✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Jane_the_Bane said:
So you say that in order to be a christian, you have to be part of a parish or denomination?

Funny, and I thought being a Christian was all about believing in Christ...

If one is going to presuppose to address an issue on behalf of a branch of Christianity (Orthodoxy) or as a spokeperson for the religion itself, one can only reduce the gravitas of ones words if not a formal member of said religion. James Clement Moore's opinion as a Christian is one thing. James Clement Moore speaking on behalf of Orthodoxy or Christianity is another.

Upvote 0

AmeriLovesJesus

BELIEVING IS SEEING
Jan 18, 2004
New Jersey
Visit site
✟16,350.00
Faith
Christian
Cant we just stop all this fighting?... This board really upsets me sometimes!!
I love Jesus! and he told me to love others as he has loved me!
I am not to hate anyone nor judge anyone!!

No matter what you try you cannot change someones beliefs.. who have their beliefs set.. It took me on my own to get closer to Jesus!! I didnt like how some people would push me and tell me this and that would happen!! Jesus came to me.. no one else!! He came with his own words.. his own power!! ...

Jesus loves everyone!! and I would do just what Jesus did!! Love everyone...

Reactions: Smilin
Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Havoc said:
When the Christians have finished beating each other up, maybe we can get back to discussing Wiccans?
You beat me to it my friend! :wave:

Used to, they'd burn one or both of us at the stake..
Now, they tend to bash each other...
10_9_134.gif

Ironic how the Non-Christians remain more civil with each other...eh?

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Havoc said:
When the Christians have finished beating each other up, maybe we can get back to discussing Wiccans?

It's not just us. A pagan I know once cheerfully announced that the only good Norse Pagan is a dead Norse Pagan. I'm not sure which kind he was.

BTW, you owe me a PM or an email from about two years back. :)

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Havoc said:
If there's anything a Christian hates more than a Pagan, it's another Christian... who interprets scripture just a little bit differently than he does.
you're talking about the Christian scripture (whichever one of many they
choose)...

yeah...some reach critical mass when you can quote their scripture
to them just as accurately.

And when sadly, when a Norse's time is up, he must be put out
to pasture... to graze in the afterlife.:D ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephthys

Neo-Pagan apologist
Dec 9, 2003
Pennsylvania, USA
Visit site
✟7,675.00
Faith
Pagan
oneiric said:
Christianity's "flawed and inaccurate" picture of Christ comes straight from the Bible, the Word of God. This "flawed and inaccurate" picture of Christ comes straight from the words He said and those who lived, preached, ate with Him, and witnessed His many wondrous miracles. Christ said He was the Way, the Truth, and the Light and that no one will reach Heaven except through Him. Christianity didn't make this up for the hell of it. It was said by Him. And I believe Him.

It is your choice to believe that the Bible is the perfect "Word of God" and that it accuratly recorded and described Jesus' life and words. I do not feel that it is my place to tell you to believe otherwise. However, just because that is your belief does not mean it is shared by others and it does not necessarily make your view of the Bible literally or historically true.

I do not wish to get into a big debate about this. I am happy to agree to disagree on this issue, but I feel it is good to acknowledge other perspectives on the subject. I certainly do not think Christianity "make this up for the hell of it" but I do not regard the Bible as the Word of God either. Then again, I'm not a Christian myself, but I do know other Christians who might disagree with your statement.

P.S. Sorry to be nit-picky Tsaxgurl :blush: ....but the title should have been "Wiccans in Heaven?" not "Wiccan's in Heaven?" Thank you for the original post though, I've always appreciated that article.

Reactions: Mϋzikdϋde
Upvote 0

nephthys

Neo-Pagan apologist
Dec 9, 2003
Pennsylvania, USA
Visit site
✟7,675.00
Faith
Pagan
Irish_Guevara said:
What are the Summerlands?

Generally, The Summerlands are believed to be a place where souls can rest between incarnations. I wouldn't really call it a Pagan "Heaven," but it isn't a bad place to be either. ;)

As far as what Wiccans believe about the Afterlife....as has been stated a few times here and elsewhere, most believe in some form or reincarnation. Some people take the concept of reincarnation rather literally: you die, your soul comes back in a new body, and you retain your essential spiritual nature - that is, if you did past-life regressions or something like that you would remember a part of you that lived during another time and place, etc. This seems to be the Traditional Wiccan idea. This concept seems clearly conveyed from the tale of "The Descent of the Goddess", a myth enacted in Gardnerian and Alexandrian traditions of Wicca:
For there are three great events in the life of man - love, death and resurrection in the new body - and magic controls them all. To fulfil love you must return again at the same time and place as the loved ones, and you must remember and love him or her again. But to be reborn you must die and be ready for a new body; to die you must be born; without love you would not be born, and this is all the magic.

Other Wiccans may see reincarnation as metaphorical: you die, and your body returns to the Earth, to the Goddess, and you are "reborn" as plants have used the matter from your body to grow, etc. This is sort of the view espoused in the poem called "Thanatopsis" by William Cullen Bryant. He was not Wiccan, but I think this poem expressed a concept found in Wicca very well.

Upvote 0