Central Florida
✟59,258.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If satan is as smart as hes claimed to be, surely he wouldve been aware of the prophecies of the suffering servant and death of the messiah right? Why would he willingly try to fulfill a prophecy that he surely was aware of? Even if he didn't know the prophecies he surely heard Jesus rebuking peter for trying to stop Jesus from being killed. So obviously he knew Jesus wanted to be sacrificed. So why would he give Jesus what he wanted and be happy about it? I find it hard to imagine satan was so stupid as thinking he won because jesus was dead, especially when he heard Jesus saying constantly he would be risen.

Scripture tells us only God can read the hearts of men. But good sense tells us Satan can hear the words of all men. So Satan learns what to expect by listening to Men who discuss and debate all manner of secret things, up to and including the stories from scripture.

Remember the problem the New "Testament Jews had with Messiah? They were familiar with the scriptures of old, but perceived "Messiah" as a political figure who would free Israel from the burden of Rome.

As those men of old discussed and argued and debated, Satan listened, and thought, and planned accordingly.

But -
"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."(1 Cor 2:7-9)

The scripture refers to "The heart of man" because whatever is in the "heart of man" Satan can learn about, and plan and scheme, for one reason only; Man cannot "Not" talk about what is in his heart. Thus does Satan learn of what Men look forward to, so God hid it from men, so Satan would never learn of it until the deed is accomplished, which deed was accomplished when Satan murdered Jesus of Galilee.

So yes, Satan heard about all of the prophetic utterances of scripture, for they were read aloud every Sabbath in the temple. But the "interpretation" thereof, Man did not know, nor could he reason beyond his immediate concerns, which at the time of Messiah, considered Rome to be their worst problem.

As for Satan knowing "Jesus wanted to be killed" - Satan was focused on the prayers of Jesus, which taught a far different story, and so did the scriptures. Jesus wept bitterly over his impending death, praying always to be relieved of that burden. Satan had no way of discerning the importance of that singular event.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If satan is as smart as hes claimed to be, surely he wouldve been aware of the prophecies of the suffering servant and death of the messiah right? Why would he willingly try to fulfill a prophecy that he surely was aware of? Even if he didn't know the prophecies he surely heard Jesus rebuking peter for trying to stop Jesus from being killed. So obviously he knew Jesus wanted to be sacrificed. So why would he give Jesus what he wanted and be happy about it? I find it hard to imagine satan was so stupid as thinking he won because jesus was dead, especially when he heard Jesus saying constantly he would be risen.

He couldn't in his mind understand how death could bring salvation. Who could? It sure looked like the game was over ... No one understood at that time that it was about Christ dying for our sins, neither did Satan. Who knows how his wicked mind works? He is cleaver, I'm sure about that, maybe that was his fall?

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He couldn't in his mind understand how death could bring salvation. Who could? It sure looked like the game was over ... No one understood at that time that it was about Christ dying for our sins, neither did Satan. Who knows how his wicked mind works. He is cleaver, I'm sure about that, maybe that was his fall?

That would almost seem to be the case, but John said openly, behold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, which caused a big stir even among his own disciples who had heard him.

Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That would almost seem to be the case, but John said openly, behold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world, which caused a big stir even among his own disciples who had heard him.

Yes but no one understood that it had to do with the cross.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Scripture tells us only God can read the hearts of men. But good sense tells us Satan can hear the words of all men. So Satan learns what to expect by listening to Men who discuss and debate all manner of secret things, up to and including the stories from scripture.
There is a lot of evidence all through Scripture and life,
such as "they will know ekklesia are immersed in Yeshus"
by the actual true and visible actions different from all others
that ekklesia show for one another.
(paraphrased words,; identical meaning)

i.e. even unbelievers can see the difference, God Willing.
(and often unbelievers do see the difference, and post it, "say so" )

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Remember the problem the New "Testament Jews had with Messiah? They were familiar with the scriptures of old, but perceived "Messiah" as a political figure who would free Israel from the burden of Rome.
I believe (obviously)
it is much much much better to remember first and also
the
New Testament Jews who YHWH revealed MESSIAH Y'SHUA to -
who all
became HIS DISCIPLES, immersed in His Name, born again, saved,
and followed Him, and testified of JESUS all their lives.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet God knowingly created him? Willing to sacrifice the many for the few, knowingly?
Where do you get that?

The loaded gun, in the proverbial crib.
Not. Rather healing balm for the sick, restoration for the lost , life for the little ones, in place of death.
God chose his own adversary, is an underlying principle of the process.
AMEIN !
This is where reasoning with God starts.
Not necessarily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, yet "flesh and blood" , i.e. "telling them" , even though JESUS MESSIAH told them,
did not convince them, not even the disciples!

No doubts there, though it has as much in symbolism to do with a tree as it did with a cross.

Upvote 0

Andrew4jesus

Apr 25, 2017
Banbury
✟24,145.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought the romans crucified Jesus on the say so of the Jewish elders?

Reactions: Colter
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you get that?

In the light of what I had said, do you believe God was surprised when he said about himself creating man on the earth just before the flood? That somehow he was unaware of what the outcome would be?

Not. Rather healing balm for the sick, restoration for the lost , life for the little ones, in place of death.

I don't look at it as such but it is a point to be wrestled with, like light and darkness, are they actually the same to him like adavid had said, or he created the destroyer, or evil. If God had not spoke nothing would have happened, very similar to a serpent.

AMEIN !

Not necessarily.

No, but it is a necessarily for me. Jesus returned to a glory that was before the world was, which makes a difference of where I am, if I am in him, which is, for tense and purposes an internal truth, one to be lived.

Sorry don't have this part quite figured out, so highlighted your answers.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe posted earlier, but what are you talking about re: "symbolism" ?

Cursed is anyone that hangs on a tree, or Judas (in one take) hangs himself on a tree, Adam hangs himself on one, so to speak, and it's what put Jesus on a cross, reasoning of men.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Cursed is anyone that hangs on a tree, or Judas (in one take) hangs himself on a tree, Adam hangs himself on one, so to speak, and it's what put Jesus on a cross, reasoning of men.
So what are you calling
or
how are you defining "symbolism" ??

Why not just agree with God's Word ??

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what are you calling
or
how are you defining "symbolism" ??

Why not just agree with God's Word ??

The word defines itself. Like paul's Sarah who he said symbolized the heavenly Jerusalem, which Jesus beforehand had spoken to the earthly one, one of bondage.

Symbolism is everywhere in scripture. Israel is a son, Jesus a lamb, Babylon a harlot, the law a mountain, or a Hagar, bond, free, born from above, or not.

Symbolism surrounds Satan, or the devil as it does the cross, or Judas in ways that compliment realties of the process of Christ being revealed in us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zoidar

Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,360.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It says he told his disciples.

I didn't think he mentioned the cross, but now I see he did in Matt 20. Obviosly Satan didn't have the whole picture or he wouldn't have crucified God's lamb. Somehow this was his way of revenge.

Maybe the truth about the cross was "hidden" in the light, and a being of darkness couldn't see it, or understand it. Even if Satan heard the words, that it would redeem mankind, it was outside his understanding, and his belief was still it would be the end of Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't think he mentioned the cross, but now I see he did in Matt 20. Obviosly Satan didn't have the whole picture or he wouldn't have crucified God's lamb. Somehow this was his way of revenge.

Maybe the truth about the cross was "hidden" in the light, and a being of darkness couldn't see it, or understand it. Even if Satan heard the words, that it would redeem mankind, it was outside his understanding, and his belief was still it would be the end of Jesus.

This description sounds very like a man, though God calls light out of darkness, and darkness does not comprehend it, being God is light, but like Jesus, no one knows God but God, and only those he reveals himself to, or should I say in.

This scripture “1Co 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory” is written in the context of the wisdom of men, to the extent that no one knows a man except the spirit that is in that man (and again) so much the more for God.

But If Satan had no idea about the events that were unfolding, why would we find this verse “Mat 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?” They seem to know things that were not written down as of yet, let alone the repetitive picture of a lamb sacrificed to take away the sin of Israel that played out yearly (or that is, when they actual kept the feast) before them as they watched. As the Hebrew writer puts it, almost all things are by the law purged with blood.

In the oldest book of the Bible we find God bragging on Job, but Satan is like, you have him hemmed about so I can’t touch him.

Satan obviously knew Jesus was the son of God (and what part of crush your head (in Genesis) could you not understand), and at the proper time was allowed to tempt him, the Spirit driving him into the wilderness for this very reason, and over the words, This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased. Satan knew as much as Jesus knew that no one could do anything to him, angel or man, unless the Father allowed it.

Satan serves his purpose (as do we all, ignorant of it or not, as Caiphas, or Judas), known to God before he ever created him.

Upvote 0