Will you marry for financial stability/money?

yam

Sep 19, 2006
Unitedstates
✟18,418.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Will you marry for financial stability/money?I was talking to one of my friend, and she said the whole point for getting marry is to be financially stable. She said ,when she gets marry the guy has to be rich. Are some young women these days getting marry for the wrong reason.As for me, I am not impressed by material things and money.

PetLuv

CrazyVille, population: You
Feb 12, 2006
LaLa Land
✟11,575.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Not rich, no. But I want someone who has an ability to hold a job and provide for us.

I've done the "money is nothing" thing once upon a time, and you know what; being poor is not all that great. Even worse is being poor when you work 4 jobs as the sole breadwinner and the other you are with drinks it all away.
I do pretty well by myself and I won't accept someone who brings worse into my life; financial or otherwise. So to an ever so slight degree, yes I want to marry someone with money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not rich, no. But I want someone who has an ability to hold a job and provide for us.

Pretty much this :thumbsup:. I also plan on working for as long as possible. Not sure I want to work if kids come into the picture, but that will be between me and him. Plus, I didn't get my master's to have somebody else take over that debt :doh:.

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Difficult question.

Would I reject a guy based solely on his job? Yes, because it demonstrates his level of motivation/ambition in life. If he has low motivation, then I won't want to date him, much less marry him.

So basically my answer is that I'm not looking for a sugar daddy, but I want someone who is motivated and ambitious (a self-made man).

I don't want to struggle with poverty because being poor is not fun and I don't want someone who is lazy.

Upvote 0

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Difficult question.

Would I reject a guy based solely on his job? Yes, because it demonstrates his level of motivation/ambition in life. If he has low motivation, then I won't want to date him, much less marry him.

So basically my answer is that I'm not looking for a sugar daddy, but I want someone who is motivated and ambitious (a self-made man).

I don't want to struggle with poverty because being poor is not fun and I don't want someone who is lazy.

I partially agree with you. I wouldn't reject a guy based solely on the job he has RIGHT NOW. The economy sucks. I've been dealing with the backlash of this for a few months now. I want someone who is motivated and ambitious. If he's LOOKING for that great job while not working a great job, is a lot different that taking a low job just because he was able to get it (and not doing anything else to better his situatoin) :).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hm, yeah, who wouldn't want to marry a rich dude?

She take my money when I'm in need
Yeah she's a trifling friend indeed
Oh she's a gold digger way over town
That dig's on me

God bless you for this.

And now I will continue to sing that song

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if I want to work if kids come into the picture.

I still haven't decided whether I want to work or be a stay-home dad.

Actually, I was thinking of being a pastor's husband.

I hear ya. Let me know how this works for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Would I reject a girl based solely on her job? Yes, because it demonstrates her level of motivation/ambition in life. If she has low motivation, then I won't want to date her, much less marry her.

I want someone who is motivated and ambitious (a self-made woman). I don't want to struggle with poverty because being poor is not fun and I don't want someone who is lazy.

Upvote 0