Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://www.covenantofavalon.org/Writings/history_paleo.html

Before you go straight to Wicca, I think you may do better by starting with a history of Druidry. But if you don't feel like reading you can get information here. http://paganwiccan.about.com/cs/pagantraditions/

These are not sites that promote the pagan religions, they are filled with helpful info.

It's always a good idea to be at least a little educated about a religion before discussing it.

This way we can avoid a whole new series of witch burnings :)

Upvote 0

1vision

1vision
Dec 22, 2003
georgia
✟468.00
Faith
Christian
Concerning the wicca part, i don't fully agree with u. I agree with the part that says that we should not judge others, and condemn them, but it also needs to be remembered that if u have an enemy who is trying to harm you, you should not sit up there and say that Jesus said be kind to them, because he also said that we need to use wisdom, and many times he rebuked the devil in a serious harsh way. rEmember about spiritual warfare. The devil is not our friend. Though it is really not the person but the devil working throogh them, we should not deny the fact that they are literally against us in their functioning. The bible warns us about who we associate and are friends with.

Upvote 0
I

indigo tree

1vision said:
Though it is really not the person but the devil working throogh them, we should not deny the fact that they are literally against us in their functioning. The bible warns us about who we associate and are friends with.
It also says this. "For whoever is not against us is for us."-Mark 9:40

I believe that to fit into the category of being against us, you have to make a concious choice.As midnight star nor any wiccan on this forum (from what I can see) has been hostile towards anyone because of thier religion, I would consider them friends.

Kira- what you just said is precisely my conviction about other religions. How could an all-knowing God create people of different minds and then expect them to conform to the same religion? My God is smarter than that.

Reactions: LibertyChic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gilgamesh

Feb 8, 2004
West Virginia
✟555.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
oneiric said:
Nope, not true. Those who openly reject Christ do not walk with Him in eternal fellowship after death.

How the hell do you know? God can do whatever He wants, and if He desires a sinner to enter Heaven, then what you say isn't going to matter to Him.

Upvote 0

Gilgamesh

Feb 8, 2004
West Virginia
✟555.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
ByGrace said:
You seem to have pointed out the source of your flawed thinking. You say that you have been studying wicca for a few days and the more you study the more it looks good. You are allowing the devil in to tempt you and delving into things that God has warned you about. Now you are agreeing with evil and disagreeing with Gods word. This is why you are warned about getting into occultic practices. It is of satan and will lead you astray if you allow it to. I suggest you repent and get back into the Word.

I suggest you shut up and stop trying to keep people from learning about other cultures. Just because you want to be an anti-intellectual doesn't mean we all have to follow suit.

Upvote 0

Gilgamesh

Feb 8, 2004
West Virginia
✟555.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
oneiric said:
Christianity's "flawed and inaccurate" picture of Christ comes straight from the Bible, the Word of God. This "flawed and inaccurate" picture of Christ comes straight from the words He said and those who lived, preached, ate with Him, and witnessed His many wondrous miracles. Christ said He was the Way, the Truth, and the Light and that no one will reach Heaven except through Him. Christianity didn't make this up for the hell of it. It was said by Him. And I believe Him.

Am I the only person who knows the REAL meaning of the phrase "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light and no one will reach Heaven except through me?"

I must laugh and at the same time repress an instinctual urge to punch something when I see people use this argument to explain that all non-believers go to Hell.

In ACTUALITY, that verse means either

A) Jesus will judge every sinner according to his works------NO mention of HAVING to believe. Anybody who says OTHERWISE is making a COMPLETE fabrication and SUBMITTING to the BRAINWASHING that seems to have made everyone else but me accept the BOGUS explanation of this verse.

B) Jesus is being symbolized as peace, love, mercy, and compassion. The implication is that if you display these qualities you can reach Heaven.

Also, people, God can do whatever He wants. It doesn't matter what his book says. That's just to scare us into believing. The fact of the matter is that if He wants to save a sinner who has done good deeds and such, He can and nothing's going to stop it. And don't you DARE start with the whole "men's deeds are like rags" because that is the most pitifully fallible argument I've ever seen next to the "I am the Way and if you don't follow it in the standard BOGUS meaning propagated by the TRUE Satanists (Most Baptists) you go straight to Hell, buddy, don't pass go, don't collect $200" argument.

The fact of the matter is that God would be unfair if he set puny humans up to his high standards. He will most likely judge us by our standards. By standards we can live up to.

I think a whole lot of people who go to Heaven are going to be REAL surprised when they find Buddhists and Hindus and Wiccans and such walking around.

Don't you dare start your BAPTIST stuff with me, either. I know most or at least a lot of Baptists are nothing but SATAN-worshippers. Their claim that everyone else worships Satan is really only a clever deception by the Great Deceiver himself. The entire sect is founded upon nothing but lies, and nobody with an IQ over 120 could possibly fall for their trap unless he was indoctrinated into their fold at a very young age when his mind was susceptible to their pitiful brainwashing programs (Chick tracts, etc.). Sadly, many less-able-minded people have been deceived by their INVALID AND EVIL interpretation of scriptures, and I pray to the REAL AND TRUE GOD that they will someday be delivered from their IGNORANCE.

Upvote 0

peaceful soul

Senior Veteran
Sep 4, 2003
✟7,592.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Gilgamesh said:
Am I the only person who knows the REAL meaning of the phrase "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Light and no one will reach Heaven except through me?"

I must laugh and at the same time repress an instinctual urge to punch something when I see people use this argument to explain that all non-believers go to Hell.

In ACTUALITY, that verse means either

A) Jesus will judge every sinner according to his works------NO mention of HAVING to believe. Anybody who says OTHERWISE is making a COMPLETE fabrication and SUBMITTING to the BRAINWASHING that seems to have made everyone else but me accept the BOGUS explanation of this verse.

B) Jesus is being symbolized as peace, love, mercy, and compassion. The implication is that if you display these qualities you can reach Heaven.

Also, people, God can do whatever He wants. It doesn't matter what his book says. That's just to scare us into believing. The fact of the matter is that if He wants to save a sinner who has done good deeds and such, He can and nothing's going to stop it. And don't you DARE start with the whole "men's deeds are like rags" because that is the most pitifully fallible argument I've ever seen next to the "I am the Way and if you don't follow it in the standard BOGUS meaning propagated by the TRUE Satanists (Most Baptists) you go straight to Hell, buddy, don't pass go, don't collect $200" argument.

The fact of the matter is that God would be unfair if he set puny humans up to his high standards. He will most likely judge us by our standards. By standards we can live up to.

I think a whole lot of people who go to Heaven are going to be REAL surprised when they find Buddhists and Hindus and Wiccans and such walking around.

Don't you dare start your BAPTIST stuff with me, either. I know most or at least a lot of Baptists are nothing but SATAN-worshippers. Their claim that everyone else worships Satan is really only a clever deception by the Great Deceiver himself. The entire sect is founded upon nothing but lies, and nobody with an IQ over 120 could possibly fall for their trap unless he was indoctrinated into their fold at a very young age when his mind was susceptible to their pitiful brainwashing programs (Chick tracts, etc.). Sadly, many less-able-minded people have been deceived by their INVALID AND EVIL interpretation of scriptures, and I pray to the REAL AND TRUE GOD that they will someday be delivered from their IGNORANCE.

Where is the idiot meter? OOPs! I think it does not function anymore since you broke it.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
In 2000, after having seen this float around, I e-mailed Mr. Taylor's parish and received this reply from the preist.

Mr. Taylor is not a member of this Parish And has not been since
1994. As can be plainly seen by his essay he has separated himself from the
Orthodox Church and no credence should be given to his views as having any validity or truth. I am not sure he even lives in Colorado any more. This thing has been floating around for some time, I hope people stop giving it some kind of truth of which it has none.
In Christ,
Priest Nicholas Dotson

What you have is the personal opinion of someone who has left his church and is considered to be spreading heresy with this essay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
oneiric said:
Christianity's "flawed and inaccurate" picture of Christ comes straight from the Bible, the Word of God. This "flawed and inaccurate" picture of Christ comes straight from the words He said and those who lived, preached, ate with Him, and witnessed His many wondrous miracles. Christ said He was the Way, the Truth, and the Light and that no one will reach Heaven except through Him. Christianity didn't make this up for the hell of it. It was said by Him. And I believe Him.

It comes from YOUR *interpretation* of the Bible: I've seen Christians promoting almost everything and backing it up with quotations from the "Word of God": Warmongering, beating children, treating women as inferior beings, even communism, capitalism and racism. (And yes, they SHOULD contradict themselves - so does the bible.)

There's some passage for everyone, and you can justify every terrible prejudice or political line by looking for a passage from the Bible - it's all in there!
So what use is that book if it can be abused in any way imaginable? And how can you be sure that YOUR reading is right? You can't. In fact, I sincerely believe that your reading is completely wrong and neglects the historical situation and the circumstances.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Kira Faye said:
and??? is his point fo view as a human no longer vaild?

His point of view as an Orthodox is no longer valid and presumably as a Christian either.

His point of view as a human is irrelevant to the topic if he's supposedly representing a religion he's no longer part of.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
USincognito said:
His point of view as an Orthodox is no longer valid and presumably as a Christian either.

His point of view as a human is irrelevant to the topic if he's supposedly representing a religion he's no longer part of.

So you say that in order to be a christian, you have to be part of a parish or denomination?

Funny, and I thought being a Christian was all about believing in Christ...

Upvote 0