Will God suffer emotionally for eternity for those in hell?

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having emotions means He is sentimental does it not?
Why doesn't He destroy the ones in hell?
I think this is too many questions for one topic. Not all believe there is a Hell, and for the ones who do, they are split between suffering forever and total destruction. If you want to hear the argument for these sides....it may be best to start a new tread on the topic, or read through the many that have been created already.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Winner!

What about my post confused you? I made no mention of Hell or eternal suffering in my post.

Suffering. God suffering. You mentioned it, did you not?

And thank you. I absolutely DO need God and the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Suffering. God suffering. You mentioned it, did you not?

And thank you. I absolutely DO need God and the prayers of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

I have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of my infirmities. It is also fitting to note that not all of us serve the same God....even when we think we do. So it is not uncommon for them to have different character traits.

• Winner
Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
He is not changed, but He has emotions. He deeply loves us. So, existing and knowing that so much if His creation is suffering would move Him in some way I would think. Or does He implement justice and then just not think about them?

So, existing and knowing that so much if His creation is suffering would move Him in some way I would think.

It did.

He was moved to send His only begotten Son to suffer inexplicably and to die for us.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of my infirmities. It is also fitting to note that not all of us serve the same God....even when we think we do. So it is not uncommon for them to have different character traits.

Which God have you and everyone been discussing here?

Did that change?

I was assuming that, based on the OP and the many posts, that the God being referenced is the living God of the Bible.

No?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which God have you and everyone been discussing here?

Did that change?

I was assuming that, based on the OP and the many posts, that the God being referenced is the living God of the Bible.

No?
The Pharisee felt they were worshiping the living God of the bible as well, no? The God we make up in our head after reading words and putting two and two together is not the living God...The god made from a collection of attributes written in words do no have feelings.

I don't claim or assume who anyone worships. We are all free to answer questions based on the God we know.....or the one we read about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Pharisee felt they were worshiping the living God of the bible as well, no? The God we make up in our head after reading words and putting two and two together is not the living God...The god made from a collection of attributes written in words do no have feelings.

I don't claim or assume who anyone worships. We are all free to answer questions based on the God we know.....or the one we read about.

Not quite following you in regards to what i asked.

Regarding the Pharisees, however, no, they neither knew, loved, nor worshiped the living God of the Bible.

Didn't Jesus describe them quite graphically?

Upvote 0

Restless heart

Sep 7, 2017
Halifax
✟17,489.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is there a difference between empathy and sentimentality?

Do you mean that, because we all perceive the world differently due to personality, experiences, etc. we all perceive the Christian God differently?
God doesn't change. There is only one God, and He reveals himself to us personally, so I guess we all see Him and relate to Him a little differently. Is that what you mean?

Upvote 0

Restless heart

Sep 7, 2017
Halifax
✟17,489.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Is there a difference between empathy and sentimentality?

Yes. God is empathetic, not sentimental.

All this is starting to make sense to me now. Thank you for all your replies, I really appreciate it!

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does God "need" us?

In the sense that God desires nearness to His creation. This is why we are commanded to walk in such perfect love for Him that it casts out all fear (1 John 4:18; Revelation 21:8). He loves us and desires us to be close to Him, so long as we come as little children. This is why He was so displeased with the disciples when they rebuked those who were bringing children to Him to lay hands on. It depicts Him as exactly the type of Person He is not (Mark 10:13-16).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
In the sense that God desires nearness to His creation. This is why we are commanded to walk in such perfect love for Him that it casts out all fear (1 John 4:18; Revelation 21:8). He loves us and desires us to be close to Him, so long as we come as little children. This is why He was so displeased with the disciples when they rebuked those who were bringing children to Him to lay hands on. It depicts Him as exactly the type of Person He is not (Mark 10:13-16).

How does any of that say that God "needs" us?

• Useful
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trying to wrap my head around this...God is pained by the fact that many will go to hell. Eternal hell. So, does that mean that God will forever feel pain? In a sense, will God suffer emotionally for eternity because He will forever be aware of those in hell, whom He loves, suffering for eternity?

Hi,

Well, they chose. We have free will. If we go to hell, it's because we opted for that choice.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trying to wrap my head around this...God is pained by the fact that many will go to hell. Eternal hell. So, does that mean that God will forever feel pain?

What are your sources for this concern? It's admirable that you are thinking about others.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So, does that mean that God will forever feel pain? In a sense, will God suffer emotionally for eternity because He will forever be aware of those in hell, whom He loves, suffering for eternity?

Rev 21:4 says, “And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.”

Don't you think that God will wipe away His own tears?

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I do not believe in hell. I used to believe in it but when I started to have chronic pain I began to feel God would not make anyone suffer for eternity.

Forgive me, but I suffer from chronic pain, as well as fibromyalgia, depression, diabetes, arthritis and a bad back, as well as some other things that I don't care to share. I believe in hell. I have lived through some of it in my 66 years on the earth. But you have to understand, God didn't send them to hell. Each and every soul in hell has made its own decision to go there, rather than accept the love and grace of God.

Upvote 0