Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Lifesaver said:
WHenever you affirm something, Cerridwen, you deny its negation, whether you like it or not.
saying I like the color blue does not change the fact I also like the color red.

So, when you say "there are many paths to the Divine", you are actively saying that it is false that "Jesus Christ is the only path".
which is not the same as saying that Jesus or Christianity is not a path at all.

Saying there are many paths does not negate the truth of any path. We recognize and honor your path and all paths even though Christian path or the Hindu path or the Buddhist paths or any other paths are not a path we are on or would choose to take.

Stop this "truth for me, truth for you" talk, because it's completely nonsensical.
no it is only logical

We disagree, therefore we think each other is wrong. It's a simple logical conclusion, but you seem too reluctant to make it.
no you demand that we are wrong. We do not insist that you are wrong at all, just on a different path.

Even though you deny Christianity (and many other religions) with what you say about the gods, paths, magic, you seem to have some problem with saying explicitly "Christianity is false".
no one is saying Christianity is false. No one is denying that Christianity is a valid spiritual path.

You can't, at the same time, say "there are many paths" and "Catholicism is true". This is contradictory. I wish you would realize that.
no it is true

God didn't create evil.

When a trumpet sounds in a city,
do not the people tremble?
When disaster comes to a city,
has not the LORD caused it?

Amos 3:6

Is it not out of the mouth of the Most High that evil and good both proceed? Lamentations 3:38

Now therefore, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith Jehovah: Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and amend your ways and your doings.

Jeremuah 18:11

I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; Ezekiel 20: 25

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
According to MY beliefs, you do. According to your beliefs, you follow numerous gods and goddesses (from what i understand).

I answered the OP and explained my opinion.
well, at least you realize (unlike SOME people here...*cough*lifesaver)that those are your beliefs and our beliefs our different....even though i do not agree with your belief of other relgions being evil, i at least commend you for not forcing that belief on others but simply just said its what you believe.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
Funny how LifeSaver isn't talking once more because he has been proven wrong; looks like you've finally conceded LifeSaver, and agreed with us...for once.

Before you start having a go at other Wiccans; read up on the facts and not the fiction.
Yes...it is funny...wonder how long it takes him to reply back if ever....
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0

angelnstix

Believer
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
✟1,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
leewood1987 said:
Right, seeing as my other one died - new discussion. Wicca; is it the "evil, demonic cult" portrayed by the medieval-minded Christians or is there really some good in this earth religion? Discuss...
Leewood you started this thread, then put people down for thinking it is evil. You asked and you were definitely told. If you do not want truth or opinions from others then WHY do you start a thread questioning others.:scratch: Evidently you must be walking the thin line wondering where your beliefs really do lie within yourself. I am a :angel: Christian, I do NOT believe in wicca. I believe in Jesus. So theres my opinion..you gonna bash me too? A question I would like for you to answer is if you are wiccan why didn't you join a wiccan site instead of cf? Did you come here to recruit or did you come here because you really are walking the line and wondering about Christianity? This site is called Christian Forums and when I see atheists and wiccans I always ask myself that question. I always stop from coming right out and asking but could not keep myself from it. So please enlighten me and others are very welcome to do the same. One more thing...I do pray when I see non-believers in God and you being blessed by a believer is something you should very much welcome. I think its awesome someone blessed you. We all need all the blessings we can get.
God bless, angelnstix

Upvote 0

angelnstix

Believer
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
✟1,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LifeSaver[/b] and not your mouth.
Again...you asked for opinions...you got them. Telling someone to open their eyes and not their mouth???? That is downright rude. Why start a thread of this nature and when someone does not agree with you run them in the dirt? I am really shocked at this.

Upvote 0

ravenwolf

Free Spirit
Jun 20, 2004
✟891.00
Faith
Pagan
Leewood you started this thread, then put people down for thinking it is evil. You asked and you were definitely told. If you do not want truth or opinions from others then WHY do you start a thread questioning others.:scratch: Evidently you must be walking the thin line wondering where your beliefs really do lie within yourself. I am a :angel: Christian, I do NOT believe in wicca. I believe in Jesus. So theres my opinion..you gonna bash me too? A question I would like for you to answer is if you are wiccan why didn't you join a wiccan site instead of cf? Did you come here to recruit or did you come here because you really are walking the line and wondering about Christianity? This site is called Christian Forums and when I see atheists and wiccans I always ask myself that question. I always stop from coming right out and asking but could not keep myself from it. So please enlighten me and others are very welcome to do the same. One more thing...I do pray when I see non-believers in God and you being blessed by a believer is something you should very much welcome. I think its awesome someone blessed you. We all need all the blessings we can get.
God bless, angelnstix
I know this wasnt directed at me but there are a few things i would like to reply to Iif you dont mind.....I dont bash people because they believ the christian faith which is that all other religions are evil , but when someone(as in lifesavers case) starts to TELL ME what i should believe and that I am evil for doing so or not doing so..your darn right im going to defend myself...as for coming to this forum..i happened to be doing a search for a wiccan forum but this one came up as a thread on wicca and i read it and i looked around and i thought it was really cool that there were so many different faiths on here that i decided to join...i happen to like the diversity here and i like being able to learn first hand others beliefs and opinions outside of my own....I agree those are your oipnions and its your right to state them..i dont think any here will bash you becuase of it...now if you were to come off as condescened and say your wrong and im right and your going to hell, and you are evil...then well of course you'll get a taste of you own medicine. There is a difference between simply saying your opinion and trying to force your opinion in a condescending bigotrous manner. And further more...if some says your religion is evil...and so and so replies it is not evil because blah blah blah....that is not bashing..that is simply giving an opinion and a clarification of what the beliefs are.
Blessings
~ravenwolf

Upvote 0

leewood1987

Jul 4, 2004
Tamworth
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pagan
I do not agree with LifeSaver's views because he is putting more people down than I am; he is slandering us for what we believe in. He is calling us 'satanic spellcasters' who enjoy hurting people with magick. I agree with the majority of people who post their views on here; but not his...when people are intolerant of my religion (in ways he has been) then I'm intolerant towards them...sorry.

Upvote 0

love-life

Jul 8, 2004
Tamworth UK
✟7,645.00
Faith
Christian
well i personally believe that we should be aloud to practise what we want as long as we do not force it upon ne1 else! i am a christian and i don't like the idea of practising magic but it is thee choice and arn't we all told to live togther in piece and harmony , that isn't goin 2 happen if we all hate each other!!!!

Reactions: DJ_Ghost
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LADY DI

Lady of The Lord
May 27, 2004
CALIFORNIA
✟13,006.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
ravenwolf said:
I know this wasnt directed at me but there are a few things i would like to reply to Iif you dont mind.....I dont bash people because they believ the christian faith which is that all other religions are evil , but when someone(as in lifesavers case) starts to TELL ME what i should believe and that I am evil for doing so or not doing so..your darn right im going to defend myself...as for coming to this forum..i happened to be doing a search for a wiccan forum but this one came up as a thread on wicca and i read it and i looked around and i thought it was really cool that there were so many different faiths on here that i decided to join...i happen to like the diversity here and i like being able to learn first hand others beliefs and opinions outside of my own....I agree those are your oipnions and its your right to state them..i dont think any here will bash you becuase of it...now if you were to come off as condescened and say your wrong and im right and your going to hell, and you are evil...then well of course you'll get a taste of you own medicine. There is a difference between simply saying your opinion and trying to force your opinion in a condescending bigotrous manner. And further more...if some says your religion is evil...and so and so replies it is not evil because blah blah blah....that is not bashing..that is simply giving an opinion and a clarification of what the beliefs are.
Blessings
~ravenwolf
I have to agree with Ravenwolf, I found this message board appeling because of the diversity.
I am a Christian, but I love to learn about the differences of others beliefs.
Since Ive been here I've learned alot about different faiths.

Upvote 0

Lifesaver

Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Volos said:
saying I like the color blue does not change the fact I also like the color red.
Liking the colour red does not negate liking the colour blue.
"I like the colour blue" negates "I dislike the colour blue".

Saying there are many paths does not negate the truth of any path. We recognize and honor your path
On the contrary. With every claim about religion that you make, be it about many paths, about magick, about the inexistence of sin, you negate Christianity. With each of those assertions, you deny Christianity is true. And it can't be any other way.

no you demand that we are wrong. We do not insist that you are wrong at all, just on a different path.
You do insist that we are wrong. You just, because of a slip in logic, believe you don't.

no one is saying Christianity is false. No one is denying that Christianity is a valid spiritual path.
I don't know what you mean by "valid", so I can't comment on that.
But yes, whenever you say "sin doesn't exist" you are negating "sin exists", and thus are saying that Christianity, at least in this respect (sin), is false.

And now we arrive at yet another attempt to interpret the Bible personally, trying to show that God creates evil and good.
However, what you are missing in your interpretation, is that evil is used in many of its passages to mean punishment to men, and thus called evil to them.
Punishment is not unjust, though, and therefore it is not evil in the moral sense (sinful).
Feel free to bring in more Bible verses to try to prove any point you have about Christianity, but keep in mind that the books there have been studied by theologians and thinkers for millenia, and that you, who lacks both the knowledge of the books themselves and of the times they were written, finding something new now would be very unlikely.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lifesaver

Fides et Ratio
Jan 8, 2004
São Paulo, Brazil
✟16,097.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
leewood1987 said:
He is calling us 'satanic spellcasters' who enjoy hurting people with magick.
You have just added calumny to your list of offenses against me.

As for satanic, let me once again make my beliefs clear:
Magick, in the usual sense (an energy that is manipulated) doesn't exist. People are doing these rituals in vain.
However, when the effects are reached, then there is only one explanation: demonic activity.
Therefore, anyone who effectively casts a spell, has actually used of demonic intervention to achieve a goal, consciously or not.

Upvote 0

leewood1987

Jul 4, 2004
Tamworth
✟15,159.00
Faith
Pagan
Magick is where you manipulate the energy around you and you also send energy out of you to make a change. Usually it can require just pointing a finger and visualising an outcome; but some spells require tools e.g. candles, incense etc to bring about a change, also an incantation could be required. There are 3 basic components; mood, timing & phase of moon. If you wanted to cast a healing spell; being angry affects the spell from working; the other two aren't as important, though if you want the spell to work properly; it's best to do it at the right times.

Upvote 0