Why would God have to punish the wicked for eternity?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is my opinion that it is a judgement, but not necessarily a punishment, and that it already has been from forever, and will continue to be into forever for certain people just as it has already been from forever for them already.

And that all of us are already in it now, but that only some ever get to escape it or ever get to go beyond it.

And that this is not because of anything that they do or have done (or didn't do) but is only because God has already foreordained or predestined it, or has already chose it either way.

And, so, it is a judgement (I.E. we will all be told why this is, etc) but it is not necessarily a punishment, as some were just never ever meant to go beyond here in the first place.

It is the only thing those ones ever cared to get to know, and so it will continue to be all they will know or will ever get to know.

And that will be forever, just as it has already been from forever for them already.

I do not believe they are actively aware (conscious) of this each time they repeat it.

Or at least, are not aware of all the previous times they have been repeating it, and will not ever be made aware of all of the future ones or future times that they will repeat it either.

In a way, they are not/were not really even ever truly "conscious thinking beings" to ever even begin with anyway.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In a way, they are not/were not really even ever truly "conscious thinking beings" to ever even begin with anyway.
How do you "punish" something that is a "thing", and was never really ever even "alive", or was ever truly "conscious" to ever even begin with?

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you "punish" something that is a "thing", and was never really ever even "alive", or was ever truly "conscious" to ever even begin with?
God Bless.
If some segment of humanity are "things" then we all were and those who are no longer "things" have nothing to boast about. There but for the grace of God, go I.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If some segment of humanity are "things" then we all were and those who are no longer "things" have nothing to boast about. There but for the grace of God, go I.
I wasn't boasting or trying to boast, but was only trying to wake some people up in a way that I thought might be effective.

But you are very correct.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wasn't boasting or trying to boast, but was only trying to wake some people up in a way that I thought might be effective.
But you are very correct.
God Bless.
Some religious groups believe that some segments of mankind were "chosen" by God and others not. They believe that neither group can change their destiny.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Some religious groups believe that some segments of mankind were "chosen" by God and others not. They believe that neither group can change their destiny.
I also believe that it is that way, but, the thing with us is, nobody knows anybody's predetermined destiny, so from our point of view, we still get to choose, and nobody is beyond hope, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also believe that it is that way, but, the thing with us is, nobody knows anybody's predetermined destiny, so from our point of view, we still get to choose, and nobody is beyond hope, etc.
God Bless.
The view that there are some chosen and some not and neither group can change their fates contradicts the words of Jesus.
John 3:16
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.​

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The view that there are some chosen and some not and neither group can change their fates contradicts the words of Jesus.
John 3:16

(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
I'm not seeing the contradiction there?

Unless you're a universalist and are saying all will be saved?

The ones who are going to get to go to Heaven was already chosen/decided already from before the foundations of the world, or from before this creation was made, likewise also those who are not going to Heaven, and we don't know who these are, or how to tell who from who for absolutely sure a lot of the time, not even in our own case a lot of the time, and don't know if it will be many or few, so no one is beyond hope in our eyes or from our perspective or point of view, so, we have to give all the benefit of the doubt all of the time. We have to believe or say from our point of view that anyone who says they want to be saved can be saved no matter what, etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not seeing the contradiction there?
Unless you're a universalist and are saying all will be saved?
The ones who are going to get to go to Heaven was already chosen/decided already from before the foundations of the world, or from before this creation was made, likewise also those who are not going to Heaven, and we don't know who these are, or how to tell who from who for absolutely sure a lot of the time, not even in our own case a lot of the time, and don't know if it will be many or few, so no one is beyond hope in our eyes or from our perspective or point of view, so, we have to give all the benefit of the doubt all of the time. We have to believe or say from our point of view that anyone who says they want to be saved can be saved no matter what, etc.
God Bless.
Definitely not universalist. I was addressing the false belief that some parts of mankind are chosen to be saved and some parts of mankind are not and there is nothing either group can do to change their fate. The vs. I quoted John 3:16.
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Jesus offered the choice to all mankind, the world, whosoever believeth, not just a pre-chosen group.
I do believe , without reservation that anyone who says they want to be saved can be saved no matter what, etc.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Definitely not universalist. I was addressing the false belief that some parts of mankind are chosen to be saved and some parts of mankind are not and there is nothing either group can do to change their fate. The vs. I quoted John 3:16.
Jesus offered the choice to all mankind, the world, whosoever believeth, not just a pre-chosen group.
I do believe , without reservation that anyone who says they want to be saved can be saved no matter what, etc.
Exactly that belief is calvinism 101- double predestination which is heretical.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That's because from our perspective or point of view there is still always choice, or a choice, etc.

Anyone who comes along and says they know what this choice already is, or who is for sure chosen, and is not already chosen, etc, is a liar, and is a false one, and may even be anti-God/anti-Christ, and I would stay away from them.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's because from our perspective or point of view there is still always choice, or a choice, etc.
Anyone who comes along and says they know what this choice already is, or who is for sure chosen, and is not already chosen, etc, is a liar, and is a false one, and may even be anti-God/anti-Christ, and I would stay away from them.
God Bless.
I happen to believe that Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said "For God so loved the world, [not just a chosen few] that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever [not just a chosen few] believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I happen to believe that Jesus said what He meant and meant what He said "For God so loved the world, [not just a chosen few] that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever [not just a chosen few] believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
When Jesus was here, even he didn't know yet or at that time whether it would be many or few, so we are fools to think we can know.

So don't trust those who think they can know, or claim they do.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When Jesus was here, even he didn't know yet or at that time whether it would be many or few, so we are fools to think we can know.
So don't trust those who think they can know, or claim they do.
God Bless.
I don't claim to know who will/will not be saved, wasn't addressing that. I believe that God loved the world, the entire world, not just a chosen group and that all mankind has the same choices and chances.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't claim to know who will/will not be saved, wasn't addressing that. I believe that God loved the world, the entire world, not just a chosen group and that all mankind has the same choices and chances.
From our perspective or point of view that is correct.

But for any being, or God, to already know the outcome of all, then He must already know the outcome of all.

God Bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums