Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am just waiting for Pelosi to receive the notification from Trump that the House Chamber is going to be closed for maintenance and remodeling for an unspecified period of time. No, that would be unfair, it will probably just be her office that gets closed and torn apart, or maybe she will need to work around the remodeling because Trump will not make any other space available for her. Can you imagine her being covered with drywall dust every day. He who laughs last laughs best. Trump may end up enjoying this more than anyone can imagine. He may not know much about being president but he has a lifetime of experience as a landlord. Take a moment to lol regardless of which side you are on this dispute between the two of them has its elements of comedy. (no I dont think people working without pay is funny)

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am just waiting for Pelosi to receive the notification from Trump that the House Chamber is going to be closed for maintenance and remodeling for an unspecified period of time. No, that would be unfair, it will probably just be her office that gets closed and torn apart, or maybe she will need to work around the remodeling because Trump will not make any other space available for her. Can you imagine her being covered with drywall dust every day. He who laughs last laughs best. Trump may end up enjoying this more than anyone can imagine. He may not know much about being president but he has a lifetime of experience as a landlord. Take a moment to lol regardless of which side you are on this dispute between the two of them has its elements of comedy. (no I dont think people working without pay is funny)
Yeah, that would be funny. Then the next day she finds out that her government issued airplane is down for routine maintenance but all there are no federal employees to work on it until the shutdown is lifted. Could you imagine Nancy Pelosi having to fly commercial air?

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Apart from Trump not having any control over the maintainance of Congress, sure why not..

The Architect of the Capitol (AOC) is the federal agency responsible for the maintenance, operation, development, and preservation of the United States Capitol Complex, and also the head of that agency. The Architect of the Capitol is in the legislative branch[1] and is accountable to the United States Congress and the Supreme Court.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Architect_of_the_Capitol#cite_note-autogenerated1-2

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The levels out outright ignorance about the Government of the United States displayed in this thread is the funniest thing I have read ever since the Republican controlled House, Senate and President shut down the Government December 22nd, 2018.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
He is appointed by POTUS for 10 year term which expires in 2020.

Did you miss the part where that agency is accountable to the legislative branch not the administration?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So you think it would be a good thing if a President could shut down Congress on a whim?

His base thinks so. All he needs is a small fire…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,822.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
So you think it would be a good thing if a President could shut down Congress on a whim?
Why not use the military to secure the votes he needs?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did you miss the part where that agency is accountable to the legislative branch not the administration?
no but i did catch the part about the job being up for reappointment by POTUS in the near future, do you think that might be important?

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am just waiting for Pelosi to receive the notification from Trump that the House Chamber is going to be closed for maintenance and remodeling for an unspecified period of time.

I'm pretty sure he can't do that.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The levels out outright ignorance about the Government of the United States displayed in this thread is the funniest thing I have read ever since the Republican controlled House, Senate and President shut down the Government December 22nd, 2018.
My heart and prayers to out to the parents, relatives and friends of Michael.

I do not see anything outright ignorant in the posts above your post. This thread was intended to be an opportunity for humor on a subject that has cause too much serious disagreement. Maybe you can be more specific about what you are addressing. I don't think anyone wants to be insulted by having their post called ignorant. I would think you are aware of the rules of CF since you are still a Senior Ambassador.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
His base would love to vote him emergency powers. They aren't Luke, Han, or Leia. They are Jar Jar.

Wow. No one could have come up with a more fitting illustration of the seeming mindset of Trump's base around here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.