Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
She's only half black, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
But race shouldn't be an issue at all. I can't believe that in this day and age it still matters to some people.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She wouldn't have been my first choice--I would have picked Susan Rice. But I do think that she will be an excellent running mate for Biden. Hopefully the Democrats will win. We need to get Trump out of the White House.

I understand that you are hoping for a win...

But I really don't see it happening.
I don't see an energized base for the Democrats...in fact every move the Democrats make seems to energize the Republicans more.

Then the both of them have been caught on more than one occasion behaving like elitist snobs. That's the precise way to lose votes. Neither one can seem to connect with voters on a personal level.

I just watched Trump last weekend announce the executive orders... very personable and connecting.

That does more to get re-elected than anything.
And considering the record of Trump with the people...I don't see people making a change happening. Staying with the known versus the unknown.

Sure, it's a game.
But the false accusations aren't resonating with people. Ivanka Trump contributed to Harris' campaign for Senator ($2,000) and yet now she claims Trump is racist?
Like that's gonna fly.

The polls we are hearing about are jaded...the real ones that are accurate and expensive are still closely guarded secrets.
So where this year's election is almost a foregone conclusion.
I'm wondering who is gearing up for the next one.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand that you are hoping for a win...

But I really don't see it happening.
I don't see an energized base for the Democrats...in fact every move the Democrats make seems to energize the Republicans more.

Then the both of them have been caught on more than one occasion behaving like elitist snobs. That's the precise way to lose votes. Neither one can seem to connect with voters on a personal level.

I just watched Trump last weekend announce the executive orders... very personable and connecting.

That does more to get re-elected than anything.
And considering the record of Trump with the people...I don't see people making a change happening. Staying with the known versus the unknown.

Sure, it's a game.
But the false accusations aren't resonating with people. Ivanka Trump contributed to Harris' campaign for Senator ($2,000) and yet now she claims Trump is racist?
Like that's gonna fly.

The polls we are hearing about are jaded...the real ones that are accurate and expensive are still closely guarded secrets.
So where this year's election is almost a foregone conclusion.
I'm wondering who is gearing up for the next one.

I don't think we will know who won the election when we going to bed on election night. It is going to be a close race. Biden would not have been my first choice because of his age, but it isn't like Trump is a whole lot younger. Biden has said some stupid things, but just the other day Trump said that it was the Spanish flu that brought World War II to an end (he was only off by 25 years, and the flu alone didn't end any wars). I know of people (including my mom) who supported Trump four years ago who have turned against him because of his handling of the pandemic. I think we would agree that it will be close. In any event, VP choices don't swing elections.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we will know who won the election when we going to bed on election night. It is going to be a close race. Biden would not have been my first choice because of his age, but it isn't like Trump is a whole lot younger. Biden has said some stupid things, but just the other day Trump said that it was the Spanish flu that brought World War II to an end (he was only off by 25 years, and the flu alone didn't end any wars). I know of people (including my mom) who supported Trump four years ago who have turned against him because of his handling of the pandemic. I think we would agree that it will be close. In any event, VP choices don't swing elections.

I'm thinking that people elected Trump because he isn't a politician...not much of one at least...he has the self aggrandizement down pat but beyond that he is NOT a statesman.

Biden and Harris are career politicians. The very thing that crisis in the past has made people shy away from politicians.

I'm A-political...I believe that local politics do more to affect my life that whoever is hiding out in Washington. And currently our republican governor isn't doing a great job. TN has had some of the worst republican governors in the past 40 years. One wanted an income tax...one was a criminal...our current one can't say the same thing twice. It's a mess.

But I was pleasantly surprised at the stimulus money...that's gotta resonate with people other than me. It was a fairly Democrat thing to do. It likely will buy him the next four years.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't think we will know who won the election when we going to bed on election night. It is going to be a close race. Biden would not have been my first choice because of his age, but it isn't like Trump is a whole lot younger.
But he has aged a whole lot better than others of his years, whereas the opposite seems to be the case with Biden.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Black male leaders warn Biden ‘will lose’ election if he doesn't name Black female running mate
A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate.

In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

Will Joe cave to the demands made in the letter?....has he already caved even before the letter?.....Or will we be able to tell the difference?
Selecting a black woman as his running mate doesn't mean that he caved into anyone unless he passed up higher qualified people because of the demands of those who were wanting a black woman.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In any event, VP choices don't swing elections.
They say that, but it is generally agreed that poor choices made in the past, such as when Nixon took Lodge, McGovern took Shriver, Dole took Kemp, McCain took Palin, and Hillary took Kaine, hurt their chances. Each of these picks was based upon what looked at the time like sensible, well-thought out calculations...but it didn't turn out that way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That depends on Joe Biden and no one else.
If he had picked someone who was unqualified I would say that he may have caved. However, he picked someone who is certainly qualified amd meets the requirements for office.

I did hear that some have already made the incorrect claim that she is not a US citizen.

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
But I was pleasantly surprised at the stimulus money...that's gotta resonate with people other than me. It was a fairly Democrat thing to do. It likely will buy him the next four years.

So quick bribe before the elections that makes you look a bit like your opponents resonate better with people than voting for candidate who advocates making actual structural changes on the issue ?

Where is the logic in that ?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Another way of looking at it is this: Harris is ranked as the most liberal member of the US Senate, and since the radicals in Congress are boasting about how they've been successful at pressuring Biden, it looks as though they had their way with the VP selection as well.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Black male leaders warn Biden ‘will lose’ election if he doesn't name Black female running mate
A group of over 100 Black male leaders is declaring that presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “has” to name a Black woman as his running mate.

In a letter made public on Monday, the signatories warned the former vice president that “failing to select a Black woman in 2020 means you will lose the election.”

Will Joe cave to the demands made in the letter?....has he already caved even before the letter?.....Or will we be able to tell the difference?
I would not worry too much about Biden. I don't think that he will be on the ballet in November. I also believe that this is why you have not seen a VP appointed.. They cannot appoint a VP when they are not sure that the nominated candidate for President will remember his name on the ballet.

I really do feel for this man... Like him or not... He is really suffering from a terrible disease and they leave him out there to look like a fool .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So quick bribe before the elections that makes you look a bit like your opponents resonate better with people than voting for candidate who advocates making actual structural changes on the issue ?

Where is the logic in that ?

Back pocket politics resonates with people struggling during a crisis.

Has for thousands of years now. It worked for Caesar and now Trump.

Career Politicians are not viewed well during national crisis...Trump had a field day with them last weekend with the announcement for his Executive Orders.

Any look at history shows this to be true...
From Abraham Lincoln to Harry Truman... crisis begets non-politicians to the forefront.
Which, even though it wasn't true, got Reagan elected. His message resonated with a frustrated electorate.
Last weekend from Trump I'm sure resonated with a lot of people. He blasted both sides for being politicians... especially the left.

Upvote 0