred shows and the scriptures they use fail to prove their case.

Please discuss evolution and Creation elsewhere.

I have seen harsh criticism online, for both sides in the rapture timing debate. But the most harsh demonization I have seen online has almost always come from the post trib side, against pre-trib people.

The hard truth is, whether or not anyone is willing to admit it, that the Bible does not state the timing of the rapture, in relation to the tribulation period. All positions on that timing are based on interpretation. And this interpretation is often a matter, not of which scriptures take precedence in the person's thinking, but rather a matter of what the words used actually mean.

Post tribbers tend to assume that various different words all mean the same thing. and pre tribbers tend to think that every change in wording is significant. And this is the real basis of most of the debate. In many cases, if we assume that a specific word means one thing, one conclusion is obvious. but if we assume instead that the word in question means something else, an entirely different conclusion is obvious.

If more people understood this, fewer people would demonize those that come to conclusions different from their own.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Do you really place yourself on the same level as Jack Van Impe???

Do you understand the meaning of arrogance and pride????

As a pastor he has officiated at more funerals than he can remember. How many people have YOU personally stood over at their funeral and gave encouraging words to the family who just lost their mother or father???? HOW MANY???

As a pastor, he has sat in more hospital rooms than he can remember. How many times have you sat with a mother and father while the doctor told them that their precious child of 3 years old has just died from cancer, and held them and allowed them to weep all over you??? HOW MANY TIMES????

ALL arguments such as this are immaterial and totally invalid. Anyone can prepare a long list of great Christian leaders who have agreed with the conclusions they wish to advance. But what ANY man things is totally worthless. The ONLY thing that counts is what the Bible actually says.

So it is entirely reasonable and appropriate to argue that the Bible says (such and such) and this means (thus and so.) But it is neither reasonable not appropriate to say that (so-and-so) agrees with me, so it must be true.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ALL arguments such as this are immaterial and totally invalid. Anyone can prepare a long list of great Christian leaders who have agreed with the conclusions they wish to advance. But what ANY man things is totally worthless. The ONLY thing that counts is what the Bible actually says.

So it is entirely reasonable and appropriate to argue that the Bible says (such and such) and this means (thus and so.) But it is neither reasonable not appropriate to say that (so-and-so) agrees with me, so it must be true.

I agree completely. It is the Word of God where we find all truth.

And it is just as unreasonable to say that because I do not agree with so and so....I therefore am right and what I say must be true.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen harsh criticism online, for both sides in the rapture timing debate. But the most harsh demonization I have seen online has almost always come from the post trib side, against pre-trib people.

The hard truth is, whether or not anyone is willing to admit it, that the Bible does not state the timing of the rapture, in relation to the tribulation period. All positions on that timing are based on interpretation. And this interpretation is often a matter, not of which scriptures take precedence in the person's thinking, but rather a matter of what the words used actually mean.

Post tribbers tend to assume that various different words all mean the same thing. and pre tribbers tend to think that every change in wording is significant. And this is the real basis of most of the debate. In many cases, if we assume that a specific word means one thing, one conclusion is obvious. but if we assume instead that the word in question means something else, an entirely different conclusion is obvious.

If more people understood this, fewer people would demonize those that come to conclusions different from their own.

And that has been my experience as well.

It always seems that the conversations begin with a well meaning attitude. But as post after post begins to show that the Posttribbers can not support their theology with the Bible, their attitude becomes more and more "personal".

Just today, one of our friends, out of the blue made the personal comment that questioned the integrity of Pastors John Hagee and Jack Van Impe.

The exact words were......
"Care to name a 'teacher of the truth'? Maybe John Hagee or Jack van Impe?"

Surely that is beyond the pale of what is acceptable debate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am one of those who accepted Christ while listening to John Hagee preach the Gospel on television. For several years after that my wife and I supported his ministry financially.

I was extremely disappointed to see his statements about modern Jews not needing Christ, because they already have a covenant with God.

Although I continue to love John Hagee, I cannot support his ministry if he is teaching error. I am also forced to expose his error, based on scripture.

Based on Galatians 1:6-9, there is only One Gospel.

Based on 1 John 2:22-23, nobody now comes to salvation outside of faith in Jesus Christ.

It is very difficult to speak the truth at times, especially when those we love are teaching error.

Paul had to correct Peter regarding the Galatian believers.

We are to make correction not with condescending words, but with the truth found in scripture.

All of us need to remember this fact, including me.

I have led others to Christ through the preaching of God's Word.
I have no idea how many.

You are absolutely correct my brother. I have read his book in which there is this...........

“If God blinded the Jewish people to the identity of Jesus as Messiah, how could He send them to hell for not seeing what he had forbidden them to see?”

He goes on to say....
“All people will gain entrance into heaven through Christ. The question is one of timing.”

Now then, “all people will gain entrance into heaven through Christ,” says that he is either advocating universalism (literally all people — Jewish and Gentile — will be saved), or he believes that all Jews will be saved. In either case, both positions are in serious error, but the latter is more consistent with his other statements.

The “timing” of the salvation of the entire Jewish nation is actually irrelevant to Hagee’s argument since he advocates that it is a waste of time attempting to convert them. At best, then, Hagee implies that even if they are not currently saved, God will save all Jewish keepers of the Law — past, present, and future — at some future point.

Now, while that may be true, someone who has not come to Christ and is not saved TODAY who is Jewish, will have no recourse except hell if he dies in his sin. It matters not one little bit what may happen to the Jews in the Tribulation Period when applied to our salvation TODAY.

However.........that is not what I was referring to in my comment. I was focused how he as a pastor, his theology on Israel not with standing operated as a PASTOR in his caring for his people.

He could not remain a pastor if he had not over these years showed love and compassion for his people. That was my point.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
NO! You are once again misquoting the Scriptures to support you personal opinion.
The actual words in Rev. 19:14 are.........
"And the ARMIES which were in heaven followed him on white horses, clothed in fine linen white and clean."
There is NOT ONE SINGLE word about "ANGELIC" to be found. That is YOUR addition to the Scriptures.
Your vehement objections are again overruled.
I was quoting the three proofs of Jesus Returning with His heavenly armies. Matthew 24:31 says angels are with Jesus.
Your desperation and willful desire to make scripture fit your rapture belief, destroys your own case.
And asking other Christians to prove their works is extremely un Christian of you.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your vehement objections are again overruled.
I was quoting the three proofs of Jesus Returning with His heavenly armies. Matthew 24:31 says angels are with Jesus.
Your desperation and willful desire to make scripture fit your rapture belief, destroys your own case.
And asking other Christians to prove their works is extremely un Christian of you.

Do you live just to find an argument? When I read just your words in this one post, it shows all of us your in-Christian attitude.

You see, no post tribber can debate without getting personal when the truth convicts them.

You are no different.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are no different.
And you are no different from all the avowed rapture believers. You are unable to prove your case with scripture and when proofs refuting such an unbelievable notion are presented, you avoid them and get personal.

What actually will happen: as Written, will be far more satisfying and fulfilling for us Christians than escaping away from it all. We get to do what God always wanted His people to do, we will experience His blessings and fulfil our destiny right here on earth.
Thinking anything else is contrary to the Bible.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You see, no post tribber can debate without getting personal when the truth convicts them.

Watch out now, you are painting with a very broad brush.

I promise to love you, even when you are wrong.

I have been called "liar", "baby", "helper of Satan", "anti-Semitic", "Jew-hater", "hard-headed", "Billy-goat", etc. on this forum. Guess which side those comments usually came from?

There are some who almost always resort to name-calling, when they cannot get others to accept their doctrine.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
. And as my research continued, I found two fields in which dissent was energetically quashed. In each of these fields, only the "majority" view was allowed. Dissent was not only scoffed at, but energetically condemned.

And these two fields were evolution and global warming. in both of these fields, anyone daring to even question the "consensus" view was energetically attacked. These very attacks prove that these ideas are not based on rational thought, but on chosen beliefs.

Rather, it is these two fields in which scientists find opposition from unqualified laymen that seriously impedes their efforts to share their knowledge. And you can add anti vaccination to the pot, as far as that goes.

Scientists will defend what is attacked without reason. They don't bother, these days, to spend a lot of time defending the idea that the earth travels in an orbit around the sun. The religious opposition of the days of Gallileo and Copernicus have lost the day to the findings of science.

Embryology does indeed give evidence for past structures, regardless of who has poo-pooed that insight. For example, while yet an embryo, you once had a tail. Then extra tail cells died off, because we are in the tailless ape category of primates. For example, while yet embryos, whales start little leg buds, then they re-absorb them and become the legless creatures of the sea we know and love.

I don't know if you count seeing pictures of these things counts as my very own research, but I have seen the pictures.

Opposition to evolution and the great age of the earth will lose the day to the findings of science. It's only a matter of time, if we are granted that time . . .

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rather, it is these two fields in which scientists find opposition from unqualified laymen that seriously impedes their efforts to share their knowledge. And you can add anti vaccination to the pot, as far as that goes.

Scientists will defend what is attacked without reason. They don't bother, these days, to spend a lot of time defending the idea that the earth travels in an orbit around the sun. The religious opposition of the days of Gallileo and Copernicus have lost the day to the findings of science.

Embryology does indeed give evidence for past structures, regardless of who has poo-pooed that insight. For example, while yet an embryo, you once had a tail. Then extra tail cells died off, because we are in the tailless ape category of primates. For example, while yet embryos, whales start little leg buds, then they re-absorb them and become the legless creatures of the sea we know and love.

I don't know if you count seeing pictures of these things counts as my very own research, but I have seen the pictures.

Opposition to evolution and the great age of the earth will lose the day to the findings of science. It's only a matter of time, if we are granted that time . . .

I have a Masters degree in Biology.

I understand your point here, but science still does not have all of the answers.

No researcher has ever taken the raw chemicals and produced a living cell.
Yes. I am familiar with Miller's famous experiment.
However, he never made a cell.
Francis Crick, co-discoverer of the structure of the DNA molecule could not believe it either. It was his belief that life came to this planet from outer space. He called it "Pan-Spermia". However, he only put off the problem by one step.

We just happen to live on a planet whose orbit and size and chemical makeup seem to have been carefully tuned for our existence. Even the fundamental laws of physics seem to have been carefully tuned to make our reality possible. This has created a crisis in physics. The current theory is the "Multiverse Theory", which says we just got lucky enough to be in the correct universe. This theory has only one proof according to its proponents. We are here and they say there is no creator.

They seem unaware of another crisis in physics.

The First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed.
Yes. I am aware of quantum fluctuations. However, on the macro-scale there is still no violation of the first law.

Einstein's "Theory" of Special Relativity is no longer a theory because it has been proven to be a fact by many thousands of experiments. As a matter of fact, nuclear weapons could not work unless Einstein was correct. During nuclear reactions matter can be converted into energy and vice-versa. Therefore, matter can be viewed as a form of stored energy.

If we put the First Law of Thermodynamics together with Einstein's Special Relativity we come to the uncomfortable reality that this universe cannot exist, because the creation of matter out of nothing violates the first law of thermodynamics.
Yes. I know about the Big Bang and the Cosmic Background Radiation, etc.
However, we still cannot fully explain how something comes from nothing.
We still do not know exactly how atoms produce gravity. Yes. We know that every mass produces a curvature of Space-Time, but we do not really know what is happening inside the atom that produces the effect.

Science does not have all of the answers.

There is another facet of Einstein's Special Relativity that helps solve our problems with the age of the earth. Time is relative, based on the inertial frame of reference. Einstein's Twin Paradox does an excellent job of illustrating this principle of physics. If more Christians understood Special Relativity, it is my belief that some of these problems would go away.

Many years ago the Moody Institute of Science produced a short film titled. "Mystery of Time".

It is old, but good, when it comes to a scientific understanding of time.

How long did Adam and Eve live in the Garden before they ate of the forbidden fruit? Was it a day, or a week, or a year, or a million years, or was the rate of time different at that point?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

This debate actually belongs in a different thread, and even a different sub-forum. But your answer betrays your almost total ignorance of science, above an elementary level. My University education included advanced embryology courses. And I can assure you that, although the "proof" from embryology has been completely discredited, and this is clearly taught in advanced embryology courses, it continues to be taught in beginning biology classes. And in some cases at the university in which I received my training, the full professors who taught advanced sutdents that it was not actually true were the very same individuals who had taught it to these very same students at the elementary level. So your knowledge of what is taught at the elementary level, combined with your ignorance of what is taught at advanced levels, demonstrates that your training in the subject took place only at the elementary level.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I have a Masters degree in Biology.
A Master's degree in Biology does not signify you have much understanding of Relativity. You may, but it is incidental.

BABerean2 said:
I understand your point here, but science still does not have all of the answers.
So what?

Are you suggesting a theologian, pastor, preacher or ardent Bible student has all the answers? If so, could you identify that person?

One might suggest 'the Bible' has all the answers. However, in the give or take 1,900 years since the various texts forming the Bible have existed in totality, 'all the answers' have not be presented. Certainly not with any certainty.

I am beyond certainty God has all the answers. After all, its His doing. However, one observes He has - so far - chosen not to give us a full and complete explanation of 'everything'. My own thought (to be clear) is that explanation is not needed for His kingdom to grow and thrive. And for us, His followers, to properly follow Him.

Here's the difference: Science does not have all the answers, admits it does not have all the answers and keeps plugging away at examining the Cosmos.

Side bar: I find talking about 'science' as if 'science' is a monolithic organization with a single controlling board, council or dictator is absurd. Even worse is referring to 'science' as if it were a living being to be imprisoned and questioned. End.

Those who claim to know what God has done - I'm not sure how to refer to 'them' - are several and varied. They all tend to imply their faction has been inspired or just told by God the ultimate reality of the entire situation and regard everyone not of their inner circle as not quite trustworthy. And they're not sure about that quiet guy in the corner of 'their' meeting place.

There are a few Christian people who trust God in what He does. And are aware God created all the laws of 'science' - a great and sprawling mass of facts and rules, both known and unknown - and uses those laws in the function of His Universe.

There are a few more Christian people who trust God to be God. They're not sure about much of anything past that. I have a suspicion they might be the smartest of us all.

But the technique of setting 'science' apart and claiming it doesn't have all the answers is misleading. Intentionally on the part of the speaker or not, I cannot always answer. (Sometimes it is blindingly obvious!)

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 3:2-7 That you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Savior: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of His coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the Word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same Word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the Day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
Peter shows that the prophets foretold this as well as the apostles as well as Jesus. Both the Old Testament and the New Testament speak of the forthcoming Day of Fire. People refuse to acknowledge this Judgment by the fire of God that is coming upon the earth. Isaiah 66:15-16

Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you: when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; neither shall you be burned.
Isaiah spoke of a time when God's people would walk through the fire, and the fire would not hurt them. Jesus said of this forthcoming day of fire: Luke 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth and how I wish to was already kindled.

The word for fire is PUR and means "a flame, fire." It is the same word used for the eternal fire of judgment.
What about us, the godly, the ones who are desiring to know Him and to serve Him, to walk and to be pleasing in His sight? What effect will this Day of Judgment have on us? But wherever you are in the Lord it is a Day of Overcoming.

Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God... 2 Peter 3:12
It may not be pleasant, but we are to look forward to His terrible Day of Fire.

And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot . . . Luke 17:26 & 28
Both Noah and Lot were taken through God's wrath. Noah and Lot were in God's protected place and not affected by God's judgment, even though the judgment was all around them.

"I have come to set fire to the earth,…..but I have a baptism to undergo first and I am constrained until it is over. Luke 12:49-50
How is Jesus to be constrained till it be accomplished? When you study these Scriptures, you might think Jesus is referring to His own death. Where was Jesus headed? On His way to Jerusalem. He was going to His death. But when we realize He was also speaking of a literal Day of Fire, to come upon the earth; a baptism of fire upon the whole earth, that will occur on His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath. Isaiah 61:1-2 confirms this; Jesus stopped His quote of Isaiah’s prophecy before the Day of vengeance of our God. And in Isaiah 63:1-6, He gets His garments splashed with blood. Later, at the Return, we see His garments already blood splashed from His previous Day of wrath, several years before. Actually only a half hour to the Lord, as the Seventh Seal tells us.

Upvote 0