BrokenBones76

Dec 14, 2015
USA
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My marriage of 16 years has been on the rocks lately. Through all the troubles we've had its came down to me pleading with her to put her phone down and reconnect with me. Even the kids see it. She is on all social media, games, and even texts friends and family before our family time. She can't even make time to pause and put her hand on my shoulder and kiss me as she walks by to go to the bathroom after getting home from work. Instead she yells at me that she was busy on a group chat and had pee. We haven't been intimate in almost a month. We normally never go a week without it, even when we fuss. There is so much stress and tension and lack of affection I have had to double my Cymbalta and I regularly throw up due to stress. She even started smoking agin because she's stressed too. But talking to her is useless because I have to be at fault and that never allows us to truly resolve anything so we can move forward. I'm afraid I am the only one who even tries to pray about it. But lately even at that my faith is shaken somewhat because of my marriage.

Miche_nz

Nov 14, 2015
✟15,703.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Broken
I'm sorry your going through a rough time.
For what ever reason your wife has distanced herself and while your annoyed, or she is picking up the signs your not happy with her "phone / group chat" carry on , she will continue to make excuses to herself to justify her actions.
I would try another angle. When she gets in from work, surprise her with a cuppa or flowers , offer to cook or go out for dinner, keep doing the nice things. Now she has to start being accountable for her actions and can't use you as the excuse.
Maybe try not to argue, keep doing the niceties offer to be part of the group.
Your in my prayers
Praying for you.

Upvote 0

Truthearthdefender

Dec 31, 2015
California
✟15,450.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
My marriage of 16 years has been on the rocks lately. Through all the troubles we've had its came down to me pleading with her to put her phone down and reconnect with me. Even the kids see it. She is on all social media, games, and even texts friends and family before our family time. She can't even make time to pause and put her hand on my shoulder and kiss me as she walks by to go to the bathroom after getting home from work. Instead she yells at me that she was busy on a group chat and had pee. We haven't been intimate in almost a month. We normally never go a week without it, even when we fuss. There is so much stress and tension and lack of affection I have had to double my Cymbalta and I regularly throw up due to stress. She even started smoking agin because she's stressed too. But talking to her is useless because I have to be at fault and that never allows us to truly resolve anything so we can move forward. I'm afraid I am the only one who even tries to pray about it. But lately even at that my faith is shaken somewhat because of my marriage.
Here is a sermon series that may give you perspective and help strengthen your relationship with God and then your partner. Leaders in your community should be able to assist as well. Be humble and ask them for help. Do it for you, your family, and God.

markdriscoll.org/sermon-series/real-marriage

Upvote 0