Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If satan is as smart as hes claimed to be, surely he wouldve been aware of the prophecies of the suffering servant and death of the messiah right? Why would he willingly try to fulfill a prophecy that he surely was aware of? Even if he didn't know the prophecies he surely heard Jesus rebuking peter for trying to stop Jesus from being killed. So obviously he knew Jesus wanted to be sacrificed. So why would he give Jesus what he wanted and be happy about it? I find it hard to imagine satan was so stupid as thinking he won because jesus was dead, especially when he heard Jesus saying constantly he would be risen.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
He believed he could stop the redemption of men, of sinners,
by
stopping Jesus. He tried many times.
He
just did not know what he was doing, or he would not have crucified Jesus.

Satan is never happy. There is no rest , no peace, for the wicked.

Oh, he thrives on people suffering, dying, pharmakeia, lying, war, and religion...
but
it is only temporary....

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If satan is as smart as hes claimed to be, surely he wouldve been aware of the prophecies of the suffering servant and death of the messiah right? Why would he willingly try to fulfill a prophecy that he surely was aware of? Even if he didn't know the prophecies he surely heard Jesus rebuking peter for trying to stop Jesus from being killed. So obviously he knew Jesus wanted to be sacrificed. So why would he give Jesus what he wanted and be happy about it? I find it hard to imagine satan was so stupid as thinking he won because jesus was dead, especially when he heard Jesus saying constantly he would be risen.

What makes you think he was that smart and aware of Gods plan?

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think he was that smart and aware of Gods plan?

Because its in the old testament prophecies. And Jesus constantly spoke about rising from the dead and wanting to sacrifice himself. Perhaps satan didn't know the mystery paul talks about salvation now being available to gentiles but even without knowing that he still knew that killing Jesus was exactly what Jesus wanted and what the prophets of old spoke about.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because its in the old testament prophecies. And Jesus constantly spoke about rising from the dead and wanting to sacrifice himself. Perhaps satan didn't know the mystery paul talks about salvation now being available to gentiles but even without knowing that he still knew that killing Jesus was exactly what Jesus wanted and what the prophets of old spoke about.
...and every monday I can quarterback and win the game.

I would say, just as the Jews missed it, so did Satan. Satan probably danced when Jesus died.

• Agree
Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The exact same reason the whole world dances and parties wildly
for three days
when
the
two witnesses are killed.

The exact same reason the nazi gestapo executions and
many other executioners all through history
laughed (in their own stupidity) and toasted a drink and partied
after slaughtering the lambs.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't imagine why Satan would dance after giving Jesus what he wanted.
Because Satan though he defeated Jesus by having Him die....and not fulfilling what Satan thought Jesus was going to fullfill.

If Satan knew he was going to be defeated by Jesus' death why did he enter into Judas?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Galatians 2:20 [Full Chapter]
When the Messiah was executed on the stake as a criminal, I was too; so that my proud ego no longer lives. But the Messiah lives in me, and the life I now live in my body I live by the same trusting faithfulness that the Son of God had, who loved me and gave himself up for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because Satan though he defeated Jesus by having Him die....and not fulfilling what Satan thought Jesus was going to fullfill.

By satans actions Jesus death is something he definitely wanted. But once he realized Jesus also wanted to die, even a regular person with some common sense would do everything they can to prevent their enemy from getting what they want.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Acts 4:10
be it known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,

whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by him this man is standing before you well.

=======

Revelation 11:8
and their dead bodies will lie in the street of the great city which is allegorically called Sodom and Egypt, where their Lord was crucified.
============
1 Corinthians 2:8
None of the rulers of this age understood this; for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

=======================
Romans 6:6
We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the sinful body might be destroyed, and we might no longer be enslaved to sin.
============================

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By satans actions Jesus death is something he definitely wanted. But once he realized Jesus also wanted to die, even a regular person with some common sense would do everything they can to prevent their enemy from getting what they want.

Keep in mind we're both speculating for the most part.
I think Satan wanted Jesus to die in order to stop Him.....Jesus took the cup and became the sacrifice which I think surperised Satan.

• Agree
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What could satan do other than try to tempt Him? Satan could not either stop Him from being killed or have Him killed. Satan could influence those around Yeshua to do evil. You remember what He said to Peter in Matthew 16:23 when Peter said Yeshua would not die? He said "get thee behind me satan". The plan of redemption would occur...period.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
He's not stupid, but we ARE talking about a created being who staged an uprising against the all-powerful God. As smart as he is, he has hubris. Besides, he's also sadistic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What could satan do other than try to tempt Him? Satan could not either stop Him from being killed or have Him killed. Satan could influence those around Yeshua to do evil. You remember what He said to Peter in Matthew 16:23 when Peter said Yeshua would not die? He said "get thee behind me satan". The plan of redemption would occur...period.

I get that it would occur regardless, what I don't get is why satan would do everything he could to make it happen. I get why satan tried all he could to tempt Jesus and make him commit a sin, because then it would all be over and satan wouldve won, but killing jesus when you know he wants to die makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Scripture teaches us Satan was not aware how the death of Jesus would power our salvation.

1 Cor 2:7-8 but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
NASU

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I never heard that Satan crucified Jesus.

Revelation 13
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

1 Peter 1
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, 21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Redemption was part of God's plan before He created Adam and Eve.

Romans 9
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Ephesians 3
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,

18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟78,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I get that it would occur regardless, what I don't get is why satan would do everything he could to make it happen. I get why satan tried all he could to tempt Jesus and make him commit a sin, because then it would all be over and satan wouldve won, but killing jesus when you know he wants to die makes no sense.

Satan can't make sense and neither do a lot of people.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture teaches us Satan was not aware how the death of Jesus would power our salvation.

1 Cor 2:7-8 but we speak God's wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
NASU

I agree he didn't know he would open the door of salvation and redemption for mankind but I still can't understand why he would do all he could to give Jesus what he wanted which was death. The only thing that makes sense is maybe Satan was fed up with his schemes in trying to get Jesus to sin not working so he just wanted to at least get satisfaction in watching him suffer and die. He definitely has a history of doing things based off of emotion and not reason, like his obvious rebellion against God. So maybe this is the answer, just an emotional reaction out of frustration.

Upvote 0