✟535,043.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
ShadowAspect said:
The USA is actually quite vulnerable. It is something of a house of cards. It seems very wealthy but there is not a large distribution of wealth. There is much povety and also much of it's wealth relies on overseas sources.

As has already been pointed out, america is making a lot of enemies abroad, and also running up huge debts while trying to secure resources. I strongly suspect that Americas terrorist enemies will encourage this situation until the oppotunity occurs to strike a killer blow against the US ecconomy.

Along time ago, Britain was involved in a war against the Ashanti in Africa. When it was over, Britian approached France and other European powers and said that basically, African fighters were very dangerous, and if they had been able to get their hands on modern European Muskets, they might have won this war. They said that some measure of arms control was needed to safeguard European power.

Well, as we all know, Africans got muskes, then rifles, then assault weapons, rockets, surface to air missiles...

Now we are saying that it's important that these third world countries don't get NBC WMD. But it is only a matter of time before they get them, and use.

If done right, these could cause massive damage with little chance of retaliation.

As an example, if 'Foot & Mouth' was introduced the the american national herd, it would cost the U.S. billions in lost revenue without the loss of a single human life. If something like smallpox was introduced to America, although loss of life might be small, the panic could cause near civil war, and the quarentine and closure of American borders could cause massive damage to an ecconomy already crippled with debt after years of war. so a well planed and sustained attack against major finacial and industrial cities (New York, Chicargo, Frisco) could well seve as a 'Barbarians at the gate' situation. Maybe not this week, but a few years down the line it could be a possibility.

...now go read something more cheerful.
I'd pretty much go along with these arguements. Personally I feel that the US will fall in a way similar to this, but with the overiding factor being oil (or more to the point a lack of it) proving to be the underlying factor that cripples the American economy and infrastructure.

America has only two things going for it in terms of being a world superpower, its economy and military might, both heavily reliant upon oil. Take the oil out of the equation of one or both of these things and you get major recession and collapse. That will render the US vulnerable to the very outside forces it claims to be fighting at the moment.

What is more, this is likely to happen in the next 10 - 20 years. Bear in mind that up to recently OPEC could not afford to fall out with it's best customer, but now countries like China would happily snap up everything that OPEC can produce. Supply and demand now put OPEC in an extremely strong position which could easily and quickly turn against America.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Could part of the problem be that their Islamic fundamentalists and our Christian fundamentalists are two sides of the same coin. Both use religion as an excuse to justify their actions, and neither really has any intention of attempting to understand the other?
Bingo

Ok but here's something I don't understand, how the hell do violent hypocrits get the honor of being called Christian fundamentalists? The fundementals of Christianity are anything but related to beliefs in the use of violence.
Even in the Islamic religion believers are encourgaged to use violence in some cases, therefore violent extremists can sometimes be justifiably called Islamic fundamentalists.
Not so however for Christians.

Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
Rosenharm,
I'm sorry, but I just don't know where you're coming from.
Not one of those nations I mentioned owes anything good to being invaded by the United States.

Zug Zang
I know, it's sad that people just can't be cool. But what it all comes down to is we all need to be more like Jesus. Really that's the bottom line, and that's why I'm a missionary in Mexico, just trying to change this part of the world for the better.

To comment on some of your remarks, actually what keeps the Palestinian territories going is large ammounts of monetary aid from Arab nations. Sadly however, that is decreasing, and as a whole, the people of the world are forgetting the plight of those poor people, even as it becomes more desperate.

One thing that really hurts the economy here in Mexico is the high price on gas, apparently it's because the government is using the revenues to pay of their debts. And the government controls all gas production and sales.

I honestly don't know about anyone starving to death here, although there is some malnutrition especially among children. There's so much food here and only God knows how many do gooder groups distributing the surpluses to needy people.

Even if Mexico had the best of presidents, I don't think much would change as the entire government has corruption, but at the moment lots of people are happy with what changes are being made.

Upvote 0

Zug-Zwang

Aug 19, 2004
Babylon
✟7,918.00
Faith
Messianic
Douger said:
Rosenharm,
I'm sorry, but I just don't know where you're coming from.
Not one of those nations I mentioned owes anything good to being invaded by the United States.

Zug Zang
I know, it's sad that people just can't be cool. But what it all comes down to is we all need to be more like Jesus. Really that's the bottom line, and that's why I'm a missionary in Mexico, just trying to change this part of the world for the better.

To comment on some of your remarks, actually what keeps the Palestinian territories going is large ammounts of monetary aid from Arab nations. Sadly however, that is decreasing, and as a whole, the people of the world are forgetting the plight of those poor people, even as it becomes more desperate.

One thing that really hurts the economy here in Mexico is the high price on gas, apparently it's because the government is using the revenues to pay of their debts. And the government controls all gas production and sales.

I honestly don't know about anyone starving to death here, although there is some malnutrition especially among children. There's so much food here and only God knows how many do gooder groups distributing the surpluses to needy people.

Even if Mexico had the best of presidents, I don't think much would change as the entire government has corruption, but at the moment lots of people are happy with what changes are being made.
Think about Palistine and Israel and Muslims and Christian's{respectively} and consider the Passion of both.When Israel became a nation by the hands of our President and that of the British mandate,they planted millions of trees and money pours in from everywhere,I'm just a Texas hand,non Jewish but my family has been helping Israel for over a decade because it's our Passion.When one considers the amount of money it's mind boggleing,Israel is a very small place and Palistine is smaller but Palistine has just as much Passion for Muslims as Israel has for Christians but when you compare them it's a huge difference because of the simple reason that Palistine needs to portray an Oppressed nation.Think of how much money has been poured into Palistine,Muslim's heart is Mecca but their Passion is Palistine but what money is spent is spent for death.The bbc used to broadcast elementry schools all the time before 9-11 because of their fascination that elementery children in Palistine were being taught and raised at public schools to grow up to be suicide bombers.

All you have to do is follow the money,Mexico is not even a religion but millions of white Americans pour money into Mexico.Now think about how small Palistine is,The amount of money givin to Palistine must be staggering but where is it?Palistine plays the whining oppessed people when they should be wealthy,they would be kings but the plan is to kill Israel,not to live in peace,not to be sucsefull,but to kill.There is no way to seperate Palistinian terrorists from Chechen rebels or Al Quada or Saddam Hussien,they are the same people who blew up the towers.Saddam used to pay the families of suicide bombers,he payed for them to die.

Upvote 0
M

Mouthy

You could say that Rome fell when Julius Caesar decided to break the law and return across the Rubicon with his army to Rome, breaking the law.

You could say that it fell when Augustus became the first Emperor.

But gradually as time went on, power depended more and more on military might.

After a while it was simply a matter of the praetorian guard appointing the Emperor they wished to serve them, and executing the Emperor when they they were fed up with him.

After that became commonplace, the end was nigh.

Why do you think everyone remembers where they were when JFK was murdered?

The bodyguard has already conspired with the military to execute the Emperor in the USA when he didn't intend to go along with the military-industrial group's plans to increase their power and wealth.

America has already fallen in a sense, in that it is no longer the country that it thinks it is.

But given increasing technological and military sophistication which Rome is proud of, it may never fall in the sense of being defeated militarily. But when the criminals have already taken over and ended democracy, what need to defeat America militarily?

Upvote 0

Saruman

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2004
USA-Kentucky
Visit site
✟17,800.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is a very depressing topic...I have thought about it many times though. Rome lasted 1000+ years, (if including Constantinople, about 2,000). The USA? only about 230 years. We are not as solid and invulnerable as everyone thinks.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
onlyjesussaves.us said:
Do you think the United States will fall like Rome fell? By the grace of God the USA is still around!!!! I believe God will judge the USA sooner than we may think!!!! Only the Lord knows!!!

It will be soon! Bwhahahahaha! I have my Huns and Visigoths ready to invade and burn and loot and pillage!

We shall sow your pitiful fields with blood, tears, fire, and salt! There were be screams of pain and gnashing of teeth as our iron bites you bloody. Mwuhahahahahaha!

;)

Upvote 0

Saruman

Senior Veteran
Nov 5, 2004
USA-Kentucky
Visit site
✟17,800.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Corey said:
It will be soon! Bwhahahahaha! I have my Huns and Visigoths ready to invade and burn and loot and pillage!

We shall sow your pitiful fields with blood, tears, fire, and salt! There were be screams of pain and gnashing of teeth as our iron bites you bloody. Mwuhahahahahaha!

;)
:eek: :eek: I don't know what to say.:eek: :eek:

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Saruman said:
:eek: :eek: I don't know what to say.:eek: :eek:

That's the point. ;)

The US won't fall like Rome did.

You can't watch the ramparts for the last battle; you have to look forward to the next. Our fall will be different and most likely more like Britain's decline after WWII.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Saruman said:
This is a very depressing topic...I have thought about it many times though. Rome lasted 1000+ years, (if including Constantinople, about 2,000). The USA? only about 230 years. We are not as solid and invulnerable as everyone thinks.

AUC was 724 B.C., IIRC (if someone wants to Google that, thanks) Constantinople fell in 1454 A.D. (again, IIRC) so 2300 years. That extra 300 is longer than the U.S. has actually existed!

Upvote 0

Milla

Apr 24, 2004
✟19,230.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
onlyjesussaves.us said:
Do you think the United States will fall like Rome fell? By the grace of God the USA is still around!!!! I believe God will judge the USA sooner than we may think!!!! Only the Lord knows!!!
Well, of course it will fall. It certainly will not go on forever. All things end.

Upvote 0