Will the little horn be - from Iraq? Assyrian /Babylonian prophecies not done yet

MattHenry

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟8,104.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just so you all know - I did not read the books that so many did to draw their conclusions. I read and studied the bible. I prayed a lot to understand the verses.
Then elders and those of the former age that may hold a different view then yours are of little to no value?
I received a call to show the things I see in the verses - when I was fifteen.
So then because you perceived this "call", do you believe you were given a concrete understanding of Daniel and Revelation, that has eluded the church for the last 2,000 years?
Take the words of Job 14:12,14 and show me how anyway this could allow the church a pre-trib - or I should say - a pre-6th seal rapture?
Since I don't believe there will be some 7 year tribulation for it to be "pre" I would have to agree with you.
Job told us that man won't rise till the heavens - what?

What happens in the 6th seal to heaven?
it departs
Why not consider an entire context entirely on it's own merit? Certainly nothing is compelling you to believe it. Can trying to understand something different than you currently believe be out of order when scripture tells us to prove all things? I'm sure you would agree that it doesn't mean to close our eyes to that which looks unfamiliar at first.
Why not try a chapter. It will only take 5 or 10 minutes.
1 - THE GREAT DETECTIVE

Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi Matt

Even if you want to limit All tribes people nations and tongues to the world know to John you claim falls short and that is an understatement.

John was in Ephesus when he wrote revelation which was in Asia Minor and that capital of trade between the Roman Wold and the far east.

John new of India which is Hindu not Muslim in addition John new of the whole Western Empire of which none is controle dby muslims even large portions of what was the eastern Empire is Controlled by Christianity. And To top that all off they do not even Control Palestine or more importantly Jerusalem.

in Daniel 11 there is the King of the north and the King of the South who are these two kingdoms in the end time IE verse 40 on?

Upvote 0

MattHenry

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟8,104.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not consider an entire context entirely on it's own merit? Certainly nothing is compelling you to believe it. Can trying to understand something different than you currently believe be out of order when scripture tells us to prove all things? I'm sure you would agree that it doesn't mean to close our eyes to that which looks unfamiliar at first.
Why not try a chapter. It will only take 5 or 10 minutes.
1 - THE GREAT DETECTIVE
I began at Genesis and have seen how several things fit together. Most today seem to just preach other preachers' messages.

They "seem to" because they are. How many of those preachers to which you refer, that continue to peddle futurism and preterism have, for the last 30 years, recognized and written about the central role of Islam as the end-time foe of God's people, in bible prophecy?
How many of those men to which you refer understand Revelation through a continuous historic context?
Where is their actual time in the written word?

The author to which I refer, Ellis Skolfield, was raised in the scriptures on his mother's knee as missionaries in the Philippines 80 years ago. They had a home base and his father (Captain Ellis Skolfleld) also sailed a 100+ foot schooner, picking up and dropping off missionaries, up and down coastal Phillippines.

As a young man in the early 1950s Ellis Skolfield went on to a study at Columbia Bible College, with a specialty of eschatology and biblical archeology.
He then led a congregation as a futurist pastor (perhaps like yours) and increasingly was confronted with the holes in Darby's doctrine. He decided to put his effort into shoring up the foundations of the doctrine he had learned, and subsequently taught, but found instead that his doctrine was built on little more than shifting sands.
http://www.beholdthebeast.com/end_time_myth.htm

Why do you suppose futurists in here have such a difficult time with the "Temple of God" thread, for just one example?
http://www.christianforums.com/t7425536/

Mr. Skolfield was in the world for a while as an international award winning graphic designer and printer. He sold the business and retired, and was later called back to the Word. Having been fooled by one doctrine, he did a two year full-time (for him this is 12 to 14 hour days - not counting jumping up in the middle of the night time) study of the Word of God, setting aside commentaries, and using only God's Word to define and explain itself, while having already been well versed in biblical history and archaeology.
You will find few men with as much time spent in the Word of God.

The free book that I have been directing folks to is the result of that study.
I'm not talking about time reading the traditions of men, but just looking at the bible to understand what it for sure tells us?
One thing I can guarantee is that it won't disappoint you as just another "Most today seem to just preach other preachers' messages." What have you got to loose by trying a chapter?
1 - THE GREAT DETECTIVE

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MattHenry

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟8,104.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just did a search "Captain Ellis Skolfield" and found this interesting site regarding his father:

"The Presbyterian Philippine Mission turned the island of Palawan over to the fledgling Association of Baptists. The most practical way to evangelize a group of islands was with a ship. The very day after the Board voted to open this territory, God provided Captain Ellis Skolfield, an ex-Navy officer, who went from island to island in The Gospel Ship preaching, distributing literature-and pulling teeth!"

http://www.strategicnetwork.org/index.php?loc=kb&view=v&id=8218&

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MattHenry

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟8,104.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does that have to do with this thread showing that the man of sin will come from Iraq?

It was because you inquired of the author of The False Prophet:
"Where is their actual time in the written word?"
And so I backgrounded the author of the book for you. But your followup post demonstrates the sincerity of your prior question as well as your interest in exploring anything that doesn't agree with your doctrine.

As an aside, I presume you didn't want to knock Jack Van Impe because he committed to memory every book, chapter, and verse of God's Word - over a half century ago. And I'm sure you have spent so much more "...actual time in the written word..." than he has, with his having been a TV evangelist only since the 1950s.
So then the actual reason you knock him is because he goes off on futurist fantasies because he holds the same doctrine that so many in here hold. A boogieman that defiles a future rebuilt temple, and implants microchips in the unwary, as so many in here do too. But I would certainly bet on Jack in a match between he and anybody else that peddles Darby's doctrine.

Regarding this thread topic of "that man of sin", before we go off dredging presumptions from the Old Testament that we have been taught support our doctrine, shouldn't we first demonstrate why a future rebuilt temple would be sanctioned by God, and how it would fit into God's plan of salvation for mankind, through a Christian perspective, before any suggestion can be made that a "man of sin" can "desolate" such a future physical rebuilt temple, with an "abomination"?
As Christians shouldn't we begin with an understanding of portions of scripture from the Gospel, that are not open to interpretation, before we try to understand the figurative language of dreams and visions in prophecy (particularly from the old covenant)?
Was Jesus' sacrifice on the cross a completed work or not?
Is Jesus' blood insufficient to save some portion of mankind?
Why haven't futurists presented their views regarding how the "Temple of God" fits into God's plan of salvation, on that thread?
http://www.christianforums.com/t7425536/
What happens to futurist doctrine if we can find no reason for God to sanction a rebuilt temple from a Christian perspective?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.