Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
JonD said:
0_0 I'm so glad I didn't read all 129 pages....

First of all, I don't believe that Wicca is evil or of the devil. I don't believe that Wicca is a valid spiritual path, as I believe Jesus Christ is the way to achieve contentment and happiness, etc. I am not critisizing (sp) Wicca in any way, in fact I respect it and its followers.

Lifesaver, not to be offensive, but in the future you should be less confrontational and preach only when you can find something in common (Christian preaching to a Jew would likely start with their belief in the same God). Saying that someone else's religion is false because your religion says so is very ignorant.

My views on Wiccan spells are that they are simply a more ritualized version of prayer (from what I've learned). From what I've heard, Wiccans invoke a god (correct me if I'm wrong), and combine the god's power with theirs to perform a spell. Candles and incense, etc. please the god for better results, right? Except for the candles and such, I think that's quite like Christian praying. You're asking God (or in Wicca, a god) to help you or someone else with something. Something I've wondered about would be if a Christian tried a Wiccan spell by invoking God! 0_0 That would probably be pretty sacreligious, though.

I think Wicca's very interesting, and I'd like to learn more about it. This being said, I won't convert, I stand with Christ til the end, sorry. ;)

You should try reading all the pages.

How can something "NOT" be evil if it takes the glory away from Christ? I believe God's word is very specific about this...

You respect wiccans? Good. But there is nothing dis-respectful about standing up for what you believe in.

Upvote 0

feo

Angels Fall First
Feb 14, 2004
Arizona
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Whitegravity said:
Feo, you can't generalize and state that all people of those beliefs perform one action

I'm not generalizing anything.

Krysia said:
There are people in all walks of life who smoke pot. Saying Wiccans, as a whole, smoke pot would be incorrect.

hehehe I agree there are all sorts of ppl who smoke weed. I know some muslims who smoke it... and heck- I even know some Christians who do. It is not for me to judge (in fact; to be quite frank: id rather have ppl smoke than drink) but I was curious if it was part of a ritual...

... because my friend who was studying it said *everyone* that she had met; who was wiccan- smoked. Which made me believe it was part of a ritual (see post 1277)

But nevermind then!
I guess its not..

anyway: carry on!

Upvote 0

JonD

Jan 31, 2005
TN
✟147.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You should try reading all the pages.

How can something "NOT" be evil if it takes the glory away from Christ? I believe God's word is very specific about this...

You respect wiccans? Good. But there is nothing dis-respectful about standing up for what you believe in.

Like Jerusha_Girl said, unconfrontational is good! :) I don't want to argue.

I may not have any verses to back me up, but I wouldn't call Wicca evil, misleading, but not evil. Evil's a harsh word. -_- It is not taking away Christ's glory, but is leading some away from it. I don't want to slam Wiccans, but these are my beliefs. *Shrug*

Maybe when I finish some of my books I'll read the full 129 pages. Maybe.... 0_0

Upvote 0

ravenscape

Free Crazy Liz
Dec 19, 2004
Norton's Empire
✟58,184.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
feo said:
... because my friend who was studying it said *everyone* that she had met; who was wiccan- smoked. Which made me believe it was part of a ritual (see post 1277)

But nevermind then!
I guess its not..

anyway: carry on!

If it's part of a ritual it's a new ritual to me. I think someone mentioned earlier that it's not easy to do ritual in an impaired state. Not impossible any more than it's impossible to pray when stoned or drunk or even in a lot of pain.

There have been rituals in cultures all over the world whose religions include inducing an ecstatic state or some other state of mind through mind altering substances. There may be Wiccans or neopagans who do something similar. But it's certainly not universal.

Upvote 0