Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
no but i did catch the part about the job being up for reappointment by POTUS in the near future, do you think that might be important?

Nope. Why would it be? Unless you think Trump should blackmail an appointed official into doing something childish and pointless which would be immediately overruled by the people who actually have oversight over him anyway?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope. Why would it be? Unless you think Trump should blackmail an appointed official into doing something childish and pointless which would be immediately overruled by the people who actually have oversight over him anyway?
what i think is that you missed the point that this was intended to be a joke

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't think anyone wants to be insulted by having their post called ignorant. I would think you are aware of the rules of CF since you are still a Senior Ambassador.
But the post is ignorant. Ignorance is lacking knowledge or awareness on a particular subject. When a thread is created about the president using power he doesn't have because it would make you laugh, that shows a lack of knowledge on how the government works.

It also shows a lack of awareness about the separation of powers, thus the very notion of that fantasy is antithetical to US government. Thus the posts are sad because they show a lack of civic knowledge, but more importantly, they show a love of dictatorial power plays, which brings into question whether the person is committed to a free society.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am just waiting for Pelosi to receive the notification from Trump that the House Chamber is going to be closed for maintenance and remodeling for an unspecified period of time. No, that would be unfair, it will probably just be her office that gets closed and torn apart, or maybe she will need to work around the remodeling because Trump will not make any other space available for her. Can you imagine her being covered with drywall dust every day. He who laughs last laughs best. Trump may end up enjoying this more than anyone can imagine. He may not know much about being president but he has a lifetime of experience as a landlord. Take a moment to lol regardless of which side you are on this dispute between the two of them has its elements of comedy. (no I dont think people working without pay is funny)
It's funny seeing how much Pelosi's power move has gotten to you.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ha ha ha.....good one. Can't rule that out. The President is pretty good at getting even and quickly. That may make for poor politics, but his base will love it:).
They really are made for each other.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the post is ignorant. Ignorance is lacking knowledge or awareness on a particular subject. When a thread is created about the president using power he doesn't have because it would make you laugh, that shows a lack of knowledge on how the government works.

It also shows a lack of awareness about the separation of powers, thus the very notion of that fantasy is antithetical to US government. Thus the posts are sad because they show a lack of civic knowledge, but more importantly, they show a love of dictatorial power plays, which brings into question whether the person is committed to a free society.
Humor is not intended to reflect actual facts, that in itself is an element of humor. Judging someone based on that is a little beyond reasonable. Your post seems to be intended to humiliate or insult rather than to debate or discuss a point of view. Insulting a poster on CF is not consistent with the posting rules. Your post is uninvited, unnecessary, and unwelcome. Please try to stay on topic and avoid using derogatory statements.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that would be funny. Then the next day she finds out that her government issued airplane is down for routine maintenance but all there are no federal employees to work on it until the shutdown is lifted. Could you imagine Nancy Pelosi having to fly commercial air?
I'm praying for this to happen.

Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Humor is not intended to reflect actual facts, that in itself is an element of humor. Judging someone based on that is a little beyond reasonable. Your post seems to be intended to humiliate or insult rather than to debate or discuss a point of view. Insulting a poster on CF is not consistent with the posting rules. Your post is uninvited, unnecessary, and unwelcome. Please try to stay on topic and avoid using derogatory statements.
Humor is best when it reflects facts as it points out the humor in the truth. The only time I can think of humor not reflecting facts is when hyperbole is used, but that is usually done for the sake of juxtaposition. The example of Trump closing Pelosi's office doesn't fit into either of those categories, hence the other poster pointing out the joke is based on ignorance of government (i.e., it's the AOC that heads renovations and that is through the legislative branch). I don't quite understand how pointing this out is insulting or humiliating; the joke falls flat because it relies on a something that can't happen. For instance, Trump cancelling Pelosi's plane can be spun as humor because she can cancel his SOTU and he can cancel her use of military planes. Meanwhile, he can't renovate her office, so you might as well ask, "Wouldn't it be funny if Trump threw a pie in the face of a Democratic politician?" Because it's all about owning those liberals, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess not everyone finds illegal spiteful bullying particularly funny. Sadistic landlords, either.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no but i did catch the part about the job being up for reappointment by POTUS in the near future, do you think that might be important?
No,please explain why that is important, if congress is that petson’s boss?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fantasizing about a president acting like a dictator and being mean to people you don’t like isn’t a joke.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because it's all about owning those liberals, right?

So much of so-called "conservative" politics these days is little more than spite and "triggering the libs" (if that's not redundant). Most of us grew out of that kind of thing in middle school. A shame that many others haven't, even as adults.
Ringo

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟606,500.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, that would be funny. Then the next day she finds out that her government issued airplane is down for routine maintenance but all there are no federal employees to work on it until the shutdown is lifted. Could you imagine Nancy Pelosi having to fly commercial air?

Trump canceled her flight but it didn't stop her trip. She flew the next day.

FullMagazine❌ on Twitter

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No civil servant would engage in petty dictatorial garbage like that just to curry favor with someone unlikely to have a second term.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure Melania will be flying down to Florida on government jets because... reasons.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.