Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2005
Garden Grove, California, USA
✟2,141.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Politics
US-Republican
No one but God through Christ can vivify---make alive (usually at a special resurrection) without ever dying.

At present, only Christ has immortality (1 Tim.6:16).

Therefore, the "Beast" has no such power. It is true that one of his heads was "wounded to death, and his deadly wound was healed" (Rev. 13:3).

I understand the beast to be an individual arising to power out of ten kings (or kingdoms). In 2 Thes.2:3ff Paul calls him "the man of sin", to be worshipped as god; who will sit in the temple of God. NOTICE: There will have to be a Jewish temple rebuilt.

I don't see how "it" could be a political system.

Yes, like others, I believe Revelation is still future, revealed to John in a vision, to describe the Lord's day, i.e. the day of the Lord--same thing.

Bick

Upvote 0

ross3421

Aug 1, 2005
✟15,973.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Now here is my question, if the Beast will deceive most of the world, its clear that people will think he is of God. They will be deceived into thinking his mark is God's mark, otherwise why would they take it or worship him for that matter?

Correct, was the inhabinants of the earth will be witnessing a complete counterfeit, city, king, mark ect.......

So that brings me to the point of this thread. Will part of the supernatural signs and wonders include immortality for those who follow him?

This is why they want to take the mark as for they believe they are accepting the mark of God and eternal life in which it represents.

Consider this verse:

"And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." (Rev 9:6)

This verse does seem to indicate some sort of immortality for the wicked in those days.

It would be the complete opposite of what Christ did for us. Jesus came to save us spiritually not our flesh.

Will the Beast come to "save" the flesh yet the end result being eternal death for the soul in the lake of fire?

Your thoughts?

OU

This is why I believe the 1000 year reign doctrine is so damamging. It teaches that there are those remaining on earth in the flesh after Christ returns which will reign with him however Revelation shows this happening but with the AC.

Concerning your verse in Chapter 9, this verse speaks of the continued wrath of God upon the inhabinants not some immortality the AC has offered.

Actually what is taking place is a demonic indwellment of those upon the earth in which these spirits are inflicting pain upon them however they are unable to kill themselves due to not being in control over their bodies. We see this in the Gospels whereby people are indwelled demonically and cannot contol it. But they do want to kill themselves due to the pain

Chapter 9 is the gathering of the armies to battle as Satan prepares his army and the spirits from below indwell flesh and will fight the army from above.

Mark

Upvote 0

BombShelterBob

Oct 20, 2006
✟7,840.00
Faith
Christian
I always thought the Beast was the anti Christ. The false prophet testifies that the beast is god. The image of the beast is the proof that the false prophet is a real prophet. When he causes it to live people will fall at his feet. Between the three of them they will try to convence the world, and will do a pretty good job of it too. Not untill they have incited the world against Israel will God move to interfere.

Dan 7:25 And he shall speak words against the Most High, and shall wear out the saints of the Most High, and plot to change times and laws. And they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and one-half time.

It says he will wear out the saints. God will let him get away with it for a while. Then all heaven is going to break loose. They will be cast into hell, and Christ will reign forv 1000 years.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the Word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast nor his image, nor had received his mark on their foreheads, nor in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

I think if you would just read, and believe, these verses are self-explanatory.

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People are amazed at the beast and say Who can make war against him? Him is a person.

Why do you say that? Who can make war against a one-world government? Answer: nobody. It will be the first time in history "world peace" will be achieved. That is pretty amazing. And the DRAGON will get the glory. Satan will be whorshipped becuase of the "peace" he brings.

...and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority
...And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast

Upvote 0

Zadok7000

Awake and Sober
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
✟11,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I always thought the Beast was the anti Christ. The false prophet testifies that the beast is god.

The false messiah, too, is a beast.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

"out of the earth" = individual
"out of the sea" = system

Why does he "speak as a dragon"? Because he IS the dragon.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.