Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
so...Biden has the support of the other 80%?

Doesn't that mean it doesn't matter who they support if they don't bother to vote? The people who vote tend to be the people who get people elected more than the people who don't vote, that's sort of how elections work.
tulc(first rule of Chicago politics)
The problem is that dems have relied.on 95% support from blacks and they have a tendency to lose when they don't show up for a candidate, 2016 being a good example.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that dems have relied.on 95% support from blacks and they have a tendency to lose when they don't show up for a candidate, 2016 being a good example.
...you mean when Clinton got almost 3,000,000 more votes than President Trump did?
tulc(is just wondering)

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
...you mean when Clinton got almost 3,000,000 more votes than President Trump did?
tulc(is just wondering)
Black voters didn't come out in the same numbers in Detroit, Philadelphia and Milwaukee as they did in 08 and 12 which is why HRC lost.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I honestly can't think of a worse choice for PRESIDENT, so his running mate doesn't matter. I mean, the man literally has mental issues...
But anyway, we're still called to pray for him, and I hope he makes a wise decision regardless.

U7SNGVFTGII6NO3WLUCROIKBCM.jpg

That notion is ridiculous. A VP choice hasn't swayed the outcome of an election in decades.

palin-smirk.jpg

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

John McCain could have picked Jesus as his running mate and still would have lost to Obama. Palin was a bad choice, but she didn't change the outcome.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
John McCain could have picked Jesus as his running mate and still would have lost to Obama. Palin was a bad choice, but she didn't change the outcome.
Very true. This was an example of people voting for the color of the skin instead of the content of the character.....just the opposite of what another man hoped would happen someday.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Yup, he picked someone who embodies many of the important values of voters in his party, and who can help to generate enthusiasm among Democratic voters. How silly of him.
Something tells me that Harris has a lot of baggage that will be brought out but if the GOP is smart they will do their attacking through Biden and simply pound away on him to see if he crumbles under the pressure.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He's between a rock and a hard place. If he selects a black woman he will lose a lot of white votes, and the election.
Very sad that some people would let the color of her skin change their vote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Very sad that some people would let the color of her skin change their vote.
You mean like Biden ignoring 90%+ of the population to pick a black woman?....without any justification except perhaps pandering to blacks? It seems racism is alive and well in the democratic party......

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If Biden wins, his VP choice will be President within weeks of inauguration. So the VP choice really does matter.
And here's another possibility. For individuals who vote for Biden merely because he chooses a person of colour might find they all speak well of him until he wins. Immediately after that though they might turn on him and begin siding in with the thought that he's not fit for the job and needs to step down. He should know that any devotion to him might be very short lived. Sad truth is though they might be right....he at least in the year 2020 may not be fit for the job.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You mean like Biden ignoring 90%+ of the population to pick a black woman?....without any justification except perhaps pandering to blacks? It seems racism is alive and well in the democratic party......
Or perhaps he thought she was the best qualified person.

Using your reasoning Trump ignored 55% of the US population by picking a man.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Or perhaps he thought she was the best qualified person.

Using your reasoning Trump ignored 55% of the US population by picking a man.
Ahhhh, so Trump announced during the primaries that he WAS going to pick a white male as running mate? Maybe you could provide us a link?.....or is this just more alternative facts?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahhhh, so Trump announced during the primaries that he WAS going to pick a white male as running mate? Maybe you could provide us a link?.....or is this just more alternative facts?
Where did I say that "Trump announced during the primaries that he WAS going to pick a white male as running mate?" I never said any such thing. Perhaps you should actually read what people write instead of making things up.

And just so you understand the facts, Biden didn't announce during the primaries that he was going to pick a black woman as his running mate.

I think he picked someone who is very well qualified. Unlike you, I don't care what her sex, race or creed is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Where did I say that "Trump announced during the primaries that he WAS going to pick a white male as running mate?" I never said any such thing
Which goes to show you cannot equate Trump picking a white male with Biden stating he WAS going to pick a black female.....
And just so you understand the facts, Biden didn't announce during the primaries that he was going to pick a black woman as his running mate.
Yeah, primaries were still going on.....you might want to read the news.......
July 2020
August 2020
I think he picked someone who is very well qualified. Unlike you, I don't care what her sex, race or creed is.
I do believe we should all care that he used discriminatory tactics in order to do it.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well...
What is known about her is that she will cave on minor issues if aleigance is needed. And absolutely turn on a dime against former compatriots if it's expedient.

She can and does hold grudges.

She can very much be an elitist. (Same as Joe)

She can be very shrill and annoying with her style of constant attacks that aren't necessarily well thought out.

It's going to be a battle of the egos when they team up.

I really am surprised that she gave the acquiescence to be Joe's VP...
Senators make losers when running for president or Vice President. She ought to know that. So where she is going to make a go of it...it's a losing campaign. Why she is aligning herself with a losing campaign is beyond me.

And she really isn't "black".
She is half Jamaican and half Indian.
She spent a good sized chunk of her childhood in Canada before coming to the states and getting involved in politics.

So with her record, I don't think that Joe can win. He is too old (77)

He ought to be glad he wakes up in the morning and can walk around. Having her as one heartbeat away from being president isn't a positive.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Which goes to show you cannot equate Trump picking a white male with Biden stating he WAS going to pick a black female.....

Sure I can.

Yeah, primaries were still going on.....you might want to read the news.......
July 2020
August 2020
Oh yes, of course, there was still Connecticut. Biden has had the nomination wrapped up for months and you know it. Further, he wasn't committed to a black female running mate until the moment he picked Harris. Prior to that he hadn't committed to race.

I do believe we should all care that he used discriminatory tactics in order to do it.

What discriminatory tactics?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well...
What is known about her is that she will cave on minor issues if aleigance is needed. And absolutely turn on a dime against former compatriots if it's expedient.

She can and does hold grudges.

She can very much be an elitist. (Same as Joe)

She can be very shrill and annoying with her style of constant attacks that aren't necessarily well thought out.

It's going to be a battle of the egos when they team up.

I really am surprised that she gave the acquiescence to be Joe's VP...
Senators make losers when running for president or Vice President. She ought to know that. So where she is going to make a go of it...it's a losing campaign. Why she is aligning herself with a losing campaign is beyond me.

And she really isn't "black".
She is half Jamaican and half Indian.
She spent a good sized chunk of her childhood in Canada before coming to the states and getting involved in politics.

So with her record, I don't think that Joe can win. He is too old (77)

He ought to be glad he wakes up in the morning and can walk around. Having her as one heartbeat away from being president isn't a positive.
She wouldn't have been my first choice--I would have picked Susan Rice. But I do think that she will be an excellent running mate for Biden. Hopefully the Democrats will win. We need to get Trump out of the White House.

Upvote 0